[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 380501 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3751 on: September 09, 2021, 10:37:13 AM »
Debunked, per Snopes, as not credible.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ivermectin-sterility-in-men/

If Snopes said that, it will probably end up being true.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #3752 on: September 09, 2021, 10:45:45 AM »
Vaccine mandates for all Fed workers AND Fed contractors.

About time. Don’t be afraid to terminate the slackers.

Is that all? I was reading some rumors there will be a lot more restrictions than that. Guess we will find out when Biden gives his speech this afternoon.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3753 on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:20 AM »
Debunked, per Snopes, as not credible.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ivermectin-sterility-in-men/

snopes is about as credible as a menstruating man
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3754 on: September 09, 2021, 10:54:57 AM »
careful what you wish for re:vaccine mandates.  can health care afford to lose 10% of it's staff? for the feds however, there's room for a lot more

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3755 on: September 09, 2021, 11:19:40 AM »
Is that all? I was reading some rumors there will be a lot more restrictions than that. Guess we will find out when Biden gives his speech this afternoon.

I'm not sure there is a lot more Biden can do. Most power in regards to vaccine mandates, and emergency powers in a situation like this fall to the governors.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3756 on: September 09, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
snopes is about as credible as a menstruating man
I was unaware that the right wing disliked snopes. Is there a specific reason, or is just getting all your lies debunked that bothers you?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3757 on: September 09, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
I was unaware that the right wing disliked snopes. Is there a specific reason, or is just getting all your lies debunked that bothers you?

Snopes isn't the standard for the best fact checking anymore apparently. I got called out for it awhile back. That being said fact checking is better than not fact checking.
Maigh Eo for Sam

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #3758 on: September 09, 2021, 12:10:54 PM »
Snopes isn't the standard for the best fact checking anymore apparently. I got called out for it awhile back. That being said fact checking is better than not fact checking.

They were recently caught in a lie when they went to great lengths to cover up the fact Biden checked his watch many times during the service for the fallen military members. Essentially calling the families and witnesses liars. That probably rubbed some the wrong way.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3759 on: September 09, 2021, 12:40:55 PM »
They were recently caught in a lie when they went to great lengths to cover up the fact Biden checked his watch many times during the service for the fallen military members. Essentially calling the families and witnesses liars. That probably rubbed some the wrong way.

Jockey fact check:

You are lying.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3760 on: September 09, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »
Fun story about vaccines.  Was in Vegas the beginning of the month for a trade show. Pair of my good friends in the industry, married couple, are unvaccinated cause they plan to try for a baby this fall (I know doctors have said otherwise, I’ve said as much cause my wife waffled for a bit for the same reason, it’s silly, and they are otherwise reasonable intelligent and respectful people).  They went to the same show with his business partner and his wife as well as another couple, all 4 are vaccinated. Vegas is mask mandated but not bars and restaurants.

2 days after returning, she tested positive.  Yesterday, a week after returning, he has a fever and chills, almost assuredly is positive as well.  The vaccinated 4 are all just fine and have had a pair of negative tests each.

Get poked, it works

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3761 on: September 09, 2021, 01:53:08 PM »
Fun story about vaccines.  Was in Vegas the beginning of the month for a trade show. Pair of my good friends in the industry, married couple, are unvaccinated cause they plan to try for a baby this fall (I know doctors have said otherwise, I’ve said as much cause my wife waffled for a bit for the same reason, it’s silly, and they are otherwise reasonable intelligent and respectful people).  They went to the same show with his business partner and his wife as well as another couple, all 4 are vaccinated. Vegas is mask mandated but not bars and restaurants.

2 days after returning, she tested positive.  Yesterday, a week after returning, he has a fever and chills, almost assuredly is positive as well.  The vaccinated 4 are all just fine and have had a pair of negative tests each.

Get poked, it works

He shoulda poked her sooner, hey?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3762 on: September 09, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »

Get poked, it works

Funny - my boss has a friend who was in Vegas last week or the week before and is vaccinated and came down with COVID.  But the good news he just had some coughing and nothing else.  Guess the vaccine works.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3763 on: September 09, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »

Get poked, it works

Have they been dewormed? Seems far more reasonable than crazy talk like “get poked, it works.”  ;D

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3764 on: September 09, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »
I'm not sure there is a lot more Biden can do. Most power in regards to vaccine mandates, and emergency powers in a situation like this fall to the governors.

Woah - mandate for vaccination or weekly testing for all employers with more than 100 employees.  If there is any teeth on that, its a big deal. 

Also glad to see the expanded testing.  I found out first hand that testing is kind of hard again.  Rapid tests are sold out everywhere, and the drugstores only get like a B- from me in terms of how easy/hard it is to get a PCR.  I kind of think there's no reason to not be able to stumble backward into a rapid test at this point.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3765 on: September 09, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »
Woah - mandate for vaccination or weekly testing for all employers with more than 100 employees.  If there is any teeth on that, its a big deal. 

Yeah I have a feeling this isn't holding up in court.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3766 on: September 09, 2021, 03:17:57 PM »

Also wonder what the enforcement of this looks like?  Why just large businesses?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3767 on: September 09, 2021, 03:18:23 PM »

Also glad to see the expanded testing.  I found out first hand that testing is kind of hard again.  Rapid tests are sold out everywhere, and the drugstores only get like a B- from me in terms of how easy/hard it is to get a PCR.  I kind of think there's no reason to not be able to stumble backward into a rapid test at this point.

...more than 100 employees working for or with the federal government. Which is still 100 million people, but before the dentist with 101 employees grabs his pitchfork, the context.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3768 on: September 09, 2021, 03:31:30 PM »
...more than 100 employees working for or with the federal government. Which is still 100 million people, but before the dentist with 101 employees grabs his pitchfork, the context.

He would just let the one with the shaved head go.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3769 on: September 09, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »

you know pot is still illegal in wisconsin right?  maybe one of the few things your snopesy web site might have right.  what do they say about santa claus and the easter bunny?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3770 on: September 09, 2021, 03:55:43 PM »

you know pot is still illegal in wisconsin right?  maybe one of the few things your snopesy web site might have right.  what do they say about santa claus and the easter bunny?

8 of 10.  Good effort on this one.  A Joy Behar drop would have upped it. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3771 on: September 09, 2021, 04:00:19 PM »
In Colorado, the head of Jefferson County Public Health pulled the agency’s three vaccination vans off the road over Labor Day weekend after staffers were jeered at and harassed by the usual suspects. Via the Denver Post:

JCPH Executive Director Dawn Comstock in an interview late Tuesday said that on Saturday, staff manning a mobile vaccine clinic in Gilpin County, which contracts with Jeffco for health services, were yelled at and threatened by passing motorists.

One driver, she said, ran over and destroyed temporary signs the clinic had put up around its vaccine tent. That same day, someone threw unidentified liquid at a public health nurse who was working a different mobile clinic stationed in front of a Jefferson County restaurant, Comstock said.

“Additional cars drove by screaming obscenities at vaccine staff and throwing garbage at them,” she said. “I will not put the hard-working public health staff in harm’s way.”

Comstock said she will only allow the vans to set up at places with security, and is asking state health officials about getting funding to hire their own security.

These inbred monsters just never quit.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3772 on: September 09, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »

My bad, I jumped the gun based on a skim of the CNN article.  Partially in my defense it just says:
The President will direct the Labor Department to require all businesses with 100 or more employees ensure their workers are either vaccinated or tested once a week. Companies could face thousands of dollars in fines per employee if they don't comply.

but the connection to the federal government makes more sense in terms of it holding up.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3773 on: September 09, 2021, 04:15:08 PM »

I'm not sure. I think the mandate to businesses is clever. It is within the legal authority of the Labor Department to enact rules to maintain the safety and welfare of employees.

Not having a testing policy, and/or vaccination is putting the safety and welfare of employees at risk. So it could hold.

And vaccine mandates date back to George Washington. We won the revolutionary war in part due to vaccine mandates, so there is some lengthy history/support for the idea.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3774 on: September 09, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
My bad, I jumped the gun based on a skim of the CNN article.  Partially in my defense it just says:
but the connection to the federal government makes more sense in terms of it holding up.

I don't think retired is accurate.  He is asking OSHA to mandate vaccinations or weekly testing for employers with 100 or more employees.  He is also requiring vaccination for all federal employees and contractors or they will face disciplinary action up to and including termination.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback