[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010  (Read 12367 times)

TomW1365

• Team Captain
Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »
In 2003, all the draft prognosticators showed Wade moving up the board from 12 up to as high as 6 in the days leading up to the draft.  As a Bulls fan, recent MU alum, and Chicago south suburb resident, the stars were aligning for Dwyane Wade to be a Chicago Bull with the 7th pick.  There were ten of us in my friend's bar anxiously awaiting and hoping that Wade would drop to the Bulls.  It wasn't to be as Pat Riley of the Miami Heat picked up Dwyane Wade with the 5th pick.  I think it was Pat Riley's way of getting back at Chicago for all those playoff losses.  To add insult to injury, the Bulls picked Kirk Hinrich of Kansas!

At any rate, the Bulls are positioning themselves to make a strong run at Dwyane next year.  There are some reports this morning of a three team trade involving the Bulls, Jazz, and Trailblazers.  The 3 team trade would net the Bulls the low post scoring threat in Carlos Boozer and cap room while sending Hinrich to Portland and Tyrus Thomas to Denver.  
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515 

This move would be essential to clearing the cap space needed to make an offer that would give Wade that extra motivation to leave one of the towns with the worst sports fans in the country.  He said on a radio interview with ESPN 1000's Waddle and Silvey that Miami is his first choice and at this point he sees himself playing there for the rest of his career.  But he did concede with much prodding from Silvey that there is a extremely short list (1 or 2 teams) that he could see himself considering... but he quickly made sure that Chicago's listeners heard him say that he loves his hometown, but he's not going to go down that road when he's currently on the Miami Heat.  

Dwyane is saying all the right things... but come on, if the Bulls tender an offer that is $1 more than the Heat's, he'll have the alibi he needs to take that offer and play in Chicago!  Then he can tell his Heat fans that he's doing what's best for his family and that he's always wanted to be a Bull.  

Are you ready for Rose and Wade in the same backcourt?!?  

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:07:39 AM by TomW1365 »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:37 AM »

Dwyane is saying all the right things... but come on, if the Bulls tender an offer that is $1 more than the Heat's, he'll have the alibi he needs to take that offer and play in Chicago!  Then he can tell his Heat fans that he's doing what's best for his family and that he's always wanted to be a Bull.  

I'm not an NBA expert, but I think Miami can technically offer him more money than anybody else under the "Larry Bird Rule".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »
I'm not an NBA expert, but I think Miami can technically offer him more money than anybody else under the "Larry Bird Rule".

You are correct.

This reminds me of the late Jerry Krause era when he cleared a bunch of cap room in hopes of signing the likes of Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Grant Hill.  They couldn't even get Tim Thomas and Eddie Jones to accept contracts then.  My impression is that Wade is having a grand time in Miami and the Bulls aren't quite the lure that their fans think they are.  I may be wrong, and Wade might be in a Bulls jersey in 2010...but I doubt it.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:17:55 AM »

I'm not sure about that... I think you may be referring to the rules of restricted free agents or unrestricted free agents with a team option.  Dwyane Wade is an unrestricted free agent with a player option.
This is from NBA.com
*Unrestricted free agent identifies a player that can sign with any team.
*Restricted free agent identifies a player that can sign an offer sheet that can be matched by his current team.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »

My impression is that Wade is having a grand time in Miami and the Bulls aren't quite the lure that their fans think they are.

I think of Miami being alot like Vegas... it's fun as hell, and a great place to vacation, but you can only handle 3-4 days!  I think Tim Hardaway would be a great person to interview to get his opinion of being a Chicago native that is playing in Miami.  I wonder if he would have come to the his hometown Chicago Bulls if given the chance?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »
My primitive understanding is retaining your own FA cost you less (Lux tax wise) than signing another team's FA.  That is why Miami will be able to offer more.  That is also why you see so many sign & trades.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:33:36 AM »
No state income tax in Florida.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
I'm not sure about that... I think you may be referring to the rules of restricted free agents or unrestricted free agents with a team option.  Dwyane Wade is an unrestricted free agent with a player option.
This is from NBA.com
*Unrestricted free agent identifies a player that can sign with any team.
*Restricted free agent identifies a player that can sign an offer sheet that can be matched by his current team.

Wade will be a qualified, unrestricted free agent, which means he can sign anywhere.  However, only the Heat can sign him to a maximum contract that exceeds the salary cap.  Since he will be in the league 7-9 years, his max contract will be 30% of the salary cap.  This year, that is about $11 million per year.

Now Boozer will also be an qualified, unrestricted free agent next year, which means that they would have to resign him too.

My understanding is that the Bulls would have plenty of cap space to sign both, but might bump up against the luxury tax.  For every dollar they exceed the luxury tax, they have to pay a dollar to the league.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 08:38:37 AM »
If the Bulls go to sign Carlos Boozer to an extension, they will not have the cap space to make a run at any 2010 players. This trade is widely speculated as the Bulls forfeiting their chances at a big 2010 free agent signing, as they have fallen flat on their faces before in similar situations, see Benny the Bull waiting to greet Tracy McGrady at O'Hare.

Even if the Bulls get Wade, it won't be enough, Joakim Noah isn't getting it done in the paint.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 08:43:42 AM »

You are correct.

This reminds me of the late Jerry Krause era when he cleared a bunch of cap room in hopes of signing the likes of Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Grant Hill.  They couldn't even get Tim Thomas and Eddie Jones to accept contracts then.  My impression is that Wade is having a grand time in Miami and the Bulls aren't quite the lure that their fans think they are.  I may be wrong, and Wade might be in a Bulls jersey in 2010...but I doubt it.

I agree with you 100%.

I like Chicago (great town, big media market, sponsors, etc), and I know Wade is a hometown boy.

However, I'm not sure it's as big of a magnet as some people like to think. Living in the nicest parts of Miami, enjoying the warm weather while driving to your 41 home games is certainly very nice.

Now, I'm not saying weather is the only factor and that's why he won't come back... but given that FL is warm, has no taxes, and is a very easy place to live for the duration of the season, I can see him staying there.

If he loves Chicago so much (which I believe), he can go live there in the off season.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
Huge Marquette fan...big Bulls fan. I think signing Wade to a huge contract would cripple the Bulls. I believe his career is at its peak and they need to save money in the event Rose turns into a Top 5 type player. Wade has already shown a tendency to break down. 

Rose has the potential to be better than Wade, if you ask me.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »
I think signing Wade to a huge contract would cripple the Bulls. I believe his career is at its peak and they need to save money in the event Rose turns into a Top 5 type player. Wade has already shown a tendency to break down. 

I think you're right to a degree.  Wade has been injured alot over the past few years.  Although Rose will be a restricted free agent in 2 years allowing us to match any offer. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:04:26 AM »
Huge Marquette fan...big Bulls fan. I think signing Wade to a huge contract would cripple the Bulls. I believe his career is at its peak and they need to save money in the event Rose turns into a Top 5 type player. Wade has already shown a tendency to break down. 

Isn't that like saying Ricky Rubio has the potential to be better then Eric Gordon? You're taking two different sets of players at two separate positions and comparing them. Falls short, imo, but you're the Bulls fan.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 09:17:34 AM »
Superbar.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
Agree to an extent.  Rose has the potential to be great at his position.  I think the Bulls' main objective is to surround Rose with complementary players (i.e. guys that can hit the outside shot, run the floor, shoot off the fade on a pick & roll, etc.).  The problem with the Bulls the last couple of years had been too many guys wanting to be "The Man" and nobody really accepting their roles as players.  It's quite a pain to watch if you ask me.  

In regards to getting another star here....I'd agree.  Deng isn't there and is beginning to be more of a salary cap leech than anything else.  Low post scoring is key, whether it be a Boozer type player or even a shooting guard or small forward that can give you that on a consistent basis (something the Bulls haven't had since Jordan).  

Wade's a great player who does have some injury issues, but I don't know if he'd be the right fit for Chicago.  Despite that, if we sign Wade and Deng becomes the player everyone thought he'd be, then the Bulls have a great shot and contending for a title.  All you need are 3 great players.  

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
No state income tax in Florida.

Exactly.  No one really talks about that but its huge, New York has a 11% state income tax, when you think of 20 million thats a huge amount of money. 

As for living or visiting Miami, its not the same when you're extremely wealthy.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:34 AM »
I think Wade to Bulls is highly unlikely and even if it did happen, I dont' think it would be a good fit unless Wade can transition to a true 2 guard. D Rose is going to be our primary ball handler and facilitator for a number of years. Also, I think signing Wade to a long term contract is a huge risk due to his injury history. I think the physical toll will start to catch up with him.  

Another factor to consider is pressure. Coming to Chicago will place huge pressure squarely on the shoulders of Wade. Does he want to accept that challenge, or can he continue to be "The Man" down in South Beach where I would say the local sports fan base and media is not as rabid as Chicago.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:36:13 AM by MilTown »

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
The NBA salary cap for a player in his 7th-9th year is 30% of the NBA salary cap.
That cap for 2009-10 just dropped to 57.7 million and may drop further for the 2010-11 season.

The players original team can offer season increases of 10.5% with a maximum of 6 seasons.  Another team is limited to 8% yearly increases and a 5 year contract.

If assuming the 2010-11 cap drops to $55 million;  the players original team can offer a 6 year contract for $126 million.  Another team can offer 5 years and $92 million.

Assuming Miami offers Wade the max, leaving $34 million guaranteed on the table would take some guts.   Or possibly a sign and trade.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:50:21 AM by oldwarrior81 »

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »
Rose has the potential to be better than the NBA's leading scorer? Wow!

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
OK, from my vast knowledge of the NBA this is what I believe to be the case.   The Salary Cap right now is about 57MIl and the Luxury Tax kicks in at 70mil.  Their is a set amount that Player's can make by years in Wade's Case his contract can start at around 11 MIL, and that would be the most any team could pay him in the first year.  The advantages that Miami has over every other team is they can pay him that amount with out regard to the salary cap at all.  The other 2 I belive that are still in place are.  Your current team can give you a 12% raise a year where as if you sign with another team they can only give you a 10% raise a year.  3rd is Miami can him for 1 more year than the bulls.  The bulls have to be 11 MIL under the cap to sign Wade.  The only way they could do that is renounce Boozer, But you would only renounce boozer if Wade accepted .and if he says no you would keep boozer. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »
Rose has the potential to be better than the NBA's leading scorer? Wow!

Lebron James has the potential to be better than the NBA's leading scorer. Kobe, too. And Garnett, Duncan, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc.

Allen Iverson won several scoring titles, as did McGrady.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »
I like Rose well enough but I seriously doubt he will ever have a season better then the one Dwyane had last year.

30 points 7.5 assists 5 rebounds 2 steals and over a block a game while shooting 49% from the floor.

Wade will be in the Hall of Fame when his career is over. Rose might as well but at this point my money is on Wade having a better career.

ps. Carmello has 2 chances of being better then Wade........the first one is slimm.........

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:38:43 AM by MuMark »

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
If the Bulls go to sign Carlos Boozer to an extension, they will not have the cap space to make a run at any 2010 players. This trade is widely speculated as the Bulls forfeiting their chances at a big 2010 free agent signing, as they have fallen flat on their faces before in similar situations, see Benny the Bull waiting to greet Tracy McGrady at O'Hare.

Even if the Bulls get Wade, it won't be enough, Joakim Noah isn't getting it done in the paint.

I don't think the Bulls are interested in signing Boozer long term.  I think they're picking him up for the remaining year on the deal to continue the momentum created last season-- and also shed Hinrich's deal, which has a few years left on it. 

Tyrus Thomas is in the team's dog house and he has been replaced by the Bulls draft picks. 

Boozer would be a one-year rental-- there's no way the Bulls hamper their ability to pursue next year's FA crop by wedding themselves to Boozer.  His money comes off the books after next season.  As does Brad Miller's.  The Bulls will be in a good position to go hunting.

Unlike Krause's pursuit of Duncan and Grant Hill and McGrady, the Bulls are actually good and have something to join with Rose and the team's additional talent.  This isn't AJ Guyton and Pete Meyers. 

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »
I don't think the Bulls are interested in signing Boozer long term.  I think they're picking him up for the remaining year on the deal to continue the momentum created last season-- and also shed Hinrich's deal, which has a few years left on it. 

Tyrus Thomas is in the team's dog house and he has been replaced by the Bulls draft picks. 

Boozer would be a one-year rental-- there's no way the Bulls hamper their ability to pursue next year's FA crop by wedding themselves to Boozer.  His money comes off the books after next season.  As does Brad Miller's.  The Bulls will be in a good position to go hunting.

Unlike Krause's pursuit of Duncan and Grant Hill and McGrady, the Bulls are actually good and have something to join with Rose and the team's additional talent.  This isn't AJ Guyton and Pete Meyers. 

You're absolutely correct.

Stringer Bellenson

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
I fully understand the why Wade wouldn’t leave Miami, mainly the weather and women.  Up until recently I figured it was wishful thinking to believe Wade would leave.  However, over the past few weeks, there’s been a lot of talk about how Riley won’t make any moves until Wade re-signs, and Wade seems to feel that Riley should do something to prove that the Heat are trying to win now before he signs.  Now Wade is stepping up and showing that he’s not going to get jerked around by Riley.  There’s been talk about Miami getting Bosh and re-signing Wade next year, which would seem to be more than enough to get Wade to stay, but with the recent salary cap change, I don’t know if that’s fiscally possible.  (Maybe it is, I know Jermaine O’neal comes off the books but I’m not a salary cap expert.)  Either way, with the exception of Wade, the Heat are a joke.  Wade is a one man show over there.

That being said, Wade’s main reason to leave isn’t going to be about money, it’s going to be about winning.  Lebron and Kobe are going to be playing in the final 4 of the NBA for years to come.  Carmelo Anthony hasn’t reached his full potential, he’s the same age as Lebron, and as long as Denver has Chauncy Billups, the Nuggets will be playing late in the playoffs too.  Same with the Magic and Howard.  I don’t think Wade is going to take kindly to watching his cronies getting it done in the playoffs, while he’s watching on tv after a first round loss, in which he did all the work.  Even if he’s watching from a sweet club, with a bunch fine women by a beach, I’d think he’d rather be playing.  Unless the Heat get another major FA, Wade will continue to carry a hapless team to the first round and get knocked out for years to come, while all his pals are playing deep into the playoffs, and this is what potentially will be his undoing in Miami.

While the Bulls aren’t anything special as they stand, if they added Wade they could compete for the East.  Miami has some obvious advantages to Chicago, but in terms of free agent destinations, the Chi is legit.  Benny the Bull and Jerry Krause aren’t going to be waiting for Wade at the airport, so people can stop bringing that up.  It’s his home town, there’s plenty of endorsement opportunities, and considering the economy is in the tank, the Bulls are doing just as well financially as any team in terms of attendance.  It’s a world-class city, its biggest fault is the weather.  (I’m not getting in to a tax discussion, plus he’s rich as is.)

In terms of options for winning, the Bulls present one of the best opportunities, mainly bc of Rose.  Rose will be the best pg in the league in 3 or 4 years.  People forget he was 19 in the playoffs, playing the hardest position to learn as a young player.   He is bigger, stronger, and faster than Williams or Paul.  Rose has performed at a much higher level, at an earlier age than Williams or Paul considering they played 3 and 2 years of college.  I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’ll be one of the best players in the league in a few years.  I guess my point is, if winning is his main goal, there aren’t many other teams that seem more appealing than the Bulls.  He’ll be in the same lousy position if he goes to the Knicks as he is in Miami.  So if the Heat don’t get something done around him, the Bulls are going the major player in the Wade sweepstakes.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »
I think Wade to Bulls is highly unlikely and even if it did happen, I dont' think it would be a good fit unless Wade can transition to a true 2 guard. D Rose is going to be our primary ball handler and facilitator for a number of years.

This statement hits the nail on the head...I LOVE Wade, I was along for the ride while he was donning the MU colors, but I'm also a Chicago boy and an avid Bulls fan and I honestly don't think that Wade and Rose would be as effective together as others seem to think.

Both players, Dwyane and Derrick, are at their best when the ball is in THEIR HANDS.  Wade creates his own scoring opportunities far better than he moves without the ball.  And Rose is a true drive and kick point guard.  Rose needs a player who can stand on the perimeter and knock down treys...that's not Dwyane.

As much as I would LOVE to see D-Wade in a Bulls jersey, i think it's far-fetched and has the potential to be a bit of a bust...for his sake, I hope the Heat put all the right tools around him (maybe Bosh or Stoudamire - whichever the bulls don't get) so he can continue his success in Miami...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
I fully understand the why Wade wouldn’t leave Miami, mainly the weather and women.  Up until recently I figured it was wishful thinking to believe Wade would leave.  However, over the past few weeks, there’s been a lot of talk about how Riley won’t make any moves until Wade re-signs, and Wade seems to feel that Riley should do something to prove that the Heat are trying to win now before he signs.  Now Wade is stepping up and showing that he’s not going to get jerked around by Riley.  There’s been talk about Miami getting Bosh and re-signing Wade next year, which would seem to be more than enough to get Wade to stay, but with the recent salary cap change, I don’t know if that’s fiscally possible.  (Maybe it is, I know Jermaine O’neal comes off the books but I’m not a salary cap expert.)  Either way, with the exception of Wade, the Heat are a joke.  Wade is a one man show over there.

That being said, Wade’s main reason to leave isn’t going to be about money, it’s going to be about winning.  Lebron and Kobe are going to be playing in the final 4 of the NBA for years to come.  Carmelo Anthony hasn’t reached his full potential, he’s the same age as Lebron, and as long as Denver has Chauncy Billups, the Nuggets will be playing late in the playoffs too.  Same with the Magic and Howard.  I don’t think Wade is going to take kindly to watching his cronies getting it done in the playoffs, while he’s watching on tv after a first round loss, in which he did all the work.  Even if he’s watching from a sweet club, with a bunch fine women by a beach, I’d think he’d rather be playing.  Unless the Heat get another major FA, Wade will continue to carry a hapless team to the first round and get knocked out for years to come, while all his pals are playing deep into the playoffs, and this is what potentially will be his undoing in Miami.

While the Bulls aren’t anything special as they stand, if they added Wade they could compete for the East.  Miami has some obvious advantages to Chicago, but in terms of free agent destinations, the Chi is legit.  Benny the Bull and Jerry Krause aren’t going to be waiting for Wade at the airport, so people can stop bringing that up.  It’s his home town, there’s plenty of endorsement opportunities, and considering the economy is in the tank, the Bulls are doing just as well financially as any team in terms of attendance.  It’s a world-class city, its biggest fault is the weather.  (I’m not getting in to a tax discussion, plus he’s rich as is.)

In terms of options for winning, the Bulls present one of the best opportunities, mainly bc of Rose.  Rose will be the best pg in the league in 3 or 4 years.  People forget he was 19 in the playoffs, playing the hardest position to learn as a young player.   He is bigger, stronger, and faster than Williams or Paul.  Rose has performed at a much higher level, at an earlier age than Williams or Paul considering they played 3 and 2 years of college.  I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’ll be one of the best players in the league in a few years.  I guess my point is, if winning is his main goal, there aren’t many other teams that seem more appealing than the Bulls.  He’ll be in the same lousy position if he goes to the Knicks as he is in Miami.  So if the Heat don’t get something done around him, the Bulls are going the major player in the Wade sweepstakes.

I am not saying the Heat are the 86 Celtics, but I like their chances to building winner over the next few years.  With a bit of seasoning I think you can go to war with a core of Beasley, Chalmers, and Wade.  Orlando has Howard, a freak athelte with a basketball IQ of a 3rd grader, Rashard Lewis who actually surprised me in the playoffs, but is still a 6'10" forward who refuses to play inside, and Vince Carters' corpse.  Same with Denver, you have Melo, an elderly Billups, the Birdman, and Nene.  And Cleveland has LeBron, a 40 year old Shaq, and they just gave Varejo, yes Anderson Varejo an obscene contract.  The Celtics will be toast in 2 years with Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, and Wallace all retiring.  

And like oldwarrior said, leaving $34 million dollars, plus the lack of income tax in Florida, lets say another $12 million (9% of $130 million deal), so over $40 million dollars, at the chance the Bulls could net him another few rings.  Risky to say the least.

I think the East will be wide open enough for Wade to stay in Miami, in my uninformed opinion.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
MU_Iceman has some people that agree with him that Dwyane Wade wouldn't be an ideal fit in Chicago.  Although I don't think there's a team in the NBA that wouldn't sign him if given the chance.

http://www.rootzoo.com/articles/view/NBA-Basketball/Chicago-Bulls/Bulls-Would-be-Wise-to-Avoid-Wade_14965

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
I think of Miami being alot like Vegas... it's fun as hell, and a great place to vacation, but you can only handle 3-4 days!  I think Tim Hardaway would be a great person to interview to get his opinion of being a Chicago native that is playing in Miami.  I wonder if he would have come to the his hometown Chicago Bulls if given the chance?

except Tim Hardaway isn't from Chicago.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »
except Tim Hardaway isn't from Chicago.

Tim Hardaway was born and raised in Chicago.  I've seen him twice at the White Castles down the street from my house in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hardaway
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:22:19 PM by TomW1365 »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
Interesting reading some of the back and forth on this. When I worked for the team, it was in the midst of the 2000 free agent frenzy with Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, Eddie Jones, etc. I wasn't with Krause at the airport hugging McGrady, but I got to assist with some of the Eddie Jones and T-Mac pursuit.

In my opinion, and from what I've heard, Wade will not be a Bull in '10 and beyond. Chris Bosh on the other hand...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »
Interesting reading some of the back and forth on this. When I worked for the team, it was in the midst of the 2000 free agent frenzy with Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, Eddie Jones, etc. I wasn't with Krause at the airport hugging McGrady, but I got to assist with some of the Eddie Jones and T-Mac pursuit.

In my opinion, and from what I've heard, Wade will not be a Bull in '10 and beyond. Chris Bosh on the other hand...

Is Chris Bosh a max contract deserving player?  I am not informed enough to make a valid opinion.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Tim Hardaway was born and raised in Chicago.  I've seen him twice at the White Castles down the street from my house in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hardaway

well, in my face.

for some reason I thought he was from the Milwaukee area... wonder if I was thinking of someone else.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
well, in my face.

for some reason I thought he was from the Milwaukee area... wonder if I was thinking of someone else.

You thinking of 'Spree?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
maybe... was there a guy from Racine???

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 01:21:10 PM »

You have to be thinking of Nick Van Exel out of Kenosha.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
You have to be thinking of Nick Van Exel out of Kenosha.

aha!  thats it!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

Caron Butler?

feedback