'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN Final Four and Coach of Year Predictions  (Read 8485 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: ESPN Final Four and Coach of Year Predictions
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
How many posts did I have about IU prior to March 30, 2008?  20 maybe?  Then this board became IU all the time.  Cause and effect.  People are surprised at my responses, maybe they should look at the mirror and see the cause of it.

When someone takes a mild swipe at TC or IU, you know that you can just let it go, right? Just something to consider.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

And all this sports bigamy talk...silly.  If you went to multiple schools and were heavily engaged, why can't you cheer for multiple schools?  If you have more than one child, can you only love one?  Beyond ridiculous.  Do I cheer for all my schools equally, hell no.  MU #1 and it isn't even remotely close by any stretch.  Not by any.

Wow. What an interesting analogy. If your children = your former schools it must really suck to be the kids you named Indiana and Kansas.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »
Wow. What an interesting analogy. If your children = your former schools it must really suck to be the kids you named Indiana and Kansas.

Hilarious!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »
When someone takes a mild swipe at TC or IU, you know that you can just let it go, right? Just something to consider.

Yup

When someone takes a mild swipe at BW or MU, you know you can just let it go, right?  Just something to consider.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 09:28:46 AM »

For some people here, it seems that you can only put 100% of your love or focus on one team.  I don't agree.  Then again, some people here can't walk and chew gum it would seem.

I see no problem cheering for multiple schools one attended.  I also see no problem in putting most of your heart in your main school, as I do, but still actively hoping they all do well.  It seems to me the ones that have the most to grind against this are those only went to one school which I find rather funny.  Those comments remind of those that feel they need to give parenting advice but they don't have kids themselves. 

At any rate, be a fan as you see it and I'll be a fan as I see it.  Go Warriors.  God bless my two kids, Indiana and Kansas.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:34:30 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »
Yup

When someone takes a mild swipe at BW or MU, you know you can just let it go, right?  Just something to consider.

Well, it's a Marquette board, so duh. Is there anyone on the Kansas board constantly defends Roy Williams and takes swipes at Bill Self? If so, I'm sure the board is pretty tough on him. What would you expect?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »
Yup

I let it go all the time. That's why you don't see thread after thread after thread turned into me playing the victim against the Scoop world.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
For some people here, it seems that you can only put 100% of your love or focus on one team.  I don't agree.  Then again, some people here can't walk and chew gum it would seem.

I see no problem cheering for multiple schools one attended.  I also see no problem in putting most of your heart in your main school, as I do, but still actively hoping they all do well.  It seems to me the ones that have the most to grind against this are those only went to one school which I find rather funny.  Those comments remind of those that feel they need to give parenting advice but they don't have kids themselves. 

At any rate, be a fan as you see it and I'll be a fan as I see it.  Go Warriors.  God bless my two kids, Indiana and Kansas.

So you stand by your analogy?

Chicos' favorite child:

1) Chicos Jr.
1a Chicos Jr.
1b Chicos Jr.
1c Chicos Jr.

DISTANT 2nd  Chicos III.  Distant 3rd Chicos IV.

Interesting.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
Well, it's a Marquette board, so duh. Is there anyone on the Kansas board constantly defends Roy Williams and takes swipes at Bill Self? If so, I'm sure the board is pretty tough on him. What would you expect?

I could have sworn it was 70% MU board, 30% IU \ Tom Crean is the devil board.   I thought I read it in the bylaws. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:34 AM »
I could have sworn it was 70% MU board, 30% IU \ Tom Crean is the devil board.   I thought I read it in the bylaws. 

Lately it seems more like 36% MU, 34% anti-MU, and 30% IU/TC=devil.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »
You haven't been following or paying attention very long.

Favorite teams

1) MU
1a MU
1b MU
1c MU

DISTANT 2nd  IU.  Distant 3rd KU

Do I ever want to see MU lose, to anyone?  No.

How many posts did I have about IU prior to March 30, 2008?  20 maybe?  Then this board became IU all the time.  Cause and effect.  People are surprised at my responses, maybe they should look at the mirror and see the cause of it.

Someone posted a link above that said good things about both MU and KU...and your ONLY response was the KU chant.  If MU is first and KU third, wouldn't your comment have started with something nice about the Buzz/MU predictions, and then had the KU chant as the afterthought? 

See.  I have been paying attention.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »

You aggressively defend the guy who a) coaches at Indiana, b) used to coach MU and c) is despised by many here for a myriad of reasons. You passive aggressively rip Buzz, a guy whom this board almost universally considers a much better coach and person than the guy you defend.

Given what a douche TC was and the manner in which he left, it's normal for Marquette fans to detest him and root against him. Given what a great representative of and coach for Marquette Buzz has been, it's normal for MU fans to resent the snide remarks you make about him. We get that you don't like normal, but you get what you ask (beg) for.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Lately it seems more like 36% MU, 34% anti-MU, and 30% IU/TC=devil.

+1
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »

We could also let the TC hatred go....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
We could also let the TC hatred go....

?? Color me shocked TAMU...I never pictured you as a Crean-lover

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »
2062 days since he left

178,156,800 seconds
    2,969,280 minutes
    49,488 hours
    2062 days
    294 weeks (rounded down)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
+10,000. Diluting one's passion by spreading it over multiple teams competing for the same goal means there was never much passion to begin with.

Marquette Basketball

Michigan Football

Baltimore Orioles

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
Marquette Basketball

Michigan Football

Baltimore Orioles

You clearly don't have much passion if you are diluting it and spreading it over multiple teams.  It has to be 100% all the time on MU

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 08:56:59 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
You clearly don't have much passion if you are diluting it and spreading it over multiple teams.  It has to be 100% all the time on MU

You clearly can't read. As I said, the dilution comes from spreading passion over multiple teams seeking the same goal. Last I looked Marquette basketball isn't competing with Michigan football or the Baltimore Orioles baseball club in division 1 college basketball.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
Crean sucks

he's also a prick...we shall not forget about that.  

anyone catch the end of the IU loss to UCONN where TC was yelling down at Kevin Ollie...think he wanted a tech on Ollie for being out of the coaches box or something typically odd when he throws his harbaugh like temper-tantrums after a loss.  that said, TC is good for college basketball, i personally love to watch him underachieve with top-notch talent.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:36:13 AM by avid1010 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 09:46:35 AM »
?? Color me shocked TAMU...I never pictured you as a Crean-lover

A desire to move on after 6 years makes a guy a Crean-lover?

I don't think anyone (including CBB, especially CBB) is vouching for TC's character. He was a douche, he left in a bad fashion, but he's gone. You don't have to like him to want to let the past be the past.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »

he's also a prick...we shall not forget about that.  

anyone catch the end of the IU loss to UCONN where TC was yelling down at Kevin Ollie...think he wanted a tech on Ollie for being out of the coaches box or something typically odd when he throws his harbaugh like temper-tantrums after a loss.  that said, TC is good for college basketball, i personally love to watch him underachieve with top-notch talent.

It was a nice, early season college basketball game with actual energy....good stuff...7 lead changes in the last 4 minutes.  Fun to watch

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
A desire to move on after 6 years makes a guy a Crean-lover?

I don't think anyone (including CBB, especially CBB) is vouching for TC's character. He was a douche, he left in a bad fashion, but he's gone. You don't have to like him to want to let the past be the past.

Sorry, I should have used teal.

feedback