'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Acker  (Read 2228 times)

mviale

• All American
Acker
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »
I only caught the last 5 min of the game, but many on the chat complained about his game. I looked at the box and he had 6 assists and 1 TO.   However, he did foul out
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: Acker
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »
for some reason, I think acker's lack of size gets him fouls. My dad is 5'8" and played basketball in h.s. and would complain about the same problems. A little different situation but the same concept. I think there were two or three fouls where if he were a little bigger, they wouldn't have been called. That being said, he does still need to work on his footwork to make sure he doesn't get called for those nitpicking fouls.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »
mo was beaten quite a few times by harvey.  surprised they didn't make a defensive switch earlier than they did.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
got it, but Harvey didnt shoot the lights out
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:15:18 PM »
Harvey was causing Mo problems when they would isolate him at the top of the key.  Harvey could shake him and then would shoot over Mo as we was catching him....

I thought Mo played very well though.  He made a good 3 in the corner which helped get the crowd back into it.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
Harvey did get by Mo several times, but I think that means no one on MU would have been successful in staying in front of him.  Mo is lightning quick and a good defender.  He got called for one foul when he was on the block and faced his man to body him to help someone else get a rebound.  He was giving up about a foot (because of a switch) and I thought it was a pretty weak foul call. 

He also got called on a block late in the game that Mike Kelly said hadn't been called all night-- pretty tic-tac. 

The refs let the game get very physical early and didn't do anything to reign it in until the very end. 

Acker didn't score much last night, but I don't think we would have won the game without him.  He helped the pacing and decisionmaking when we were on offense. 

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:19:02 AM »
Acker played a solid game last night, but was beaten by Harvey when isolated at the top of the key towards the end of the game.  He is taken minutes away from Cubillan, and the one time they showed David on the bench, he looked peeved.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »
Acker isn't taking minutes from Cubillan. Cubillan saw more bench time last night because he's been hurt. When he's healthy, he's one of our best players. But that's why Acker played so much last night. And I thought Acker played well! Of course he got beaten a couple times, but he's limited physically. He runs our offense well when he's at the point.
I like him!

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
Acker played a solid game last night, but was beaten by Harvey when isolated at the top of the key towards the end of the game.  He is taken minutes away from Cubillan, and the one time they showed David on the bench, he looked peeved.
I too only caught the last 5 minutes of the game but the 2 or 3 times that Mo got beat were kind of weak.  He gives up several inches but the crap Seton Hall threw up was somehow magically going in, not very high quality shots.  I mean there was one "acrobatic" bucket down the lane where the guy lost the ball going up but it somehow went in.  And there was a 360 move where the SH player wasn't even looking at the basket when he let it go.  When shots like those fall there really isn't anyone you can blame defensively.
6/1 Assist/Turnover ratio is very good...

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »
Acker is an energetic, gutsy player who instead afraid to go into the trees. he b rings a lot of energy onto the floor -  I thought he played well last nite.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »
I like Acker as our 6th / 7th man. I think he's better with the ball than David and he probably a better shooter. They're very comparable but I think now that Acker is getting some minutes and gaining confidence he's looking pretty good.