'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BEast teams will wear BLM patch  (Read 12294 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: BEast teams will wear BLM patch
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »
What this thread has really taught me is how people buy into a narrative that is comfortable for them so they can ignore a movement that they are uncomfortable with.

Its their excuse to do nothing.  Again.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
I’m not sure that BLM the LLC co-opted the name. They’ve been around for at least 5 years.

And Michael Brown was killed six years ago last Tuesday.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2020, 03:54:32 PM »
It elevates their brand name, which increases their popularity. Canceling my season tickets and not watching Marquette is the only way I can be sure I'm not helping promote Marxism.

OK.  Fight the good fight. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »

And the seventh anniversary of George Zimmerman's acquittal was a month ago. That's when #blacklivesmatter began.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
The radical religious right is just as bad for our society as is the radical liberal left.  Birth control is a GOOD thing.  Though abortion is a complicated issue, I ultimately believe the government does NOT have the right to legislate a woman's body.  I'm also supportive of gay/lesbian marriage, and affirmative action. 

Those are the areas I share in common with the left.  As it relates to education, I can't weigh in there as I'm not at all well-versed in the dynamics of the education system/options available.
To be clear...your past statements are racist.  I think everyone is racist to a different degree...but I'm also accepting of people calling me out when they believe I say something racist.  What you said is truly awful, and people need to denounce that type of language. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2020, 04:13:36 PM »
Fixed for you.  It would be nice if BLM transacted in an actual honest discussion of the reality of race in the U.S.

race realist (plural race realists)

(euphemistic) A person who believes that empirical evidence exists to support or justify racism (racial discrimination), racial inferiority, or racial superiority

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/race_realist

Glad you made it home from K-Zoo safely. Sounds like things got wild.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2020, 04:15:15 PM »
bUt BlAcK lIvEs MaTtErS iS mArXiSt!!

WaKe Up ShEepLe!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:18:02 PM by Coleman »

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
blacks killed in the inner city by blacks don't matter to BLM

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »
blacks killed in the inner city by blacks don't matter to BLM

If this were true, it likely would mean you and BLM have something in common.
Alas, it isn't true.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
Nailed it.

The only reason it’s a “politics” issue is so the people who benefit from the system we live in can continue to do so while pretending this is a political issue, when it’s really just a matter of basic human rights. Equality is not political. People who benefit from not having equality try to distract from the real issue that BLM is addressing.
Yep. Always good to support Marxism and the destruction oh the nuclear family.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2020, 06:07:39 PM »
Perhaps I misunderstood/misunderstand your point.  Calling out people online with very wrong views of BLM patches = call-out culture.  Nobody's voices have been cancelled.  Nonetheless, it is still a very divisive tactic.

The kids/Big East are making a statement and an alum says he/she is canceling his tickets and support. 

Isn’t that textbook cancel culture? Boycotting because you don’t like what the players/MU are saying. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »
Like that the conference takes action. Unanimous decision from the 11 institutions speaks to it's credibility as a choice and it's serious nature.

As ever, the Big East is the vanguard.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2020, 06:56:55 PM »
Some were hoping for the Q-ANON patch instead.
Holy sh*t this made me laugh
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »

The #BlackLives Matter movement was started, not co-opted, by Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi in 2013 following the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the Travon Martin killing. They also started the Black Lives Matter Organization in conjunction (simultaneously) with the movement. The movement/organization now has chapters all over the globe and its founders are still recognized as “leaders”. They are, in Cullors own words, “trained Marxists“ with goals that go well beyond ending police brutality and addressing systemic racism.

Has the movement expanded (especially after the death of George Floyd) to include lots of people with no interest in some of the movement’s original goals? Absolutely. And is that a defensible position? Sure. And so is supporting the slogan and being uncomfortable with the whole package. People of good will should stop with the name calling and accept that.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2020, 08:35:34 PM »
Love it!  Awesome to support a "movement" that believes: 

There is state sanctioned and deliberate and rampant violence inflicted on Blacks.  (Totally false)

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." 

(Sweet! I hereby support BLM and am now all for banging whomever, making babies, abandoning them, and leaving the village to raise those bastards!  No doubt absentee fathers and single parent households are the surefire formula for success!) 

Western/European culture needs to reconsider its viewpoints and support this enlightened "movement" (of idiocy).
Who hurt you?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »
Love it!  Awesome to support a "movement" that believes: 

There is state sanctioned and deliberate and rampant violence inflicted on Blacks.  (Totally false)

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." 

(Sweet! I hereby support BLM and am now all for banging whomever, making babies, abandoning them, and leaving the village to raise those bastards!  No doubt absentee fathers and single parent households are the surefire formula for success!) 

Western/European culture needs to reconsider its viewpoints and support this enlightened "movement" (of idiocy).

When Theo John tweeted "We are about change. If you can’t support us here. I ask you Please don’t support us on the court. #mubb #BlackLivesMatter" this is the exact kind of racist crap he was talking about.

If you don't believe the lives of young men like Theo John, Sacar Anim, & Koby McEwen matter, you should GTFO of the Marquette fanbase. They don't want you here.

https://twitter.com/theojohn123/status/1268335482305425413?s=21
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:52:15 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2020, 09:10:45 PM »
Just reading through this thread is kind of a downer. The problem is that in today's America, EVERYTHING is politicized - and the PC police are everywhere and oh, so vigilant.

What's the matter with "Black Lives Matter?" Of course they do. But why all the blowback against "All Lives Matter?" That's not anti-anything, it's pro-humanity. But not PC-enough, apparently - can't express THAT at Goodyear.

Mostly because it's said intentionally as an attempt to minimize black lives matter.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2020, 09:23:39 PM »
Why does BLM have to answer for the looters but the NRA doesn’t have to answer for the shooters?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
The kids/Big East are making a statement and an alum says he/she is canceling his tickets and support. 

Isn’t that textbook cancel culture? Boycotting because you don’t like what the players/MU are saying.

Gotcha.  Shouldn't have, but missed the reference to cancelling tickets.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2020, 09:29:58 PM »
Yep. Always good to support Marxism and the destruction oh the nuclear family.

Shocked you still have this view even after reading 4 pages about how ignorant this viewpoint is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2020, 10:01:13 PM »
Holy sh*t this made me laugh

I was only half-kidding.

OK, maybe 3/4 kidding.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2020, 11:22:27 PM »
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/25/patrisse-cullors-black-lives-matter-co-founder-fea/

Ipso fatso, Theo John is a Marxist.

I'm never watching Marquette basketball again.

We Were Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2020, 12:08:50 AM »
Whatever helps people sleep at night. If that’s giving up being a fan of Marquette basketball because you can’t agree that black lives matter, you do you I guess. You’re very much on the wrong side of history.

coffee cup

• Walk-On
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2020, 02:12:05 AM »
Is it acceptable to say -

1. Ill continue the critically important work of reducing the real differences in key social, economic factors among the races in America, and

2. I have problems with BLM as an organization.

?

can you be for racial equality and think BLMs critical message of racial justice has been coopted and its not all the fault of the right \ fox news?