collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Oregon beats Bucky in the Rose Bowl  (Read 5029 times)

RyanConroy

Oregon beats Bucky in the Rose Bowl
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »
Russell Wilson tries to spike after a first down with 2 seconds left on the clock, just a horrible decision. What a great night.

jsglow

• All American
Re: Oregon beats Bucky in the Rose Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »
I feel bad for Bucky.  They fought the good fight.  Congrats to the Badgers for a great season.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
Bielema really perplexes me as a coach.  He makes some really dumb decisions - like the time out call to review the return play.  I blame the last play on the coaches.  They need to be aware that 2 seconds is not enough time to get a spike in.

Oregon's defense made some plays in the 2nd half.  That was the difference, the Badgers could not stop Oregon's O.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
Big ten living up to their bowl game tradition.... Losing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
Would rather keep Chryst and send Beleima to Pitt.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
I feel bad for Bucky.  They fought the good fight.  Congrats to the Badgers for a great season.

Fought the good fight? Great season? Hardly.

They were in the best position they will ever have again to make the NC game, but shat the bed in a weak Big Ten. Now they lost the Rose Bowl for stupid mistakes.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Wisconsin ain't crap. They don't beat or play any good teams . What do they expect? A bunch of slow farm boys on D.
To bad,so sad!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
Would rather keep Chryst and send Beleima to Pitt.
I agree, but am admittedly biased towards Chryst.  I wonder how UW will fare without him.  The OC hire is huge for Bielema.  I don't have confidence that he get's it right.

RyanConroy

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »
Fought the good fight? Great season? Hardly.

They were in the best position they will ever have again to make the NC game, but shat the bed in a weak Big Ten. Now they lost the Rose Bowl for stupid mistakes.
Couldn't agree more, and that's why the bowl system is dysfunctional. It's like little league baseball, all of these kids are getting participation trophies and going home feeling great about their seasons. Wisconsin underperformed in the regular season and went 0-1 in January. Not a great season.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Not a great season.  But after growing up in Madison in the 70s and 80s, any season that ends in Pasadena is good enough for me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »
Not a great season.  But after growing up in Madison in the 70s and 80s, any season that ends in Pasadena is good enough for me.

Sultan is as antiquated as the bowl system. ;D

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
Badgers lose?  I'm so sorry.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
Sultan is as antiquated as the bowl system. ;D

Heh...  Honestly, I like UW football having grown up there.  But it isn't something I would obsess about...like MU basketball or Packer football.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
Looked like a score from their basketball team.   In the B10 tournament.   Any Bucky loss is a good loss.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Looked like a score from their basketball team.   In the B10 tournament.   Any Bucky loss is a good loss.

+1,000,000,000,000

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
Another boring Big 10 football game - that apparently you all watched with vigor.

Pretty pathetic.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Don't care much about UW or the rest of the usually grossly overrated Big 1? football conference (only watched the last 10 minutes), but think Bielema is a d*ck with ears. Whether going for 2 up 25 with a minute left (because of the "math"-LOL) or throwing bombs up 50+ in the 4th quarter, he strikes me as one of the biggest jags around.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:37:56 PM by Lennys Tap »

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 08:43:03 PM »
Just for the heck (i.e. fun) of it, I searched "Badgers" on Twitter just after the game "completely" ended.  There were more "F....n Badgers" on there than on MUScoop and they were almost entirely by Badger fans.

If I were Bielima, first of all I would probably know for sure how to spell my name and second, I would leave for my winter vacation straight from Pasadena.  I wouldn't recommend he go back to Madison right now, based wholly on Twitter.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Timely turnover sunk Bucky otherwise we thought it was a good game. Have seen a lot of O out here and didn't think UW  would hold their own. An interception and a fumble away from being in position to win

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »
Another boring Big 10 football game - that apparently you all watched with vigor.

Pretty pathetic.

Well...it wasn't boring.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »

Pretty pathetic.
I hate Wisconsin, the big ten, and everything related to each of them, but this was by no means a boring game.
We Are Elite

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »
MSU....best big whatever fb team this year.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »

Pretty pathetic.

I've honestly not watched any college football in years.  The proliferation of bowls and extending of the duration of "bowl season" is ridiculous.  It's akin to the NHL playoffs ending in friggin July.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »
I've honestly not watched any college football in years.  The proliferation of bowls and extending of the duration of "bowl season" is ridiculous.  It's akin to the NHL playoffs ending in friggin July.

NBA playoffs are way worse than NHL playoffs IMO.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 07:32:02 AM »
Timely turnover sunk Bucky otherwise we thought it was a good game. Have seen a lot of O out here and didn't think UW  would hold their own. An interception and a fumble away from being in position to win
To be fair, and I do cheer for UW football, Oregon had an untimely fumble and interception as well.  One directly led to a score, the other stopped a drive (that UW gave right back).