'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8671977 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 4/1/17
« Reply #7075 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »
Had a couple of good years for Harvey's Wallbangers after shifting from catcher to right field. Good arm!

http://www.ispn24.com/1982-alcs-gm5-moore-throws-out-jackson_f77dedbd2.html

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #7076 on: April 17, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
Egor is out.  Just not enough mutual interest.  Too many others to focus on right now.  Still would like one traditional and one grad transfer.

Morrow is someone that Wojo wants.
Stan focusing on 2018.
Hauser family loves MU, per Mrs. H.

Giddy about freshman coming in.  Think that they are underrated as a class and excited about the chemistry already.  Elliot seems like a real big steal now.  Todd already has some plans for him this summer.

Harry's ankle is fine. 

Sorry I have been traveling a lot and have not been in MKE much.  Missed the banquet for the first time in a decade. 

I know my priorities are all mixed up.  I should make this board a higher focus.    Will work on it. 

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #7077 on: April 17, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
Thanks for the info, any possibility on a grad transfer or is it Morrow or nothing.  Morrow gives them somebody that they do not have, a tough rebounder.
Plus it gets them back into Chicago which they need.  It would give them a body in all 3 big cities around Milwaukee.  Sort of need a Milwaukee kid in the future
but not sure there is one right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7078 on: April 17, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »
Thanks for the info, BD.  Too bad about Egor, but that has been pretty obvious for a while now.  Any other grad transfer names they're after? (Besides Cam Johnson, who seems like a long shot due to his list).

Can you confirm Charlie Moore is of interest? Is Milwaukee close enough to Chicago for Mr. Moore?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7079 on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
What about Cam Johnson?? Anything going with him??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7080 on: April 17, 2017, 11:57:12 AM »
Can you confirm Charlie Moore is of interest? Is Milwaukee close enough to Chicago for Mr. Moore?

If Milwaukee ain't close enough than he's going to either Depaul or Northwestern. Only two high majors that are closer (unless the six minutes closer Notre Dame is matters).
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7081 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
If Milwaukee ain't close enough than he's going to either Depaul or Northwestern. Only two high majors that are closer (unless the six minutes closer Notre Dame is matters).

Yah, well, Depaul and Northwestern seem to be the two that have been mentioned most. 

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #7082 on: April 17, 2017, 12:06:44 PM »
Thanks for the info, BD.  Too bad about Egor, but that has been pretty obvious for a while now.  Any other grad transfer names they're after? (Besides Cam Johnson, who seems like a long shot due to his list).

Never thought Egor was a possibility since MU is a jesuit school and I believe Igor is Jewish.  That does make a difference to some kids.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7083 on: April 17, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »
I would 100% love the Morrow get, kid is what MU needs, a fierce rebounder. Just wish he would be eligible this year, but it is what it is.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #7084 on: April 17, 2017, 12:21:57 PM »
Agreed with the above, would love to hear something about Charlie Moore.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7085 on: April 17, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »
Never thought Egor was a possibility since MU is a jesuit school and I believe Igor is Jewish.  That does make a difference to some kids.

Damn, sucks if true. Raining 3's should be an interfaith celebration, agnostic at worst.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #7086 on: April 17, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
Egor is out.  Just not enough mutual interest.  Too many others to focus on right now.  Still would like one traditional and one grad transfer.

Morrow is someone that Wojo wants.
Stan focusing on 2018.
Hauser family loves MU, per Mrs. H.

Giddy about freshman coming in.  Think that they are underrated as a class and excited about the chemistry already.  Elliot seems like a real big steal now.  Todd already has some plans for him this summer.

Harry's ankle is fine. 

Sorry I have been traveling a lot and have not been in MKE much.  Missed the banquet for the first time in a decade. 

I know my priorities are all mixed up.  I should make this board a higher focus.    Will work on it.

Thanks, BD.
I think I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate that you recognize the deficiencies in your priorities.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #7087 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:54 PM »
Damn, sucks if true. Raining 3's should be an interfaith celebration, agnostic at worst.

It does make a difference unless you are going to law school or dental school.  I would say those departments are interfaith.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7088 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »
Should we bet our bottom dollar on the sun coming out, Big Daddy Annie?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7089 on: April 17, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »

Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida...Wisconsin.

Guessing if the decision has anything to do with anything beyond basketball, location may be more of an issue than religious affiliation.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:00:40 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7090 on: April 17, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida...Wisconsin.

Guessing if the decision has anything to do with anything beyond basketball, location may be more of an issue than religious affiliation.

Haha was thinking the same, went from Arizona to Houston now looking at all southern schools... sucks if true, raining threes should be weather-agnostic!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7091 on: April 17, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
If Google, and the multiple articles it brings up, is to be believed, Clifton (along with the rest of IU's class) is sticking with IU.

Clifton Moore confirmed he is staying with IU today.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7092 on: April 17, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
MU82 would like a word
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7093 on: April 17, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
FWIW, Sand Nit's comment was pretty harmless.  But I think it is fair to say that his agenda adds very little around here.  Not sure if that is ban worthy or not, but certainly not my decision to make.

All this crap should be removed from this recruiting thread though.  This is a meaningful thread that shouldn't be dragged down by petty BS.

Yet we make a comment on the value of another's posts??  I think MU82 and others have commented on perceived value of yours.  The hypocrisy of somes comments on here is hilarious.

I come on and make basketball comments.  No interest in attacking posters or making value judgements of other posts based on how closely they mirror mine.  Played, watched and coached enough to be more than comfortable in my own assessments.  Dont need any back slapping at all to believe in my own opinions.  Nor does anonimous, and in many cases uninformed, dissent make them waver. 
Continue to attack those that you dont agree with makes me no never mind
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:31:06 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7094 on: April 17, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
Yet we make a comment on the value of another's posts??  I think MU82 and others have commented on perceived value of yours

Let's keep this thread focused on recruiting, please. Block me if you'd like, zero skin off my back.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #7095 on: April 17, 2017, 02:36:40 PM »
Men's Basketball Signs Jacob Epperson
Bluejays sign prep standout for nation's top high school team
http://gocreighton.com/news/2017/4/16/-m-basketball-mens-basketball-signs-jacob-epperson.aspx

by Rob Anderson

4/17/2017 10:33:00 AM
Bookmark and Share
OMAHA, Neb. -- Jacob Epperson, a 6-foot-11 center who played on the nation's top high school team, has signed a letter-of-intent to play basketball at Creighton.

Epperson will be a freshman in the fall and have four years of eligibility remaining. He will be the second Australian in program history, joining Colin Lubsey (1992-93). Epperson joins fellow four-star signees Ty-Shon Alexander and Mitchell Ballock in a Bluejay recruiting class ranked 15th-best nationally in 247Sports Composite rankings.

"We are excited to sign a skilled big man like Jacob Epperson," said Creighton head coach Greg McDermott. "He was one of the key pieces on a La Lumiere team that finished the year #1 in the high school rankings, and we look forward to his continued success and development at Creighton."

A native of Melbourne, Australia, Epperson first drew notice in the United States with a strong performance last spring and summer with AUSA Hoops. That helped lead him to play his senior season at La Lumiere High School in La Porte, Indiana. The Lakers went 29-1 this winter, winning the DICK'S Sporting Goods High School Nationals at the end of the season with three wins against top-25 competition, and being ranked No. 1 in the USA Today's year-end rankings. Epperson had four points and three rebounds in the title game victory over Montverde (Fla.), and averaged eight points and eight rebounds on the season.

Epperson's father, Ken Epperson, is one of the greatest players in the history of the University of Toledo, remaining the Rockets' all-time leader in points (2,016), rebounds (960) and field goals (786). He was a two-time All-Mid-American Conference selection and also was named MAC Freshman of the Year in 1981-82.

Creighton went 25-10 in 2016-17. The Bluejays tied for third place in the BIG EAST Conference, played in the BIG EAST Tournament final at Madison Square Garden, and reached the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in the last six seasons.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #7096 on: April 17, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
Epperson committed there about a month ago.
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1763508-jacob-epperson-commits-to-creighton
But actually signed today. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #7097 on: April 17, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7098 on: April 17, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
Yep.
I have to say,  McBuckets Sr. is continuing to recruit very, very well.  I thought they would fall down several notches after Dougie finally left.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #7099 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
I have seen Epperson play, he is not Patton, skinny as a rail.  Looks like he has some knee issues.  I am happy they signed him over MU.  I would rather have Eke,
bigger upside.  Maybe the 6th or 7th best player on there team.   I must admit, he played on a college type team this year.  They would have won our state by 20
or 30 points.