'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo-post game-Volunteers  (Read 17731 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Wojo-post game-Volunteers
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
Here we go again with the Sultan defending the Buzzster. Don't give a hoot what that BS'er said about Derrick and Duane. Buzz was going to play Derrick anyway. He used the stress fracture to conveniently move Duane side. It is as simple as that. And anyway Sultan tries to spin it is pure BS as was Buzz.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
Here we go again with the Sultan defending the Buzzster. Don't give a hoot what that BS'er said about Derrick and Duane. Buzz was going to play Derrick anyway. He used the stress fracture to conveniently move Duane side. It is as simple as that. And anyway Sultan tries to spin it is pure BS as was Buzz.

Reading.  Is.  Fundamental.

I am not defending Buzz.  I am defending the reports from over a year ago that Derrick was ahead of Duane in practice.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
I haven't been on Scoop all weekend with too much family stuff going on but have watched all 3 games.  I thought to myself, there is absolutely no way there could still be a Derrick debate going on with the way he played over the weekend.  Yet here we are....

Even after over 150 people voted that Ners should be banned he still does not get the hint that everyone here is sick of this.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »
11 points, two rebounds, two assists, two steals, and zero turnovers is not an average stat line. Not a great one by any means. But a player who put that up every night is probably the second or third best player on his team. It's an above average stat line.

Yes, he looks like a different player this year. Better guards around him, gives him more driving lanes, less of a liability on offense. He's the best perimeter defender, don't think anyone can argue that. He's good for this team, and I ripped him last year. Anyone not seeing his value is stubborn. His oRating & shoooting percentages are up, and his TO% is down. And he plays tough defense without fouling, only 1.6 fouls per 40 minutes. If Wilson and Carlino can be consistent scorers, D Wilson should be on the floor...he doesn't need to score.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »

I am not defending Buzz.  I am defending the reports from over a year ago that Derrick was ahead of Duane in practice.

Sultan, I'm not sure its useful to respond to Willie.  Doesn't matter what you post, the same ol' "Slurper", "Buzz-defender", "elite-gamechanger" crap is going to come right back.

As someone mentioned in another thread, its best to just let him stay in the corner

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2014, 11:28:04 AM »

Sorry Sultan, I see and observe. You have always defended your boy. Here now, you can prove I am wrong simply by denouncing Buzz's decisions from last year concerning his stupid statements about Derrick and his playing him as much as he did.

Crickets.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
It was reported that Duane was behind Derrick in practice, which in retrospect isn't all that surprising since Duane was injured and a freshman.  I don't recall it being more than that.

Why not?  You don't think Duane has vastly improved since he first came to campus over a year ago?  I would think going up against Derrick has helped him tremendously. 

Furthermore Duane was hurt. 

If he's an "in the moment" guy I could see him not having the same fire in practice and perhaps not looking as good.  Just my speculation because clearly he's an incredible player and the coach said he shines when he's under the lights.  It's just speculation amigo.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
Another thread turns to a Derrick thread.

Really???

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »
Absolutely zero impact on either of those.

Kinda like your "analytical insights"

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »
Another thread turns to a Derrick thread.

Really???

Well...didn't really turn into a Derrick thread. The opening post was a Wojo quote about Derrick.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 02:14:38 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:17:39 PM by esotericmindguy »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
C'mon man.  Don't you know that Wojo was only a top recruit in the country, starting point guard at Duke, played professionally overseas, and was Coach K's right hand man for nearly 15 years at Duke?  He clearly has no knowledge of the game and has never experienced the game at a high level like high school varsity basketball.  He must've been in the band in high school.  Or maybe wrestling.  Ners would play him one on one to put him in his place, punks like him need to be put in their place.  He doesn't know a thing about basketball, just like Bert didn't either.  Ners should be the one getting paid millions of dollars to make these decisions.  We've been sitting Magic Johnson for 2 years now!

You have some serious issues Wades.  You make so many posts about me, and have so much venom toward me it's really pretty sad.  The fact you can get so upset over someone with a different opinion than you on a message board speaks volumes.  Hell, you've called me all kinds of things, demonstrated a lot of hate - and rarely do I throw it back at you.  You start a poll here to ask this board to vote for your brother to get Athlete of the Week in the MKE area - and I voted for him.  I have no hatred toward you or any other poster here.  

Then again when I read your ridiculous post about your buddy who talked sh$t to Dom James telling him to get ready to play in Italy (and you thinking it was funny) - it put things into a crystal clear nutshell of who you are as a person.  

You bring me into discussions and threads that have nothing to do with me - such as this one. Obsessed much?

I've said nothing but nice things about Derrick since yesterday's game, and didn't start nor bring this whole thead up.  It was started by one of Derrick's longtime backers to illustrate/support his take and point over why Derrick should be playing.  End of story.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
I haven't been on Scoop all weekend with too much family stuff going on but have watched all 3 games.  I thought to myself, there is absolutely no way there could still be a Derrick debate going on with the way he played over the weekend.  Yet here we are....

Even after over 150 people voted that Ners should be banned he still does not get the hint that everyone here is sick of this.

Then tell others to stop starting threads about the matter.  Jesus. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback