[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lewis Out  (Read 10872 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Lewis Out
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 01:09:48 PM »
I was just thinking that the one thing we need more of this season is Jamal dribbling the basketball.

I don't see a way this goes wrong with a sure fire nba player like jamal
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 01:12:45 PM »
If it wasn't how might you go about it though?

I see what you did there.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »
I was just thinking that the one thing we need more of this season is Jamal dribbling the basketball.

LOL, yeah...

I mean its not out of the realm of possibility, but I find it extremely unlikely.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »

True, we could all use a laugh.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »
its as if Wojo recruited a roster he has no use for. Odd. “Season is a dog”and Oso gets no PT. Dex, well, he must be bad. Sy is overmatched. I mean, was it all a swing & miss?

Agree for the most part. To Your Speaking of this “season being a dog”  Other than beating UW and Creighton, hopefully Marquette can turn this season around against the bull “dogs”  🙂 We Are Marquette! Go Marquette!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:25:45 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 01:26:08 PM »

If we see more of that, it might be time to write a letter.

BigWilly77

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 01:38:46 PM »
Things aren’t looking the best for a post season run. Why not use the remainder of the season to develop young guys and work to get the seniors to the NBA? While we might not have a national championship in our sights this year, we can still make it productive for the program.

panda

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
Things aren’t looking the best for a post season run. Why not use the remainder of the season to develop young guys and work to get the seniors to the NBA? While we might not have a national championship in our sights this year, we can still make it productive for the program.

A lot to unpack here but "we might not have a national championship in our sights" is an interesting point...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 01:47:30 PM »

I think this account is probably Chico, BUT, I'll agree with this post in spirit.  If Lewis is out again today, there's no reason not to give Osa at least a few minutes to see if he can play. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »

Because for Jamal to get to the NBA, he isn't going to do it based on a handful of games this year.  It will be a couple years in the G League that gets him there - if that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
Just like Juan Toscano-Anderson, all you need is a chance. I think Jamal can capitalize on the extra minutes. More time on court = more time with the ball in his hand and improving his handle.
I don’t think “more time” is what JC needs. He’s had plenty of time to improve his dribbling and it is still an adventure every time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »
I think this account is probably Chico, BUT, I'll agree with this post in spirit.  If Lewis is out again today, there's no reason not to give Osa at least a few minutes to see if he can play.

I do agree. There's no reason he shouldn't get a small run if Lewis is out. Let the guy with fresh legs give us a few hustle minutes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Viper

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
Agree for the most part. To Your Speaking of this “season being a dog”  Other than beating UW and Creighton, hopefully Marquette can turn this season around against the bull “dogs”  🙂 We Are Marquette! Go Marquette!
i do think MU has a good win upcoming. Whether it’s a win next week at #3 ‘Nova or beating Creighton a 2nd time. Something good will happen...with Oso, Dex or Sy playing a big role.

franklinjerry

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 03:00:06 PM »
Cain to NBA. Oso, Dex or Sy breaking out to lead us to an upset of Creighton or Villanova.
Are any of you required to use past experience in your daily lives? There was no reason for Oso not to play against the SJ but today is the day?
Am I missing the tongue in cheek?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »
i do think MU has a good win upcoming. Whether it’s a win next week at #3 ‘Nova or beating Creighton a 2nd time. Something good will happen...with Oso, Dex or Sy playing a big role.
And I think I have a good shot at winning the Power Ball. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
Are any of you required to use past experience in your daily lives? There was no reason for Oso not to play against the SJ but today is the day?

My understanding of Oso is that his defense is significantly ahead of his offense (which is more because of his bad offense than good defense)

We were trailing virtually the entire game against SJU. I could see a situation today where we build a lead and Oso is given some minutes because his defense is passable and his offense is not needed.

We are also still technically in the race for the NCAAT. It's a very slim chance with 6-2 or 5-3 and a BET championship game appearance being required, but it's still a chance. If that chance slips to zero, I would hope that Wojo would use the lame duck games as an opportunity to get Sy, Dex, and Oso some game reps.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 03:47:07 PM »
I do agree. There's no reason he shouldn't get a small run if Lewis is out. Let the guy with fresh legs give us a few hustle minutes.

Just saw Lewis in a boot during pre-game. Looks like he's out.

Sidenote - I just found the pre-game show on Youtube. Does this air for every game?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 03:54:00 PM »
Just saw Lewis in a boot during pre-game. Looks like he's out.

Sidenote - I just found the pre-game show on Youtube. Does this air for every game?

Yes it does. I've only watched one though because apathy. But also, is that guy 18 or 65? I feel like he could be anywhere in between.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »
Haha. And he looks like a husky 6'9".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2021, 04:18:25 PM »
Any updates on Justin?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

burger

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2021, 06:49:30 PM »
Osa looks like he weighs 150 on TV......I can see why he is not playing.....He needs to go on some kind of 5000 calorie protein diet and work with the strength coach.....

You can not play in the Big East with his present body.....

Probably has the skills......But the body is major issue....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
Yes.  "Is there a Justin update"?  Woukd be a big loss if he can't go today.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2021, 09:30:08 AM »
Rothstein said game time decision on JFL.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2021, 01:08:16 PM »
Rothstein said game time decision on JFL.

That's better than him being definitely declared out. Here's hopin'!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 01:40:36 PM »
I think Alexander is now the frontrunner for rookie of the year.