collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Will Wes have to switch numbers already?  (Read 1507 times)

The Man in Gold

• All American
Will Wes have to switch numbers already?
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
With Lebron's switch from 23 to 6 pending, he is also trying to push to have the NBA retire the number across the board.

"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it." -Lebron

Poor Wes, normally a rookie's jersey number is in jeopardy if a veteran wants it, but when the MVP asks for your number what else can you say?
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Will Wes have to switch numbers already?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:47:16 PM »
His idea/petition is stupid. I think the NHL did this for Gretzky, which is equally stupid.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:49:07 PM »
LeBron can piss off.  Considering all of his gear has LJ23 on it I have a feeling he's doing it to sell new gear and jerseys.  But hey when you can't win a championship, you might as well be known as the guy who helped get MJ's number retired.

When numbers are retired, those who already have the number are generally grandfathered in.  Examples are Mariano Rivera's 42 for Jackie Robinsin and Ryan Amoroso for Maurice Lucas.  Wes should be fine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
You can say, "mind your own business." Lebron should stop pontificating and realize that he's just a basketball player who doesn't help solve any of the world's problems. Maybe James and Bill Walton can go to a Dead concert with Obama and figure it out  
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »
This coming from the guy who considered it a potential personal business risk to sign a petition condemning the genocide in Darfur...