collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: Bucks game  (Read 2589 times)

statnik

• Team Captain
OT: Bucks game
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
Does anyone know if the Annex has satellite television, including NBA TV?  The Bucks game tonight is not on FS Wisconsin, but it is on NBA TV.  If not, is there any restaurant or bar close by that does?

chapman

• All American
Re: OT: Bucks game
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:41:08 PM »
You know Brandon Jennings is having an effect on the city when someone wants to watch the Bucks.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »
Although I do agree with you, I have been a Bucks fan for the last four years, happening to coincide with some of their worst years.  At least, I have only followed the Bucks closely for four years.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
Lucky for you that you didn't have to suffer through the complete hose job that the ref's pulled in the Eastern Conference finals in 2001 on the Bucks.

I couldn't watch the NBA for 5 years.

LON

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »
Lucky for you that you didn't have to suffer through the complete hose job that the ref's pulled in the Eastern Conference finals in 2001 on the Bucks.

The NBA isn't a bastion of ethics?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »

That completely killed any NBA interest I had until Wade got into the league, and it really killed any interest in the Bucks.

However... I'm just about ready to hop on board again. I really like the way this team plays, and Jennings is spectacular. Enjoying it until Redd comes back and blows up all that pesky defense and team basketball.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »

"The Rigging"
As we called it. 
Marquette University, Spring '08

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »
The Bucks finally drafted wisely.   :o
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
"The Rigging"
As we called it. 

I thought that was the Kings v Lakers series.... or is that the "Hose Job"

I found it odd when I was in Vegas in September, you couldn't bet on the Celtics to win it all... like Vegas and the NBA work together, and they already know who is going to win.

They were the only team in any of the sports that you couldn't bet on (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:58:54 PM »
I thought that was the Kings v Lakers series.... or is that the "Hose Job"

I found it odd when I was in Vegas in September, you couldn't bet on the Celtics to win it all... like Vegas and the NBA work together, and they already know who is going to win.

They were the only team in any of the sports that you couldn't bet on (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB)

You could be right.  But I just remember the "Philly v. L.A. Laker" matchup being craved.  We just called it the rigging to get the big markets to play.  Kings-Lakers match-up is pretty much the same thing. Both "rigged, hosed"

To current events.
I thought Redd was coming back tonight? 
Helluva game though.  Dirk, the one that got away.
Marquette University, Spring '08

feedback