Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Routine  (Read 8172 times)

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
New Routine
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »
Anyone notice the jumping guys new getup?  He must have realized that his bit was getting a little tired and he added a sidekick plus wigs.  good to see some "highly visible" fans changing their routine to keep things fresh.  ;)
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Re: New Routine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:45:08 AM »
Seconded, I love that he is at EVERY game as well.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:45:45 AM »
I believe the sidekick is his brother, but I could be wrong.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:50:24 AM »
I'm not 100% sure but I think that was a slight jab at the Boxer Boys again. Rumor has it the SUPER DUPER DO IT IN THE POOPER fans missed a game over the break. I thought all HARDCORE fans go to every game?

"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
Took a colleague to the game and they actually were an alum of The Hall.  The first thing he said when he sat down is "what's up with the guys with the boxing gloves?  What's the significance?"

Said I really didn't know other than they were at most games, as far as I could tell.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:11:11 PM »
i ran into him on my way out of the bradley center... i have never been as starstruck as i was by meeting the "jump around guy".
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 12:21:07 PM »
Soon he will be the next Freeway!  Minus the baggage that comes with being Freeway. 

And in baggage I mean an Aldi bag,

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
That Jumpy guy has a pretty wicked Steeshe.
"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

MU05MUHS01

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
I go to the same church as him...little crazy but none the less a good guy.

He owns RA Smith Engineering Firm in Milwaukee which is one of the firm's on the Marquette Interchange...I guess I understand why he is jumping around like a crazy man...

So he will not be the next Freeway but he does build the Freeways...

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
I spoke to Jump Around Guy (Rick Smith) during the Savannah St game (put myself thru school at MU working for his company) and he acknowledged his ESPN appearance(s) and occasional bouts of fame.  Thinks he has a shot at being the next Freeway.  Apart from that, he's about as modest and down-to-earth as a person can be.  I suspect the person with him last night was his son, who I haven't seen since he was about ten years old.

Hilltopper, I promise to do that Wiki on him one of these days.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
I like that he brought someone else instead of his wife to this game.  Gave him the ability to be a little looser and love the wigs they had!  Rick is a staple for sure.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
I sit in the same area, just more toward the basket.

Any ideas for signs for Saturday?  I'm too old for the usual Notre Dame is French for Our B****, but thought someone would have a good idea.  I remember all the laptop stuff for the UConn game and that really seemed to irk the players.

Is there anything similar for ND?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 12:59:13 PM »
well there is the McAlarney incident of last year...

and we could always have a big sign of Harangody in a diaper

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
You could make a football comment.  I mean hey Marquette is undefeated in DI Football since 1960 or so!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
or suggest they way want to think of dropping football as well.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU05MUHS01

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »
Not sure how to post pictures yet but here is a link to Jimmy Clausen in a speedo with two other guys, maybe stick Harangody and Maclarney on the bodies and change the caption to something else

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/09/08/notre-dame-this-is-your-quarterback-jimmy-clausen/

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 01:36:36 PM »

Is there not some sort of Photoshop opportunity here?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 01:44:06 PM »
The people who do the big heads are doin a good job this year. The one with Bobby Gonzalez as mini me had Gause and the Hall trainer in tears laughing.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
Soon he will be the next Freeway!  Minus the baggage that comes with being Freeway. 

I think Freeway might have upgraded his Aldi bag, lately he's been spotted (last night's game included) with a duffel bag.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »

watch out, he's got an athletic bag now too :)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
Is there not some sort of Photoshop opportunity here?

Ask and you shall recieve- a little something I threw together.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »
Well I thought I'd let you guys know.  That me, and some of the other front row people are discussing a new thing to have at the game, once we procure some funding and figure out a way to carry it in.  If it works it will be great.  We would like to debut it earlier than the Georgetown game but at the same time Georgetown seems like a great game for it.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
There has to be a photoshop opportunity with Harangody and Sloth from the Goonies too.  Those two were separated at birth.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
Well I thought I'd let you guys know.  That me, and some of the other front row people are discussing a new thing to have at the game, once we procure some funding and figure out a way to carry it in.  If it works it will be great.  We would like to debut it earlier than the Georgetown game but at the same time Georgetown seems like a great game for it.

this is a pretty worthless post...

how about this... Me and a group of other season ticket holders are planning something big.  i don't think it will work, but if it does it will be legendary.  i mean to the point where every mcdonalds all american will want to come here.  it will be mind blowing, but we aren't sure what game to do it for.  maybe we will hold off for a couple years, but not sure.  hopefully we can get enough funding.  it will be epic.

thanks for your post, I'm dying with anticipation.  unless your secret is a 3 foot tall poster of Paris Hilton's vagina like "That Guy" had suggested to distract the other team, then its not really going to heighten my game day experience...
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

this is a pretty worthless post...

how about this... Me and a group of other season ticket holders are planning something big.  i don't think it will work, but if it does it will be legendary.  i mean to the point where every mcdonalds all american will want to come here.  it will be mind blowing, but we aren't sure what game to do it for.  maybe we will hold off for a couple years, but not sure.  hopefully we can get enough funding.  it will be epic.

thanks for your post, I'm dying with anticipation.  unless your secret is a 3 foot tall poster of Paris Hilton's vagina like "That Guy" had suggested to distract the other team, then its not really going to heighten my game day experience...

Let's think about what you just posted.  Hmm  What did your original message say.  Highly visible fans changing your routine.  I am 100% sure that is what I was talking about but maybe I was wrong.  Sorry for the alert ignore it I guess.  If it comes you will know

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »
you are correct that is what my original post was referring to.  my last post was referring to the fact that you are acting like you have a great secret.  either just say what you plan on doing, or let the message board talk about it after you do it as a surprise.  i was making fun of the attempt to build anticipation.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »
The one with Bobby Gonzalez as mini me

Anyone got a photo?

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
Does freeway have a reserved seat in the student section. the last two games i have looked in the student section next to the band, behind the cheerleaders and he has been there- in what might be the same seat. i love that guy. If you ever get a chance to talk to him... take it. He gets in A+ in dictation.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »
Does freeway have a reserved seat in the student section. the last two games i have looked in the student section next to the band, behind the cheerleaders and he has been there- in what might be the same seat. i love that guy. If you ever get a chance to talk to him... take it. He gets in A+ in dictation.

Are you joking? I cannot stand Freeway. Quite possibly the most annoying person in the world.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
what about freeway do you not like?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

Good grief. Can I ask how long you have known Freeway? He is the worst.

MUWarrior11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
I am glad to see a thread dedicated to Jump Around Guy.

My favorite JAG moment was when he was put on the kiss cam for the UWM game, and pretty much went nuts on his wife...much more making out than the simple little kiss.  He definately made the most of his camera time.

And I havent been to any of the home games over break, but how has Freeway been?  Plenty of dancing or no?
I'm pumped for this saturday..hopefulle jump around guy and freeway and the rest of us will be ready to go nuts!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 04:34:10 PM »

I have known him for about two years now. how can you not like the ridiculous questions he asks, like "Will Marquette bring it all home this year?" [try to imagine his dictation as he says it].

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »

I have known him for about two years now. how can you not like the ridiculous questions he asks, like "Will Marquette bring it all home this year?" [try to imagine his dictation as he says it].

How 'bout I throw that same question back in your direction after you have heard him asking the same stupid questions 2 years from now, 5 years from now, 20 years from now, as has been the case with me and many others around here...Doesn't ever seem to matter where it was either, Bradley Center, Wells St., Water St. Walkers Point, County Stadium, Miller Park, you name it, there he is saying something along the lines of [Freeway voice] "Kenny Battle, he loves to sky!" [/Freeway voice] Freeway sucks!

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »

Im not sure that I really want to know, but what do you think is in his bag?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:03 AM »

I heard that he just gets free admission to any event at the BC. And I don't think he has a seat because I see him over in the section behind the visitors bench a lot too. I think he just gets in and goes wherever he wants

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »

Im not sure that I really want to know, but what do you think is in his bag?

My buddy looked into the bag once
 All it was is a jar of peanut butter a can of soup and a pair of pants.  Nothing truly awesome!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
I've heard about the pair of jeans in the Aldi bag but the soup and peanut butter is new to me.  Thank you for this information Nate!  It adds to the legend that is Freeway.

If you want to get away from Freeway the key is to answer his questions correctly.  These are the answers to some of his questions I have learned over the years:

Q.  What is Marquette's ultimate goal?
A.  40 Straight National Championships (do not say a single National Championship or especially don't say a Final Four - he will become agitated)

Q.  What is the only publication to give Marquette the credit it deserves?
A.  The New York Post

Q.  Do you know the best team I (Freeway) have ever seen come into the Bradley Center?
A. The 2002-2003 Cincinatti Bearcats (be careful - right or wrong he will go into the starting lineups and stats)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »
just ask him about hockey.  he'll go away.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »
One of the most disappointing days of my life was the day during the Wake Forest game that Freeway annouced to my friends and I that he was a bigger fan of the Rodents than he was Marquette. :-[
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »

hockey or the stock market

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
Best way I've found to fluster Freeway is to respond to his questions with more questions.

Freeway: "Do you think the Bucks should trade Michael Redd?"
You: "Don't you think the price of gas is getting too high?"
Freeway: (10 second pause)"What?"
You: "The price of gas. It's getting out of hand, don't you think?"
Freeway: (5 second pause) "How about Coach Crean? Can he bring the title back to a certain school on Wisconsin Avenue?"
You: "Do you prefer sushi or sashimi?"
Freeway: (10 second pause) "What is your goal for the Marquette team this year?"

It won't make him go away, but the bewildered look on his face is priceless.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »
I would quickly request an MU person to request Hey Ya by Outkast...its like catnip for freeway!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »

FryBoy!  See I thought Freeway hated hockey too as he will often putdown hockey in his comments but one time on the bus he was talking about the Frozen Four with praise.  Perhaps he thought it was the Final Four.  Hummmm.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »

FryBoy!  See I thought Freeway hated hockey too as he will often putdown hockey in his comments but one time on the bus he was talking about the Frozen Four with praise.  Perhaps he thought it was the Final Four.  Hummmm.

hmmm.....I've gotten him to go off on swearing tirades after asking him who'd win the Blackhawks or the redwings.  Christ, I'm even asking him seriously, cuz I don't know jack about hockey.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

hmmm.....I've gotten him to go off on swearing tirades after asking him who'd win the Blackhawks or the redwings.  Christ, I'm even asking him seriously, cuz I don't know jack about hockey.

Well the might fine young blackhawks are currently 4-1 against the redwings this year!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
I thought it was crazy too that he was talking up the frozen four.  Could it be be hates the NHL but is fine with college hockey?  Everytime I have heard him go off on hockey it has been about the NHL.

My god I am analyzing the mind of Freeway.

feedback