[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 62194 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »
No need for that.   Let grievances air.  Let opinions be known.   Don't take this thread there.

I thought it was pretty funny. Hilltopper seems to appreciate a good joke.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »
So God is capitalized when you are referring to the Christian God. It’s his/her name.

Christmas is capitalized because it’s a proper name. It has nothing to do with respect.

You couldn’t be more of a brainless, slack jawed Fox News viewer if you tried.

very enlightening there tiny-have a good one
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2019, 08:06:15 PM »
  with all due respect eagle, i still think, regardless of belief in or not, the word or mention of God should be capitalized.  but that's just my prejudice and belief system.

But your confused by the term god. It's not a singular thing. God has stood for many things, long before your religion came about. There have been many god's. So if we are talking about the god you believe in, Yahweh, then yes God would be capitalized.

However not everyone is Christian or Jewish and therefore do not refer to all god's as God.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2019, 08:06:26 PM »
Are you for real?  I’m sure you’re a clean shaven,striking lad who wears a shirt, tie and a pair of slacks everyday. Maybe even a nice sweater when there’s a chill in the air.

I think you meant "trousers".

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
Actually, she doesn't need to make my supper...I'm way too picky of an eater anyway and she'd just get frustrated. But I do appreciate a lady that isn't all tatted up, wears make up whenever she leaves the house, for any reason, and one that likes an old fashioned man and believes in the traditional gender roles and acts as such. THAT part is the biggest problem now days.

Wow. I thought you were tiresome in the basketball threads. Who knew?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
But your confused by the term god. It's not a singular thing. God has stood for many things, long before your religion came about. There have been many god's. So if we are talking about the god you believe in, Yahweh, then yes God would be capitalized.

However not everyone is Christian or Jewish and therefore do not refer to all god's as God.

despite your especially strong animosity toward me cain, i have to give credit where it's due-very good explanation; i can go with that-ok, carry on 8-)
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2019, 08:16:27 PM »
Wow. I thought you were tiresome in the basketball threads. Who knew?

Wow. The next time I care about what someone from USA's little brother thinks, will be the last. I used to be married to a Canadian.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
You what I miss?  The days when no self-respecting man would allow his wife to work.

He worked his tail off to provide for his family, and if that didn't pay the bills, he manned up and took a second job.  Sure, his wife was usually busy with a crap ton of kids in the early years, but once they were school age, or better yet, out of the house, she got to sit around and play bridge with her friends or watch soap operas.

Unfortunately, it's a rare thing to find a real male these days.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:46 PM »
  with all due respect eagle, i still think, regardless of belief in or not, the word or mention of God should be capitalized.  but that's just my prejudice and belief system.

Which is fair, you're entitled to your beliefs just as he is. But that still has nothing to do with revealing his character. A child molesting priest could capitalize the G all the time and and an atheist who refuses to could spend their life helping those same victims. Would you respond to the atheist that it reveals something negative about their character and look the other way about the priest because of something as trivial as a capitalization?
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2019, 08:33:37 PM »
You what I miss?  The days when no self-respecting man would allow his wife to work.

He worked his tail off to provide for his family, and if that didn't pay the bills, he manned up and took a second job.  Sure, his wife was usually busy with a crap ton of kids in the early years, but once they were school age, or better yet, out of the house, she got to sit around and play bridge with her friends or watch soap operas.

Unfortunately, it's a rare thing to find a real male these days.

+1000...this is EXACTLY how I feel...I WANT to take care of my wife/significant other in EVERY way. If she wanted to work, that's fine, but in a perfect world, I'd prefer to take care of her financially, emotionally and any way that I can. To me, that's a man's job. I NEED to feel useful to her...fixing things around the house etc. Most women would say they want their man to do that, and may be they do...but for me(and me personally), if she actually knows how to do those things herself or COULD do them herself but just didn't really want to since I could instead, that takes a lot of the "knight in shining armor" feel of it away for me.

My ex wife for example had no idea how to start the lawn mower or the snow blower...that was totally fine with me. I didn't want her to know how to, those things are my job, to me that's all part of taking care of someone.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2019, 08:40:21 PM »
+1000...this is EXACTLY how I feel...I WANT to take care of my wife/significant other in EVERY way. If she wanted to work, that's fine, but in a perfect world, I'd prefer to take care of her financially, emotionally and any way that I can. To me, that's a man's job. I NEED to feel useful to her...fixing things around the house etc. Most women would say they want their man to do that, and may be they do...but for me(and me personally), if she actually knows how to do those things herself or COULD do them herself but just didn't really want to since I could instead, that takes a lot of the "knight in shining armor" feel of it away for me.

My ex wife for example had no idea how to start the lawn mower or the snow blower...that was totally fine with me. I didn't want her to know how to, those things are my job, to me that's all part of taking care of someone.

Maybe you should join the Amish.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »
Checkin' won's oil is a basic skill every woman should no, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »

Wow.  Why would she have divorced such a perfect husband?
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2019, 08:58:21 PM »
Shocked to learned he isn’t married anymore.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #364 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »

Maybe she forgot makeup before heading to the grocery store and he divorced her?
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »

Far from perfect...but, the basic jist of it is she was/is from Canada, and her homesickness just got the best of her. She really struggled with it.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »
Checkin' won's oil is a basic skill every woman should no, aina?
not hard. just need to push the dipstick in and out.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2019, 09:03:08 PM »
Maybe she forgot makeup before heading to the grocery store and he divorced her?

Or he found out she was wearing slacks on the DL.  The trust in their marriage was destroyed.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »
Far from perfect...but, the basic jist of it is she was/is from Canada, and her homesickness just got the best of her. She really struggled with it.

Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2019, 09:11:34 PM »

Does that include cooking, cleaning, laundry?

Or did/does your "care" also have boundaries by traditional gender role?

No mocking here. Genuinely interested

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »
not hard. just need to push the dipstick in and out.

Some men lament the intake being too close to the exhaust.
But that’s a beef with the Designer...er, designer.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2019, 09:15:02 PM »
Here's what I'm reading into your statements. Either by "these days" you're chatting up women who are your age and not realizing all the good ones are taken and you've failed to stay true to your generations evolution of single life. OR by "these days" you mean younger women that you're hitting on which is extremely creepy OR you're upset because said younger women aren't eye candy for you which is makes you the worst type of guy and extremely creepy.

If someone can find a route where he comes out looking normal in these statements please tell me.

I'm glad you brought this up Galway, because this is a major grievance of mine...Believe me, I am not singling you out at all, but it does demonstrate how far we still need to go as a society, and quite frankly how hypocritical we still are. The times we live in now, we are told we should love and accept all...men with men, women with women, Transgender etc. They are all people, and as long as it doesn't affect us, what difference does it make. Yet, your point about an older man with a younger woman as you call it "creepy". You are far from the only one that feels that way...I would ask why?? If two people are happy together, why should you, me or anyone judge?? If a man is 45 and he is with a 21 yr old girl, most in society these days would say just what you did "it's creepy". But aren't we told, love is love?? If they are happy together, shouldn't that be all that matters?? How is that any different then a man with a man, or a woman with a woman etc?? It shouldn't be. It's hypocritical for us a society to be so accepting of some things that were at least at one time not a society norm, but still very judgmental of other things that for whatever reason still doesn't seem to be accepted as a societal norm like the other things are.

Where we all get really hypocritical is if that woman was 31 and the man was 55(still the same 24 year age difference), then most people would seem to accept that. Seems very bizarre to me. Would we feel the same way if a woman was 55 with a 21 year old kid?? I'm not sure we would.

It seems to me that people think couples with large age gaps can't possibly love each other. That there has to be something else to it rather then two people just being in love. This is where we still have a long ways to go as a society IMO.

My dad has been married twice...the second time he married a girl that he was/is 27 years older than. He was 51 then. At the time, a lot of people were judgmental and thought just like you said "that's creepy". But now that he's 78...guess what?? All of a sudden no one cares, yet the same 27 year age gap exists. I think that's VERY bizarre, especially since they are happy together.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:36:52 PM by muguru »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »

Hmmm...sounds suspiciously like, “it’s not you; it’s me.”  She sounds very kind.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #373 on: August 28, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »
Grievence vs grievance.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:55 PM »
Does that include cooking, cleaning, laundry?

Or did/does your "care" also have boundaries by traditional gender role?

No mocking here. Genuinely interested

I mentioned it before, but I believe in(and prefer) traditional gender roles. That being said, I don't really need her to cook, because of how picky i am, she'd just get frustrated with that anyway. That being said, if I am going to cut the grass, blow the snow, fix the things that need to be fixed, take care of her, pamper her, support her financially etc,(which are all things i SHOULD be doing for her and frankly don't WANT her to do...that's why she has me) I would like to think if she's home all day she would clean the house, do the laundry etc. I want to make her life as easy as I possibly can for her...that is what I feel is my responsibility as a man.

feedback