[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: EVERYONE? is back from the '77 team on Saturday  (Read 4984 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
EVERYONE? is back from the '77 team on Saturday
« on: March 01, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »
That's what the other boad says which I find interesting.  Neary has been pissed for a long time about not exempting the championship team's seats when all of the point re-seating was done.  I hope he shows up, that would be great for the program and would be nice for many fans to see Neary there.

A few others on the list that are supposed to show are interesting as well...Toone being one of them.  Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: EVERYONE? is back from the '77 team on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 02:29:24 PM »
From Crean's mouth (on Rosiak's blog)
What are your thoughts on the 1977 team appearing that night? The way it looks right now I think everybody's coming at some point in time and I think that says a lot. Butch Lee from Puerto Rico, Jerome Whitehead from San Diego, it looks like Bernard Toone is going to be here. Jim Boylan will be able to be here because the Bulls play the Bucks on Sunday. Bo Ellis has had a lot to do with spearheading this movement, and my father-in-law Jack Harbaugh and the group upstairs have helped put it together. That's going to be a lot of fun. That'll be a great, great honor for everybody and in the 30th year, to have them all come back, says a lot.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
From Crean's mouth (on Rosiak's blog)
What are your thoughts on the 1977 team appearing that night? The way it looks right now I think everybody's coming at some point in time and I think that says a lot. Butch Lee from Puerto Rico, Jerome Whitehead from San Diego, it looks like Bernard Toone is going to be here. Jim Boylan will be able to be here because the Bulls play the Bucks on Sunday. Bo Ellis has had a lot to do with spearheading this movement, and my father-in-law Jack Harbaugh and the group upstairs have helped put it together. That's going to be a lot of fun. That'll be a great, great honor for everybody and in the 30th year, to have them all come back, says a lot.

That would be terrific.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »
Well if losing when Wade was in the building a month earlier was not acceptable, they should be able to put this one in the win column right now, no?

"There's no way you want to come out with an 'L' when you're retiring someone's jersey, especially someone as important as Dwyane is."

-- Tom Crean 2/3/07

"It was a real emotional day for him and we definitely didn't want to mess that up by losing."

-- Jerel McNeal 2/3/07

79Warrior

• All American
Has Butch Lee been back to a game? BT would really shock
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
to me. I had many classes with him. What a character!

4everwarriors

• All American
If...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
Jim Dudley makes an appearance, I will streak down Wisconsin Ave. yelling, "I love Tom Crean."
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

maxpower773

• Starter
Re: If...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:43:28 PM »
Jim Dudley makes an appearance, I will streak down Wisconsin Ave. yelling, "I love Tom Crean."

We're all gonna hold that to you now. And it's not like we would have to witness it, it'd be on the news that night anyways.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
I've heard THE WHOLE TEAM is coming.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 08:07:26 AM »

they all are.  Bo did it..even found Toone.  amazing

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »

they all are.  Bo did it..even found Toone.  amazing

That means 4Ever will be streaking....yikes.  Hide the women and children.

Warrior Farls

• Walk-On
Re: Has Butch Lee been back to a game? BT would really shock
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 12:20:03 PM »
to me. I had many classes with him. What a character!

Butch was back for the 15 year, and for Al's Night, I believe.
"Roland was a warrior" -Warren Zevon

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »
Will Majerus be there?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »
Can an old-timer give us the cliff notes version of Bernard Toone?  What's the deal on him? And why's it so unusual that he's back?  I know about Neary & Seating...

Thanks
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

bma725

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 02:38:42 PM »
Can an old-timer give us the cliff notes version of Bernard Toone?  What's the deal on him? And why's it so unusual that he's back?  I know about Neary & Seating...

Thanks

He had literally dropped off the face of the earth a few years ago.  Toone had some run ins with the law, rumor was he even did jail time.  At the last one of these type of things, they talked about how they had tried to find him, but no one was ever able to locate him.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 02:47:41 PM »

Thanks

He had literally dropped off the face of the earth a few years ago.  Toone had some run ins with the law, rumor was he even did jail time.  At the last one of these type of things, they talked about how they had tried to find him, but no one was ever able to locate him.
yes, he had several run-ins with the law.. as evidenced by this story reported back in Nov 1985.

SPORTS PEOPLE;
TOONE ARRESTED

Published: November 3, 1985

For the second time in less than six months, Bernard Toone, the 6-foot-7-inch forward out of Gorton High School in Yonkers and Marquette University, has been arrested in an incident related to an automobile. Toone, who played one season with the Philadelphia 76ers, was arrested Friday for stealing a radio from a 1985 Saab in a municipal parking lot in White Plains.

On May 23, Toone and another man were arrested in a Yonkers fast food restaurant in a rental car reported stolen in Tarrytown on April 26. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, was sentenced to three years probation and 100 hours of community service. This time he was charged with third degree grand larceny and ordered held in lieu of $1,500 bail.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

cloudpiercer

• Walk-On
Re: If...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »

Dudley will be there, most definitely--the first time back for him.
You're going to be very cold running down to the lake!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »

Thanks

yes, he had several run-ins with the law.. as evidenced by this story reported back in Nov 1985.

SPORTS PEOPLE;
TOONE ARRESTED

Published: November 3, 1985

For the second time in less than six months, Bernard Toone, the 6-foot-7-inch forward out of Gorton High School in Yonkers and Marquette University, has been arrested in an incident related to an automobile. Toone, who played one season with the Philadelphia 76ers, was arrested Friday for stealing a radio from a 1985 Saab in a municipal parking lot in White Plains.

On May 23, Toone and another man were arrested in a Yonkers fast food restaurant in a rental car reported stolen in Tarrytown on April 26. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, was sentenced to three years probation and 100 hours of community service. This time he was charged with third degree grand larceny and ordered held in lieu of $1,500 bail.

To track that article down...man, YOU'RE GOOD! :o
SS Marquette

feedback