[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Roddick v. Federer on Sunday  (Read 1451 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Roddick v. Federer on Sunday
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
Wasn't that long ago it seemed that the end could be near for these two, now they are both in the Wimbledon final (of course Nadal's injury is why). Looking forward to it.

reinko

• All American
Re: Roddick v. Federer on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »
I wouldn't say that's why, but sure it helps. 

Both of these guys have been playing out of their minds. 
Should be great.

Anyone know if this will be shown live on the west coast?  I'm out here visiting, and seems like everything out here in on tape delay.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »
It's on tape delay here too.  Apparently, between this and the Olympics, NBC doesn't realize that it isn't 1970 anymore.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »
NBC is weird with their tape delays.  Last weekend ESPN2 was covering some match on Court 2 and I couldn't figure out why they weren't even giving score updates on the Centre Court match.  Eventually I looked it up and realized Roddick was playing and it dawned on me that NBC would be showing it on tape delay a couple hours later.  Of course, ESPN stuck it to them by showing the post-match press conference with Roddick.

I felt the match was actually a little disappointing, despite the epic length.  Most of the time it didn't feel like there was any serious threat for breaking serve, and the game where Federer finally got the break in the fifth set was really more about Roddick's errors than Federer hitting winners as he'd done for the rest of his titles.  Admittedly, it was impressive to see both guys in such great shape and able to keep up the level of play for so long.

Also, Roddick's gotta be kicking himself today for that point at 6-5 in the second set tiebreak where he had the whole court open and put the volley about 5 feet long.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
It was a very good match, but not great. I agree it didn't really have that super high intensity even though everyone knew the next break wins the match. That, and I guess I never doubted Federer would be the one to get that break. Felt bad for Roddik though. he really played great.

BTW, I don't watch that much tennis anymore but was reminded again what a great TV analyst John McEnroe is.

feedback