collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Iphone issues on muscoop  (Read 2160 times)

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
Iphone issues on muscoop
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Anyone know why I get the banned message when using my iphone, but don't have any trouble using this site on my computer?
"We have the blues on the run!"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Iphone issues on muscoop
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
Good question - and I think it's resolved.  We recently added a ban for a particular user, which apparently included several IP addresses used by AT&T's wireless network.  We've removed those IP's from the ban, so we're back online for AT&T / iPhone users :)

On that note, I apologize to the users that were inadvertently affected by this the past couple days.

Well, except for one especially pompous user who sent me an irate e-mail threatening to contact his attorney, MU president, MU AD, Buzz, and his several other influential people to get me "reprimanded, discilpined and potentially fired" unless an apology was issued immediately and the ban lifted.  

As opposed to an apology, he gets a REAL 2 month ban for not checking his ego at the door.

(to be clear, that user was NOT Rollout-the-Barrel...)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:57:23 PM by rocky_warrior »

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for resolving that so quickly.  Missed my daily muscoop at work.
"We have the blues on the run!"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
Good question - and I think it's resolved.  We recently added a ban for a particular user, which apparently included several IP addresses used by AT&T's wireless network.  We've removed those IP's from the ban, so we're back online for AT&T / iPhone users :)

On that note, I apologize to the users that were inadvertently affected by this the past couple days.

Well, except for one especially pompous user who sent me an irate e-mail threatening to contact his attorney, MU president, MU AD, Buzz, and his several other influential people to get me "reprimanded, discilpined and potentially fired" unless an apology was issued immediately and the ban lifted. 

As opposed to an apology, he gets a REAL 2 month ban for not checking his ego at the door.

Pretty light sentence considering the other board issues lifetime bans for stating the obvious, "Crean blows bubbles in the bathtub."
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »
By "other board" I imagine you mean Scout.

Lifetime bans are pretty rare here .. usually the result of 5+ "vacations."   We're probably way too optimistic that people will learn to behave.

It's always amazing to me, and sad, that there are some with a Marquette education that can really dial the dbagometer up pretty high.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
By "other board" I imagine you mean Scout.

Lifetime bans are pretty rare here .. usually the result of 5+ "vacations."   We're probably way too optimistic that people will learn to behave.

It's always amazing to me, and sad, that there are some with a Marquette education that can really dial the dbagometer up pretty high.

4+ to go
I'll have to try sending threatening emails regarding "things"... Or just post Brett favre dong shots

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »
Good question - and I think it's resolved.  We recently added a ban for a particular user, which apparently included several IP addresses used by AT&T's wireless network.  We've removed those IP's from the ban, so we're back online for AT&T / iPhone users :)

so when is dimes back from his "all expense paid by Spiral97" vacation?

feedback