'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8519016 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 4/1/17
« Reply #7150 on: April 19, 2017, 05:32:34 AM »
Well unless you have me on ignore look above. I was just having some fun with the source? Joke but I guess Guru is too sensitive and made a whole film about it and it didn't even have anything to do with him or IWB.

Sorry, maybe i was a bit sensitive, but the whole #donedeal that everyone uses around here, is old and not all that funny to be honest with you. What happened, happened, move past it.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7151 on: April 19, 2017, 05:55:45 AM »
Koulechov committed to Florida.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7152 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »
Sorry, maybe i was a bit sensitive, but the whole #donedeal that everyone uses around here, is old and not all that funny to be honest with you. What happened, happened, move past it.

Done deal.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7153 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »
How many graduate programs outside of the Theology department require graduate students to take theology courses?  My guess is...none.  For a kid who would be coming here to play basketball and entering a master's program for the sole purpose of being able to do just that (play basketball for a single year), I am highly skeptical that a fear of being Jewish and needing to take Roman Catholic theology courses at a Jesuit university had any type of impact on Egor's decision not to consider MU.  But that's just my thinking, I've been wrong before.

Who said he have to take a theology course?  You made quite a jump there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7154 on: April 19, 2017, 07:54:34 AM »
Who said he have to take a theology course?  You made quite a jump there.

So if you're spending 80% of your time in your apartment or the gym and the other 20% of the time you're not doing anything that has to do with religion then why would religious affiliation come into play in a decision as to where you're going to spend 8 months of your life playing basketball?  Otherwise he probably would've committed to Budapest University of Jewish Studies, Hebrew College, Jewish Theological Seminary of America, Maimonides Schools for Jewish Studies, ORT Argentina, ORT Israel, Sholem Aleichem Amur State University, Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership, St. Petersburg Institute of Jewish Studies, or Yeshiva College.

That's my exact point.  Claiming that a Jewish college basketball player was never coming to MU because MU is a Jesuit university when he has been at 2 schools so far and is considering 2 other schools to go to for his final year, and they are in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and Arizona is making quite the jump.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:35:32 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7155 on: April 19, 2017, 08:03:47 AM »

#donedeal, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7156 on: April 19, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »
I axed Ernie Grunfeld dat very question back in da dey. For him, no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7157 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:36 AM »
Muguru its been 3+ years on the whole IWB fiasco.  Move on from it.  IWB pulled a major rookie journalistic blunder trying to scoop everyone and drive hits to a sight he was trying to build.  He screwed up in a big an laughable way that will always be joked about.  If its the worst thing he does in his life he will have led a good life. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7158 on: April 19, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »
Muguru its been 3+ years on the whole IWB fiasco.  Move on from it.  IWB pulled a major rookie journalistic blunder trying to scoop everyone and drive hits to a sight he was trying to build.  He screwed up in a big an laughable way that will always be joked about.  If its the worst thing he does in his life he will have led a good life.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7159 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
News, I think Ellenson was asking how the whole Shaka Smart thing went down, where IWB birthed the most notorious #donedeal in Scoop history.   

I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what set that off myself.

Ha you got it! I want to know EXACTLY what happened.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7160 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:19 AM »
So if you're spending 80% of your time in your apartment or the gym and the other 20% of the time you're not doing anything that has to do with religion then why would religious affiliation come into play in a decision as to where you're going to spend 8 months of your life playing basketball?  Otherwise he probably would've committed to Budapest University of Jewish Studies, Hebrew College, Jewish Theological Seminary of America, Maimonides Schools for Jewish Studies, ORT Argentina, ORT Israel, Sholem Aleichem Amur State University, Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership, St. Petersburg Institute of Jewish Studies, or Yeshiva College.

That's my exact point.  Claiming that a Jewish college basketball player was never coming to MU because MU is a Jesuit university when he has been at 2 schools so far and is considering 2 other schools to go to for his final year, and they are in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and Arizona is making quite the jump.

Well, since I brought up "Jewish Thought and Practice" as an example that MU isn't as parochial as some might suppose, I guess we were making somewhat the same point.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7161 on: April 19, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »

As Scoop's resident Jewish Correspondent, I will say that to all but fairly religious Jews, MU being a Jesuit university would not make a difference.

That being said, with all the choices out there, I wouldn't blame somebody who doesn't give a hoot about Catholicism, or at least about religion, for choosing a school with no religious affiliation. If one is looking for a "tiebreaker," I could see that coming into play.

I mean, I still laugh at myself sometimes. I hate cold weather and I'm non-religious; why didn't I apply to Florida or Arizona State or freakin' Hawaii? People ask me why I chose Marquette and I come up with something, but when I'm honest with myself, those reasons always sound silly at best.

All worked out, though. Maybe there is a God! (Nah.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7162 on: April 19, 2017, 09:23:12 AM »

Like you move past MU targets who commit elsewhere?  Lead by example....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7163 on: April 19, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »

More proof that Wojo can't recruit. I can't believe we haven't fired the bum and replaced him with Stan.

But wait ... this guy isn't coming to Marquette and Stan is Wojo's recruiting guru. Gotta fire him, too!

Maybe we can go with a "college of coaches" like the Cubs did 50 years ago. That worked well for them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #7164 on: April 19, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/ShLeDee/status/854676239264731137

Jaedon LeDee's mom. It would appear the visit went well.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7165 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »

I'm glad the humor police is here to tell me what I should and shouldn't find funny.  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7166 on: April 19, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
As Scoop's resident Jewish Correspondent, I will say that to all but fairly religious Jews, MU being a Jesuit university would not make a difference.

That being said, with all the choices out there, I wouldn't blame somebody who doesn't give a hoot about Catholicism, or at least about religion, for choosing a school with no religious affiliation. If one is looking for a "tiebreaker," I could see that coming into play.

I mean, I still laugh at myself sometimes. I hate cold weather and I'm non-religious; why didn't I apply to Florida or Arizona State or freakin' Hawaii? People ask me why I chose Marquette and I come up with something, but when I'm honest with myself, those reasons always sound silly at best.

All worked out, though. Maybe there is a God! (Nah.)

That's all fair.  I guess my point is that it's okay to just admit, "Hey, the staff went after a recruit but the recruit chose to play basketball elsewhere."  There doesn't always have to be some underlying reason beyond a basketball decision for someone to not consider Marquette.  So I guess my argument was that if this were an incoming freshman, 4 year guy then yes, he would have to put himself in some sort of religious education class at MU to fulfill graduation requirements.  But as a grad transfer I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty confident that unless you're in some sort of theological studies masters program you won't be required to take any type of religion course for your master's program.

I think he would've had to spend just as much time being around the Catholic faith/thinking about religion in his 8 months at MU as he will at Florida.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7167 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

Wojo must have broken out the ol' power point presentation.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #7168 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »
More proof that Wojo can't recruit. I can't believe we haven't fired the bum and replaced him with Stan.

But wait ... this guy isn't coming to Marquette and Stan is Wojo's recruiting guru. Gotta fire him, too!

Maybe we can go with a "college of coaches" like the Cubs did 50 years ago. That worked well for them.

The Scoop College of Coaching, aina?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7169 on: April 19, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »

Al had some saying about get the Mom and you get the kid.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #7170 on: April 19, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »

WTF happened to this thread?

The off-season is killing us already.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7171 on: April 19, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »

Lots of strong competition for young Mr. LeDee. Glad to see we have Stan on the assignment.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #7172 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/MUCoachJohnson/status/854714951172280320

Off to see Khavon Moore again, it appears.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7173 on: April 19, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/MUCoachJohnson/status/854714951172280320

Off to see Khavon Moore again, it appears.
I like that we are recruiting so many of the top tier kids. These players all talk to each other and I feel the more our name is out there the better. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7174 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
I like that we are recruiting so many of the top tier kids. These players all talk to each other and I feel the more our name is out there the better.

Seems like a waste of time to me.  I struggle to envision how we land Ledee or Moore. Stan is great, but he's not a miracle worker.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

feedback