[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz on DList today at 11:00am  (Read 10928 times)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: Buzz on DList today at 11:00am
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
If you want real name dropping ... Bring up an old Chicos post.

So there I was in the Dish Network office hanging out with Jesus of Nazareth and Nicky Boy Coppernicus (Which is something i do every day)  when out of the blue...  In comes Churchy!!  That is nickname for Winston Churchill but only close friends like myself get to call him that.  So we end up golfing 18 at Augusta  and the 4 some ahead of us was no other than.  John the Baptist, Chucky Barkley, Abe Lincoln, and 2pac.  I tell you work is tough sometimes.

MarqKarp

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 08:20:48 PM »
”When it comes to the perception of junior college players, I really like to hear the criticism, because I then know who those people are and what their stance is, relative to people’s lives.

Talking about LW & Fr. P?

That's all I could think as I heard the interview.  Is he talking about his new bosses and/or BOT?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
Buzz mentioned that DJO will graduate next week.

Let me congratulate him and welcome him to the club that is MU graduates.  I look forward to seeing him at MU circles events!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:06:31 AM by AnotherMU84 »

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 09:27:31 PM »
”When it comes to the perception of junior college players, I really like to hear the criticism, because I then know who those people are and what their stance is, relative to people’s lives.

Talking about LW & Fr. P?

No.  Buzz was answering a question about JUCO players, the criticism of which comes from everywhere in the gutter trash sports talk radio environment.  Just look at the ACTUAL WORDS IN THE QUOTE THAT WERE UTTERED FROM HIS MOUTH.  Unless you think Buzz isn't someone who is a straight shooter, or someone who means what he says.  Did he even mention the admin. in the interview?? 

You (and others in this thread) can't have it both ways.  Buzz can't be a straight shooter, yet issue SUPER CRYPTIC, passive-aggressive swipes at the administration.  Again, the guy is simply responding to the criticism that most pro-Bucky yokels talk about when they call in to offer their derp-filled musings about MU basketball.  There's no way I believe that Buzz is talking about the administration in that quote.

Again, you'd be the first, but feel free to dig up some quotes, on-record, verifiable sources, etc... that show "LW and Fr. P" have criticized JUCO players, or don't want Buzz to recruit them.  PLEASE, PLEASE DO.  Until then, I'm going to treat posts like this as the grade-A horse*** that they are.

That's all I could think as I heard the interview.  Is he talking about his new bosses and/or BOT?

You need to think a little harder, then.  No, a LOT harder.  Keep trying. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »
+1
Jesus, step off the ledge already. 

By all means, we should totally interpret these non-specific statements, made on sports talk radio, about JUCOs as a direct attack on Pilarz and Williams, and their DASTARDLY plan to destroy MU basketball and turn it into SLU...AGAIN.  TO THE DOOM BUNKER!

I'm sure the quotes are totally not directed to the entire pro-Bucky talk radio & audience DERP-o-sphere, which constantly is running down MU's recruitment of these players.  No, that couldn't POSSIBLY be the case. 

BOLDED TEAL.   Wadesworld.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »
It sounded to me like he was definitely getting jabs in. No doubt he has an edge to him and hopefully the jabs are meant for UW fans and not his employers. For the record I am Tark fan and JUCO fan.

Do you think that what Tark did at UNLV, Long Beach State and Fresno State was good for college basketball and playing at a level within NCAA rules?  Tark seems like a honorable guy but he let some unsavory people to close to some of his kids who went in the wrong direction.  I have no problem with JUCOs but that doesn't mean I want to be what UNLV became under their JUCOs under Tark.  That school has taken a tremendous beating in reputation as a result.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
The comments that Buzz was taking a swipe, or sending a message, with his Jucos comments are way way off base. 

Those that wrote that are just plain wrong.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »
You (and others in this thread) can't have it both ways.  Buzz can't be a straight shooter, yet issue SUPER CRYPTIC, passive-aggressive swipes at the administration.

Nothing to add. This just needed to be said again.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »
Do you think that what Tark did at UNLV, Long Beach State and Fresno State was good for college basketball and playing at a level within NCAA rules?  Tark seems like a honorable guy but he let some unsavory people to close to some of his kids who went in the wrong direction.  I have no problem with JUCOs but that doesn't mean I want to be what UNLV became under their JUCOs under Tark.  That school has taken a tremendous beating in reputation as a result.
IMO, much of the problem with the reputation of UNLV comes from the location of the school.  As for Tark allowing unsavory people get near his kids, I don't think a coach can monitor a player 24/7.  And, if you're going to call Tark out, you better be prepared to also call out St. John of Westwood.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »

Hey Chico's,

If you listen to the interview, Buzz does say that Tark had some issues with the NCAA and was quick to point out that he hasn't had any.

I don't know if Tark's overall career was great for college hoops, but if you are able to compartmentalize him, you can see the good he accomplished... especially with guys that the whitebread coaches wouldn't touch.

I think that is probably why Buzz has some admiration for him.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
IMO, much of the problem with the reputation of UNLV comes from the location of the school.  As for Tark allowing unsavory people get near his kids, I don't think a coach can monitor a player 24/7.  And, if you're going to call Tark out, you better be prepared to also call out St. John of Westwood.

Sam Gilbert was not fixing games, dealing drugs, paying professors to pass players.  Let us not forget MU had their own Sam Gilbert.

Tark did some things that were beneficial to some kids needing a 3rd, 4th chance.  He also went way over the line at times and completely thumbed his nose at the NCAA who oversees the rules and regs of his sport.  He was caught over and over and over again.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
Hey Chico's,

If you listen to the interview, Buzz does say that Tark had some issues with the NCAA and was quick to point out that he hasn't had any.

I don't know if Tark's overall career was great for college hoops, but if you are able to compartmentalize him, you can see the good he accomplished... especially with guys that the whitebread coaches wouldn't touch.

I think that is probably why Buzz has some admiration for him.

Perfectly stated.

Al admired Tark, too, and despised bigots like Adolph Rupp, who was considerd untouchable by the NCAA. Al is famous for saying "When the NCAA discovered an envelope with $10,000 in it sent from UK to a recruit they were so irate they put Long Beach St (one of Tark's old schools) on 3 year probation".

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 12:58:30 AM »
Perfectly stated.

Al admired Tark, too, and despised bigots like Adolph Rupp, who was considerd untouchable by the NCAA. Al is famous for saying "When the NCAA discovered an envelope with $10,000 in it sent from UK to a recruit they were so irate they put Long Beach St (one of Tark's old schools) on 3 year probation".

It does not surprise me that Al would take a liking to Tark, he is a likable person.  There are many such coaches that fit that bill, but still don't do things above board.  According to Father Kelly, Al took a liking to Tom Crean also.  You probably just shivered in your boots.  What does it all mean?  Nothing in particular.  Tark broke the rules consistently, often under the guise of helping kids that needed a second (or more) chance.  Not surprisingly the kids he helped that needed those extra chances were really good basketball players that helped him win basketball games.

feedback