collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 50326 times)

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2011, 10:53:21 AM »
Mayenknecht notes that the NFL considers only non-premium seating capacity in recording sellouts. Sellouts in the NFL do not require sell through of all suites, club and other premium seats, which amount to more than 10,000 seats in some NFL stadiums.

Five of the top-10 teams on the active list are NFL franchises. Joining Green Bay and Washington are the Pittsburgh Steelers (327), Denver Broncos (317) and San Francisco 49ers (282).

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/canucks-set-to-reach-350-consecutive-sellouts/

To be fair, Lambeau didn't have any premium seats until 1985, and didn't have the full ring of luxury boxes and club seats you now see until the major renovation in 2000.   Also, the 365 straight sell outs equates to ~46 years using a 16 game season, so I'd say it's about 50 years knowing that earlier years had shorter seasons.

/ends thread hijack

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
Still love this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn3k1KfOrs

And on the bandwagon issue, I think the Blackhawks have tons of die hard fans, tons of casual fans, and tons of bandwagon fans. Nothing wrong with it as long as people are honest about how devoted to the team they are.

Personally, I watch almost no hockey during the regular season. I'm instead watching my favorite sport, college basketball. But I do keep tabs on what's happening, and when the playoffs start, I'm tuning in. There's not much better entertainment than the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and I'll watch any game that's on, not just Chicago. My team's always been the Blackhawks, but I never claim to be anything more than the casual fan that I am.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
To be fair, Lambeau didn't have any premium seats until 1985, and didn't have the full ring of luxury boxes and club seats you now see until the major renovation in 2000.   Also, the 365 straight sell outs equates to ~46 years using a 16 game season, so I'd say it's about 50 years knowing that earlier years had shorter seasons.

/ends thread hijack

To be fair the quote about suites, etc. had nothing to do with Lambeau on my part at all....just to lazy to copy and paste the two different parts of the article to exclude that paragraph.  But obviously they are not counting the County Stadium non-sellouts of which I had the pleasure of attending while I was at MU.  Or this game because people did not want to go to the game because of a measly 11'' of snow.

How about that Cory Crawford?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:30:09 AM by SaintPaulWarrior »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
BTW, the quarterback getting sacked there is Steve Young.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
If you are a fan of Chicago sports, I don't think you are a bandwagon fan because you just started liking the Blackhawks or don't intensely watch hockey until the playoffs.  To me, you are a consistent fan if you always root for your city's team, or consistently root for any team.  The intensity is not an issue, just the consistency.  

Bandwagon fans are fans who randomly pick a front-runner and get in other people's faces about it in my opinion.  

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
So, given that I'm a self proclaimed bandwagon Blackhawks fan (transplant to Chicago here) and really only watch hockey when the playoffs start, who should I now root for?  Doesn't need to be the favorite to win, looking for a team that's exciting to watch (kinda like our Warriors).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2011, 11:50:32 AM »
So, given that I'm a self proclaimed bandwagon Blackhawks fan (transplant to Chicago here) and really only watch hockey when the playoffs start, who should I now root for?  Doesn't need to be the favorite to win, looking for a team that's exciting to watch (kinda like our Warriors).

These guys :)

Go B's!!!!!!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
I'd probably go for San Jose only because of Antti Niemi.  

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2011, 11:55:10 AM »
Shocking....log in for the first time today to find WI residents taking joy in the Blackhawks defeat and calling out the Chicago fans....sigh.  It's honestly sad and funny at the same time. 

Proud of the Hawks and the way they fought back in this series, they almost pulled it off.  We still have the youngest core of solid players in the NHL...a few nice additions over the summer and this team will be in great shape for another strong run.

Go Bulls.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
These guys :)

Go B's!!!!!!

There has got to be a joke in there about Boston fans given that Chara's about to hit the only minority in the NHL, but I just can't seem to find it.  

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
I am rooting for Nashville...I know, a longshot...but my reason are J.P Dumont and Steve Sullivan who are both ex-Hawks and I always liked as players and the Admirals are Nashville's minor league team and a lot of the Pred's have at one point or another played in Milwaukee.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2011, 12:03:14 PM »

There has got to be a joke in there about Boston fans given that Chara's about to hit the only minority in the NHL, but I just can't seem to find it.  

P.K. Subban among many other minorities in the NHL might disagree with you.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:05:45 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
P.K. Subban among many other minorities in the NHL might disagree with you.

I assumed there was more than one minority in the NHL (does Iginla still play for Calgary?!?), I figured the teal would be a universal cover all for the comment I made.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
Sorry, my mistake, but I really don't pay attention to teal very much.  Two more game 7's tonight...too bad they are basically being played at the same time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
Hoops, the point I was making is that Chicago fans (like every fan base!) Has its share of band-wagoners.

And I believe it was a Chicago fan who brought up WI sports.  Since WI doesn't have a hockey team, I have been a Wings fan for years.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »

And I believe it was a Chicago fan who brought up WI sports.

Green Bay begs to differ sir, come back when your sold out for 50+ years in a row.

Take care.

I am presuming he is a Pack fan, he was the first one to bring up anything about WI sports and his facts are also wrong.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2011, 01:13:01 PM »
Hoops, the point I was making is that Chicago fans (like every fan base!) Has its share of band-wagoners.

And I believe it was a Chicago fan who brought up WI sports.  Since WI doesn't have a hockey team, I have been a Wings fan for years.

Bandwagon.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
I want to punch PK Subban in the dick.  And not in a gay kinda way.

/not that theres anything wrong with that

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »
I want to punch PK Subban in the dick.  And not in a gay kinda way.

/not that theres anything wrong with that

I know what you mean but at the same time you have to admit he is one of the best skating/puck possession D-Men.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 27, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
I am presuming he is a Pack fan, he was the first one to bring up anything about WI sports and his facts are also wrong.

What's wrong about my statement of season tickets sold out since 1960?  That is true.

The Packers have sold out every home game at Lambeau Field since 1960.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123378-66.stm

Thanks

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
What's wrong about my statement of season tickets sold out since 1960?  That is true.

The Packers have sold out every home game at Lambeau Field since 1960.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123378-66.stm

Thanks

Cause you never said "season tickets", you said sell outs.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Green Bay begs to differ sir, come back when your you're sold out for 50+ years in a row

This was your first statement and the first post bringing up WI sports which I was referring to in my post.  It is a statement that is false.

What's wrong about my statement of season tickets sold out since 1960?  That is true.

This may be true for season tickets at Lambeau but not for sold out games as you mentioned above.  Games at County Stadium were not sold out.  Less than 20,000 in attendance Dec. 1 1985.  Your second post has nothing to do with my post about who brought up WI sports in the thread.

Thanks.  Time to move on.  

Who do you like in the two game 7's tonight?

But I am guessing you are not much of a hockey fan judging by the great insight you have given to us about the great sport of hockey in a hockey thread.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
Thanks for the English lesson, I love when people stoop to that to make themselves feel better....this is an internet forum for fans, not a formal essay.

And since every home game at Lambeau has been sold out since 1960, I don't understand the confusion on this.

Anyway, enjoy your hockey thread that probably would not have been on here 3 years ago.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the English lesson, I love when people stoop to that to make themselves feel better....this is an internet forum for fans, not a formal essay.

And since every home game at Lambeau has been sold out since 1960, I don't understand the confusion on this.

Anyway, enjoy your hockey thread that probably would not have been on here 3 years ago.

Believe me, pointing out something you should have learned in 4th grade does not make me feel better.

Cause you never said "season tickets", you said sell outs.

It is pretty simple if you think about it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:36:42 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

UpNorthEagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »

Western: Nashville is a good bet.  They push the pace, which should make their games exciting.
Eastern: I think the Lightning could shock some people if they can get out of the first round.

feedback