[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue Demons SOTG  (Read 3245 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Blue Demons SOTG
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2024, 10:16:19 AM »
I actually thought that Tyler was intentionally passing up shots. I think he wanted the assist record while recording zero points.
Oh, 100%. He was clearly hunting the record.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2024, 10:30:26 AM »
I get it but it’s just insane to me a guy who scored 34 in 12/15 shooting isn’t winning SOTG lol
If it will make you sane, give the stud award to both.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2024, 10:33:53 AM »
Hards

The long pass down to Stevie for the fast break layup and ally oop to Chase Ross were unreal passes. He has had a great highlight film over the past ten games and I have not seen a better passer at MU. I agree with Dr. B that Sam Worthen was unreal, but not TK unreal, imo.

I will add, I have never seen a crowd, or watching on TV (me), that watching one guy passing the ball got so much attention. Most fans average fans are not watching the game that closely to understand a guy getting a ton of assists, TK has changed that and last night everyone was on TK record watch from early in the game.
Sam Worthen was thge bast passer I have seen at MU since about 1955...until Kolek came along. Comparing those two and throwing in Tony Miller...priceless.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2024, 10:53:37 AM »
Lenny,

You and I mostly agree.  But "historic"?

That was maybe the worst college BB team I have ever seen playing D. And Tyler passed up more easy shots than Dgies passes up the seconds line at Old Country Buffet.

Kam

Doc,

Kam, Oso and Tyler all put up their numbers against a weak opponent. As good as Kam’s and Oso’s were they didn’t come close to being record breaking. Tyler’s were.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2024, 11:39:06 AM »
Can we name DePaul the SOTG?  They are so bad everyone looked great last night for MU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2024, 04:40:52 PM »
Kam.  If he isn't on fire, no assist record.

I'm not sure that's true. 6 of Tylers assist went to Jones.  1 was an uncontested fast break layup. 2 were wide open corner threes (where Kam is shooting 51% on the season). Only 3 of the assists to Kam resulted in makes that required Kam to be on fire.  Given that Kolek played a near season low 26 minutes,  I think he coulda gotten those last three if stayed in a little longer
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2024, 09:53:48 PM »
I'm not sure that's true. 6 of Tylers assist went to Jones.  1 was an uncontested fast break layup. 2 were wide open corner threes (where Kam is shooting 51% on the season). Only 3 of the assists to Kam resulted in makes that required Kam to be on fire.  Given that Kolek played a near season low 26 minutes,  I think he coulda gotten those last three if stayed in a little longer

Plus the 7 wide open missed 3s by Jop, Gold and Chase.

This is wild that people are really debating this. And the term historic to boot.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2024, 11:26:53 AM »
TKO for the KO ! ! !  8-)

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2024, 12:24:44 PM »
Rewatching the game. Most of those dimes were amazing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2024, 04:22:42 PM »

Watching the Illinois game, one of their players drove and then kicked it out to the corner. The recipient had to scoop up the pass on the short hop and was then in no position to shoot what would have been a wide-open 3 had the pass been good.

Kolek delivers that pass right into the shooting pocket time after time after time. Doesn't matter how far away he is, or if he's being bumped by his man, or swarmed by multiple defenders. Just perfect freakin' passes. That's the kind of little thing that isn't so little because it helps a team win. It's really something to behold, and I'm gonna miss the heck out of watching it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2024, 11:16:12 PM »
Only does the easy dimes
Goal is National Championship

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2024, 01:00:14 AM »

TK hits every guy in their wheelhouse and does it virtually every time. One of the first things I remember being taught about basketball was to always pass the ball to the right guy and pass it where they can immediately do something positive with the ball. I have been obsessed with that for over 40 years.

Hitting an open guy is not that hard. Hitting an open guy and putting him in position to succeed is hard to do. I watched a lot of basketball today and there was no one that came close to TK’s precision. TK was very good on hitting the guy last year but this year is at a different level.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2024, 03:17:25 PM »

TK hits every guy in their wheelhouse and does it virtually every time. One of the first things I remember being taught about basketball was to always pass the ball to the right guy and pass it where they can immediately do something positive with the ball. I have been obsessed with that for over 40 years.

Hitting an open guy is not that hard. Hitting an open guy and putting him in position to succeed is hard to do. I watched a lot of basketball today and there was no one that came close to TK’s precision. TK was very good on hitting the guy last year but this year is at a different level.

It's been such a pleasure to watch.

This skill will serve TK very well at the next level and will make him beloved by his teammates.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback