[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: chris herren  (Read 833 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
chris herren
« on: November 28, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
i don't care what they pay this guy, it is well worth it.  too many of our kids falling down and they can't get up.  as he says-the pot issue-many kids who will have easier access to it, will fall into a life of addiction.  alcohol is bad enough, but do we have to throw another drug out there and say-go ahead, it's no worse than alcohol.... cool?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/27/fmr-nba-player-reaches-out-to-kids-about-addiction/
don't...don't don't don't don't

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Re: chris herren
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »
Great guy, amazing story. My dad knows him personally. Chris has spoken to the high school kids in my city many times. People don't realize how serious the opioid epidemic is in this country and how it impacts people from all demographics. If you haven't seen the 30 for 30 on ESPN about his life I highly suggest watching it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »
Great guy, amazing story. My dad knows him personally. Chris has spoken to the high school kids in my city many times. People don't realize how serious the opioid epidemic is in this country and how it impacts people from all demographics. If you haven't seen the 30 for 30 on ESPN about his life I highly suggest watching it.

absolutely!  saw the 30-30, read his book and saw the movie.  his recovery is an incredible story and is ongoing.  i hope to God he never relapses.  they never know if they have another recovery in them.  that's pretty cool that your dad knows him-haven't you met him?  i'd love to hear him speak in person

btw-being a celtic guy, did you know the killilea family?  john(coach) killilea's son(was tommy thibideau's roomie at salem state) married my cousin.  lots of stories and they have his nba championship rings
don't...don't don't don't don't

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:41 PM »
absolutely!  saw the 30-30, read his book and saw the movie.  his recovery is an incredible story and is ongoing.  i hope to God he never relapses.  they never know if they have another recovery in them.  that's pretty cool that your dad knows him-haven't you met him?  i'd love to hear him speak in person

btw-being a celtic guy, did you know the killilea family?  john(coach) killilea's son(was tommy thibideau's roomie at salem state) married my cousin.  lots of stories and they have his nba championship rings

No I never knew coach killilea, I'm a little to young. And unfortunately I've never had a chance to meet Chris. I went to a private High school, and whenever he came to speak to the public schools in my city I always had school. But my brother and my cousins have seen him speak several times. My dad has had the privilege to introduce him a couple of times.