Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: these refs suck  (Read 4955 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: these refs suck
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:55 PM »
I agree.  I thought for sure that fast break was going to be a foul on Maurice.  Instead a travel call.

Not only a travel call but an enthusiastic windup to go with it.  He roared back for that call!  I'll try to get video of it.

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:39 PM »
After seeing Higgins call that travel on the SHU break late in the 2nd half, I decided I'd take back a very small portion of the comments I've made about him over the years. 

That was a great call... Although I was sitting on the opposite side of the court... it didn't look like a travel at all....  ;D

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 11:37:23 PM »
Seemed like Higgins whole attitude changed after that argument between him and the SHU asst coach or coach during the long-ish break near the end (how's that for a vague description) ... maybe with about 3 minutes left in the game? It was a refreshing change. Don't mess with the leprechaun ... ?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
The refs had more to do with us winning tonight than they did with us losing to WVU.

You are right 100%.  We are quick to complain when the refs take a game away from us.  In my heart, I believe that had the Duke game been officiated evenly/fairly, we would have won.  The refs had nothing to do with us losing to WV, I thought they were fair.  More importantly, there's a good chance we lose an evenly officiated game last night.  That's what home court advantage is for, I guess.  When you constantly grab and reach like we do, there are going to be nights when the refs make you pay.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Frozen Caveman Coach

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
The refs had more to do with us winning tonight than they did with us losing to WVU.

You are right 100%.  We are quick to complain when the refs take a game away from us.  In my heart, I believe that had the Duke game been officiated evenly/fairly, we would have won.  The refs had nothing to do with us losing to WV, I thought they were fair.  More importantly, there's a good chance we lose an evenly officiated game last night.  That's what home court advantage is for, I guess.  When you constantly grab and reach like we do, there are going to be nights when the refs make you pay.

Yes, MUs aggressive style of play leads to the likelihood of more whistles against them in an evenly matched game.  The complaints of poor officiating after a loss or poorly played game is so tiring.