[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44955 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2021, 09:41:41 AM »
It is false, especially in the high school/college age group where there are more reports of blood clots/myocarditis as a result of these vaccines.  If they knew more about the reason or those most at-risk in that age range they could probably eliminate that risk but as of now they don’t.  Anyone who has already been infected in that age range has such a low chance of a negative outcome in the future if they happen to catch it again that it’s not worth the small risk of side effects/heart issues for a lot of them.

and what's your take on that demographic that has NOT had covid yet?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
and what's your take on that demographic that has NOT had covid yet?

If they’re older/at higher risk due to their current health they should definitely get it.  That said, since it’s available to everyone who wants it they should not be forced to.  I wouldn’t be opposed to them having lower priority at hospitals if they end up getting really sick with COVID (I’d prefer that strategy than hiking up their insurance costs).

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »
It is false, especially in the high school/college age group where there are more reports of blood clots/myocarditis as a result of these vaccines. 

We've been through this, but you seem to be forgetting an important data point:
"We estimated between 1 and 10 extra events of myocarditis in 1 million people vaccinated with a first or second dose, but 40 extra cases in 1 million people infected with COVID-19," Oxford professor and study lead Julia Hippisley-Cox said.
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/heart-condition-risk-higher-after-covid-19-illness-than-vaccines-uk-study-2021-12-14/

So, you'd rather natual infection, but it has a higher rate of heart conditions.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
If they’re older/at higher risk due to their current health they should definitely get it.  That said, since it’s available to everyone who wants it they should not be forced to.  I wouldn’t be opposed to them having lower priority at hospitals if they end up getting really sick with COVID (I’d prefer that strategy than hiking up their insurance costs).

Would you have said that people who didn't want to get the smallpox vaccine shouldn't have been forced to get it?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2021, 11:00:47 AM »
We've been through this, but you seem to be forgetting an important data point:https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/heart-condition-risk-higher-after-covid-19-illness-than-vaccines-uk-study-2021-12-14/

So, you'd rather natual infection, but it has a higher rate of heart conditions.
Exactly. Must be terrible at math and probabilities.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
We've been through this, but you seem to be forgetting an important data point:https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/heart-condition-risk-higher-after-covid-19-illness-than-vaccines-uk-study-2021-12-14/

Disingenuous or lacking in knowledge?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2021, 11:42:28 AM »
Ah. Classic corporate America. Going for the stick, not carrot. Basically, whatever saves them a buck

Nah, they've had their time.  I'm 100% on board with Kroger on this one.

edit: didn't see your correction. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 11:45:00 AM by Hards_Alumni »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
Nah, they've had their time.  I'm 100% on board with Kroger on this one.

edit: didn't see your correction. :)

You're such a cracker

MU82

• All American
« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2021, 01:03:36 PM »
Former Panthers All-Pro Thomas Davis on why he, his wife and their 4 kids are vaccinated:

We’re all vaccinated. Sitting in our house back when COVID was going on and not being able to go out, not being able to do the things we all had become accustomed to doing on a daily basis, once the vaccination came available to me, it was a no-brainer. I got mine early and really looking forward to going and getting my booster shot. Because I understand that when you get vaccinated, it’s not only about protecting you. I have a mom that’s very high-risk and I would be devastated if I went out and I would say selfishly not gotten vaccinated and did something that would jeopardize her life or her well-being, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2021, 02:03:40 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2021, 02:10:35 PM »
Former Panthers All-Pro Thomas Davis on why he, his wife and their 4 kids are vaccinated:

We’re all vaccinated. Sitting in our house back when COVID was going on and not being able to go out, not being able to do the things we all had become accustomed to doing on a daily basis, once the vaccination came available to me, it was a no-brainer. I got mine early and really looking forward to going and getting my booster shot. Because I understand that when you get vaccinated, it’s not only about protecting you. I have a mom that’s very high-risk and I would be devastated if I went out and I would say selfishly not gotten vaccinated and did something that would jeopardize her life or her well-being, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

Has anyone told him he can still contract covid and transmit covid while fully vaccinated? Maybe Mom needs to be the one taking extra precautions, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2021, 02:41:20 PM »

Has anyone told him he can still contract covid and transmit covid while fully vaccinated? Maybe Mom needs to be the one taking extra precautions, aina?

Your logic: A stray bullet might just hit you in your home even if you're not playing Russian roulette. Given that the chance of the adverse event in question (being shot) > 0, there's no reason whatsoever to minimize that risk. Therefore there's no reason *not* to play Russian Roulette.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2021, 02:48:59 PM »
It is false, especially in the high school/college age group where there are more reports of blood clots/myocarditis as a result of these vaccines.  If they knew more about the reason or those most at-risk in that age range they could probably eliminate that risk but as of now they don’t.  Anyone who has already been infected in that age range has such a low chance of a negative outcome in the future if they happen to catch it again that it’s not worth the small risk of side effects/heart issues for a lot of them.

This is false.  Pants on fire false.  You know what gives you a higher chance of myocarditis and blood clots?  Getting Covid.

Stop being ignorant and stop spreading misinformation.  YOU are part of the main reason we are still in this mess.  Get vaccinated.  It's safe.  It's effective.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »
The riskier part is once vaccinated, the symptoms can be so mild that, unless tested, you may not even be aware that you are covid +, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2021, 03:10:58 PM »
The riskier part is once vaccinated, the symptoms can be so mild that, unless tested, you may not even be aware that you are covid +, hey?

That’s why I wouldn’t get vaxxed.  I want the full covid experience.  Hoping for a ventilator.  Fingers crossed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2021, 05:31:42 PM »

Holy crap, this is a take of a quasi-medical professional.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2021, 07:25:19 PM »
Exactly. Must be terrible at math and probabilities.

He did say he was doing calculus, not mathematics that would actually apply to the situation.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #417 on: December 15, 2021, 07:29:28 PM »
Imaginary numbers?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #418 on: December 15, 2021, 08:59:05 PM »

Saying vaxxed and unvaxxed have the same risk of transmitting, is like saying you and I are both equally able to work on teeth.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #419 on: December 15, 2021, 09:58:58 PM »
Would you have said that people who didn't want to get the smallpox vaccine shouldn't have been forced to get it?

Was the smallpox vaccine developed so quickly without basically any testing?  Also it’d be different if it was more like the Spanish Flu where younger people consistently had worse outcomes actually due to their swift immune system.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2021, 05:14:49 AM »
The technology behind the vaccines dates to Bush's first term.   Then it is a matter of adapting to the specific virus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2021, 06:31:20 AM »
Was the smallpox vaccine developed so quickly without basically any testing?  Also it’d be different if it was more like the Spanish Flu where younger people consistently had worse outcomes actually due to their swift immune system.

Tell me you are lost in the sauce without telling me you're lost in the sauce.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2021, 07:50:08 AM »
"Untested, rushed vaccine."

These people are willing to ingest hydroxy because a reality TV star tells them to, and a horse de-wormer because conspiracy theorists push it. But a proven, life-saving, CDC-approved, FDA-approved vaccine that actually could help us get out from under the grip of this virus? No way!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »
Yeah the idea this is some sort of unproven vaccine maybe made some sense a year ago.  But it's not only safe, but incredibly effective.  At this point, people are either dumb or willfully ignorant.  Or both.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2021, 12:10:52 PM »

How do you feel about untested covid treatments?

feedback