collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 381188 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4050 on: October 04, 2021, 07:44:30 PM »
With all due respect, thats a pretty gross mentality.  But I'm sure Jockey will high five you for it.

You are almost as good as Chico at misrepresenting my posts.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4051 on: October 04, 2021, 07:47:39 PM »
i'd like to think 36 years of private practice and ownership speaks for itself. just because i challenge all you "experts" doesn't mean i'm wrong.  you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   

It does.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4052 on: October 04, 2021, 08:36:46 PM »
i'd like to think 36 years of private practice and ownership speaks for itself.  just because i challenge all you "experts" doesn't mean i'm wrong.  you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   

The 36 years of practice as a dentist, makes you nothing in the treatment of COVID.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4053 on: October 04, 2021, 08:57:47 PM »
Devils advocate, unless rocket has myriad malpractice cases and severe negative outcomes like this hack, its not exactly a like for like.

Ben Carson proved himself to be fairly incompetent in the political realm or with his opinions on foreign policy or the like, but using that to discredit him as a neurosurgeon would be wildly offbase and incorrect.

All I am pointing out is longevity does not imply excellence.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4054 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:07 PM »
“Some Catholics around the country are claiming religious exemptions for the Covid vaccine. Because there’s nothing more Catholic than letting someone else die for your sins.”

— Colin Jost, SNL Weekend Update
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4055 on: October 04, 2021, 10:02:51 PM »
All I am pointing out is longevity does not imply excellence.

Tell that to unanimous first ballout HOFer Jamie Moyer

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4056 on: October 05, 2021, 08:09:24 AM »
“Some Catholics around the country are claiming religious exemptions for the Covid vaccine. Because there’s nothing more Catholic than letting someone else die for your sins.”

— Colin Jost, SNL Weekend Update

That would be a tough sell given that the Pope himself has expressly communicated that everyone should get the vaccine.

How does that work legally, anyway? Can someone claim a religious exemption and their school/HR Department can say, "That's bullsh!t.  There is nothing in Catholic Doctrine that would prevent you from getting the vaccine"?  Or once someone says, "It's against my religion", they're automatically bulletproof?
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4057 on: October 05, 2021, 08:32:51 AM »
How does that work legally, anyway? Can someone claim a religious exemption and their school/HR Department can say, "That's bullsh!t.  There is nothing in Catholic Doctrine that would prevent you from getting the vaccine"?  Or once someone says, "It's against my religion", they're automatically bulletproof?

The former.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4058 on: October 05, 2021, 08:43:15 AM »
Part of this is, well, duh.
But what's up with Florida? I would never accuse that state of fudging COVID-related stats, but there's something unusual here.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-deaths-among-older-adults-during-the-delta-surge-were-higher-in-states-with-lower-vaccination-rates/

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4059 on: October 05, 2021, 10:21:20 AM »
That would be a tough sell given that the Pope himself has expressly communicated that everyone should get the vaccine.

Google Rad Trad or radical traditionalist Catholics.

It's scary.  And these are the anti-vax Catholics.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4060 on: October 05, 2021, 10:23:46 AM »
Part of this is, well, duh.
But what's up with Florida? I would never accuse that state of fudging COVID-related stats, but there's something unusual here.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-deaths-among-older-adults-during-the-delta-surge-were-higher-in-states-with-lower-vaccination-rates/

Pretty simple. Florida did everything it could to foster the rampant spread of COVID within its state. That led to more infections, including in the 65+ crowd. Lots of unnecessary deaths. Florida showing that DeSantis is killing his own people.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4061 on: October 05, 2021, 10:26:48 AM »

Yep. Our very own Taliban.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4062 on: October 05, 2021, 10:31:37 AM »

I would guess that very few catholics have religious objections. They have political objections, then lie about having a religious objection so that they can get away with being anti-vax.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4063 on: October 05, 2021, 10:34:26 AM »

never run into one of these in the wild. My guess is in raw numbers we're talking a fringe of a fringe.

<there are dozens of us, dozens> meme.

joking aside, I'm in favor of launching all theocrats into the sun, especially those who claim to share my faith (but in practice do no such thing).

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4064 on: October 05, 2021, 10:35:57 AM »
Pretty simple. Florida did everything it could to foster the rampant spread of COVID within its state. That led to more infections, including in the 65+ crowd. Lots of unnecessary deaths. Florida showing that DeSantis is killing his own people.

I think the more reasonable response would be the southern states got hit with the seasonality cycle of delta Covid first and now it’s the northern regions turn.  Look at what’s going on in Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine and the northeastern region in general who have the highest vaccination rates in the country yet are now seeing record surges, worse then even the fall/winter of 2020.

Saw yesterday Wisconsin has one of the highest % increase in positive cases in the country right now.  It’s just our turn I guess.  Florida has seen a dramatic decrease in the last couple weeks without any drastic policies implemented or crazy change in vaccination status.

It’s long past time to realize that there’s little federal, state, or local officials can do to affect the situation on the ground.  Take personal responsibility to get vaccinated and if you don’t want to do that hopefully you’re not obese, eating a healthy diet, and loading up on vitamin c/d, zinc, etc to give yourself the best chance at surviving the thing.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4065 on: October 05, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »
huh, guess Wisconsin's got some roots in this traditionalist heresy business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucian_Pulvermacher

who knew?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4066 on: October 05, 2021, 10:57:04 AM »
I think the more reasonable response would be the southern states got hit with the seasonality cycle of delta Covid first and now it’s the northern regions turn.  Look at what’s going on in Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine and the northeastern region in general who have the highest vaccination rates in the country yet are now seeing record surges, worse then even the fall/winter of 2020.

Any evidence to support this?
If you look at the graph included with my link, your argument doesn't hold up. Florida had a significantly higher death rate than other southern states, including those with much lower vaccination rates, most notably its closest neighbor, Georgia.
If this is a "southern cycle" thing, and not a Florida thing, explain why Florida's figures don't align with its neighbors.

As for this northeast surge you speak of, citation needed.
According to various state dashboards, case counts are actually falling in these states and nowhere near their peak.
Massachusetts peaked with a 9,000 case day in January. Its high during the most recent surge was 2,578 on Sept. 7. That figure was down to 995 on Friday, and much lower over the weekend.
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-interactive-data-dashboard-

Connecticut peaked with 3,304 daily cases on Jan. 5.  The most recent surge saw a peak of 686 on Sept. 7. On Oct. 1, it was 311.
https://data.ct.gov/stories/s/COVID-19-Daily-Report/q5as-kyim/

Vermont did see a spike in mid-September, but case numbers have fallen significantly since then and below earlier peaks in January and March.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/vermont/

None of this indicates that it's these states turn in some kind of COVID cycle. Rather, it indicates they experienced the same late summer Delta surge as the rest of the country, just not nearly as bad as some other states.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:08:23 AM by Pakuni »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4067 on: October 05, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »
never run into one of these in the wild. My guess is in raw numbers we're talking a fringe of a fringe.

<there are dozens of us, dozens> meme.

joking aside, I'm in favor of launching all theocrats into the sun, especially those who claim to share my faith (but in practice do no such thing).

They are taking over the largest parish in Madison, including a Marquette educated pastor that is a huge proponent of this "brand" of Catholicism.

Catholic Taliban is what we call it too.  Needless to say, there are a lot of parishless Catholics in Madison right now.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4068 on: October 05, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »
They are taking over the largest parish in Madison, including a Marquette educated pastor that is a huge proponent of this "brand" of Catholicism.

Catholic Taliban is what we call it too.  Needless to say, there are a lot of parishless Catholics in Madison right now.

well I guess I was wrong. What parish in Madison?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4069 on: October 05, 2021, 12:32:20 PM »

The largest hospital system in NC is also one of the state's largest employers. They have rejected almost all claims for religious exemptions. Thankfully, because they're bogus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4070 on: October 05, 2021, 12:33:53 PM »
Any evidence to support this?
If you look at the graph included with my link, your argument doesn't hold up. Florida had a significantly higher death rate than other southern states, including those with much lower vaccination rates, most notably its closest neighbor, Georgia.
If this is a "southern cycle" thing, and not a Florida thing, explain why Florida's figures don't align with its neighbors.

As for this northeast surge you speak of, citation needed.
According to various state dashboards, case counts are actually falling in these states and nowhere near their peak.
Massachusetts peaked with a 9,000 case day in January. Its high during the most recent surge was 2,578 on Sept. 7. That figure was down to 995 on Friday, and much lower over the weekend.
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-interactive-data-dashboard-

Connecticut peaked with 3,304 daily cases on Jan. 5.  The most recent surge saw a peak of 686 on Sept. 7. On Oct. 1, it was 311.
https://data.ct.gov/stories/s/COVID-19-Daily-Report/q5as-kyim/

Vermont did see a spike in mid-September, but case numbers have fallen significantly since then and below earlier peaks in January and March.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/vermont/

None of this indicates that it's these states turn in some kind of COVID cycle. Rather, it indicates they experienced the same late summer Delta surge as the rest of the country, just not nearly as bad as some other states.

All of this. Also, Vermont despite a mid September spike still has amongst the lowest deaths per capita in the nation...because of its vaccination rate.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4071 on: October 05, 2021, 12:46:30 PM »

Saw yesterday Wisconsin has one of the highest % increase in positive cases in the country right now.  It’s just our turn I guess.  Florida has seen a dramatic decrease in the last couple weeks without any drastic policies implemented or crazy change in vaccination status.

It’s long past time to realize that there’s little federal, state, or local officials can do to affect the situation on the ground.  Take personal responsibility to get vaccinated and if you don’t want to do that hopefully you’re not obese, eating a healthy diet, and loading up on vitamin c/d, zinc, etc to give yourself the best chance at surviving the thing.

I live in Connecticut. 
What surge?!?  There may have been a "statistical" increase of cases, but I wouldn't call it anywhere near a surge let alone any different than it's been the last four months.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4073 on: October 05, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »
I live in Connecticut. 
What surge?!?  There may have been a "statistical" increase of cases, but I wouldn't call it anywhere near a surge let alone any different than it's been the last four months.

If you want to categorize going from 70 cases a day to 450-500 a day over the last 4 months a statistical increase that’s fair I’m just cautioning of what the fall/winter months might have in store for the northeast/Midwest.  CT’s 7 day avg of positive cases in early October of this year is higher then at the same point in October of 2020, same with 7 day avg of deaths in CT (4x’s higher now then same time last year) so🤞it doesn’t follow the same seasonality trend line as 12 months ago.

I should have been more clear in my original post.  Hovering around record highs/breaking record highs despite a great vaccination rate are being seen in Vermont and Maine with worrying trends in CT and MA along with WI, MN, MI and those states just coming up on their indoor seasons.  I should have been more careful, my apologies.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4074 on: October 05, 2021, 02:04:15 PM »
All of this. Also, Vermont despite a mid September spike still has amongst the lowest deaths per capita in the nation...because of its vaccination rate.

Vermont’s death rate is unbelievably good, has been from the tip.  7 day avg currently sitting at 2 and at no point during this mess did their 7 day avg go above a whopping 3.  Something in the water out there I guess.

feedback