'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mystery Spring Recruit???  (Read 14484 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Mystery Spring Recruit???
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »
Dino is out at Head Coach at Wake Forest. That means big man/Wake signee/MU recruit Carson Desrosiers may re-open his recruiting. Hmm...perhaps Carson knew something about this but didn't want to de-commit from Wake and commit to MU until after the news about Dino was official. Sounds like a "mystery recruit" to me!

Note: This is 100% speculation and blatant rumor-starting.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Dino is out at Head Coach at Wake Forest. That means big man/Wake signee/MU recruit Carson Desrosiers may re-open his recruiting. Hmm...perhaps Carson knew something about this but didn't want to de-commit from Wake and commit to MU until after the news about Dino was official. Sounds like a "mystery recruit" to me!

As I mentioned in the other thread, he signed his LOI.  He needs to ask out, get it granted, or transfer.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 02:42:05 PM »
When is the Spring signing period?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »

As I mentioned in the other thread, he signed his LOI.  He needs to ask out, get it granted, or transfer.

Lighten up and just have some fun with this. Check it out...

I know about the LOI. That's why it's so hush, hush. He's already gotten out of it and plans to sign with MU next week. My co-worker's brother's friend just saw a tall, white guy on campus! It's gotta be a done deal!

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:17 PM »
When is the Spring signing period?

April 14th - May 19th

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »

Gaudio was fired BECAUSE Desrosiers asked out of his LOI!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »

Just like Tyshawn Taylor had to.  Of course, you had to like Taylor's chances of getting a release with Bob Hurley, Sr. staring down a brand new coach with only one prior year's experience coaching at the Division I level.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT

ESPN recruiting updated its recruiting database today and it now shows that BOTH Cothron and Gorgui Sy Dieng as considering Marquette.

I do not recall seeing those players previously so listed.  I believe that when ESPN indicates that a player is considering a school they will not list more than five schools.  So, I guess Buzz really is working the frequent flier miles, and getting his 90 days in.

Also interesting, Davante Gardner is not listed with any schools.  Often this is a sign that a player is headed to prep school or JUCO.  Of course, ESPN (Scout) still only rates Gardener as a 70, so they may just not be keeping on top of him..

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »
Signing any of these bigs, Cothron in particular, will herald a new era in Marquette basketball excellence. Not since Al prowled the sidelines have we had a steady stream of nationally prominent big men. Let's start the ball rolling with a profoundly talented big signing with MU this Spring. I can think of no finer way to put 9 years of frustration to rest.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »
We would have a parade down Wells St.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
Signing any of these bigs, Cothron in particular, will herald a new era in Marquette basketball excellence. Not since Al prowled the sidelines have we had a steady stream of nationally prominent big men. Let's start the ball rolling with a profoundly talented big signing with MU this Spring. I can think of no finer way to put 9 years of frustration to rest.

Is that pederast "Abe" back on this board?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »

I don't know, winning the national championship with no starter over 6'1" might be a better way to put 9 years of frustration to rest.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2010/04/tide_closing_in_on_coveted_hoo.html

This confirms his interest in MU, but they are spinning it like he's close to going to 'Bama.