collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More trouble IU  (Read 21625 times)

Afroman

• All American

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: More trouble IU
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
Maybe they can get Kelvin Sampson to come back and clean up this cesspool! Somebody email Fred Glass ASAP!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
T-Cubed's flush red face is not fron tannin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »
Seems like the BK alums are holding the "privilege" to play at IU at a higher level than Crean is.

4 games?

That's really sending a message especially when you don't mention if it's a regular season suspension or exhibition suspension.

The turkey for Thanksgiving is roasting early for the Big 10 opponents and anti-IU "fans": https://indiana.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=&fid=726
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:16:19 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »
I keep trying to keep my criticism of Crean limited to his coaching.   However, if a string of occurrences like these had happened at MU under buzz, I know one Crean devotee who would have lost his friggin' mind.   What is the tipping point for IU being able to show just cause for getting out of the buyout?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:48:51 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »
I keep trying to keep my criticism of Crean limited to his coaching.   However, if a string of occurrences like these had happened at MU under buzz, I know one "unbiased" college bball fanCrean devotee who would have lost his friggin' mind.   What is the tipping point for IU being able to show just cause for getting out of the buyout?

FTFY

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »
If Crean doesn't make a deep tourney this season, he's gone.
We Are Marquette

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »
I think the writing is on the wall for Tom Crean at Indiana.  His tenure peaked with Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo during their Sweet 16 run a few seasons ago.  The odds of a coach at a blue blood program missing the tournament consecutive seasons AND experiencing off-court issues with players (including drug and DUI problems) are slim to none.

Crean will be coaching a new team in 2015.  Whatever his buyout is, you can guarantee that the IU boosters will not continue to stand pat in year 8 of mediocrity.  They will offer everything to go get Brad Stevens.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
So 4 players cited for alcohol arrests and now more suspended for drugs in just the last 9 months!?  Talk about squirmy!!! I thought tommys greatest defender said that tommy was brought in to cleanup the drug and alcohol problems!!??
Dakich is deadon, the really bad thing is these are taking place the night before scrimmages or games.  College kids are college kids, but who goes out drinking the nightbefore games.  That is a serious issue!! 
Silence from chico as his heros tenure at his favorite team becomes more and more of a disaster.  Will commit another recruiting violation in a last attempt to salvage a disaster of a recruiting year?

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

boyonthedock

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 03:46:00 AM »
From the Yahoo aricle:

"Another 15-loss nightmare isn't out of the realm of possibility either because the Hoosiers have little in the way of proven frontcourt talent."

I am absolutely ASTOUNDED to hear such a thing about a Crean team.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 06:48:26 AM »
I wonder if Crean would ever return to MU if the circumstances permitted.  Unlike KO he didn't burn the house down on the way out...
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 07:05:33 AM »
I saw 2 MU players out late at Potowatomi the night before a conference game (not a Crean coached team). Both scored 20 points the next day. I think people are going a little over the top on the fact of drinking some the night before an event. I think it happens everywhere.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »
I wonder if Crean would ever return to MU if the circumstances permitted.  Unlike KO he didn't burn the house down on the way out...

He might want to but no.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:38 AM »
What's wrong with you?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »
I wonder if Crean would ever return to MU if the circumstances permitted.  Unlike KO he didn't burn the house down on the way out...

You chittin' me? Ain't happenin'. If you got the virus once, lifetime immunity is guaranteed, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »
It's pretty simple really. If he wins some games and recruits some players, this stuff will not attach itself to a crean. If he doesn't, it will be used as a reason to say he's gotta go.

If they don't do well on the court this year, and/or sign up some 4/5 star guys, the drum beat will get very loud, buyout or no buyout.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 08:11:59 AM »
Iu is currently oversigned by two players.  They are both 3 star recruits.  14 of tommy naismiths 30 freshman recruits have not made it past their second year yet his ardent supporter says jucos create too much turnover.   Chicos runs and hides.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Could it be that the Tanned One will be walkin' the plank? Arrrhhhhh...He and Jimbo Harbaugh will soon be at home baking cupcakes with Joanie.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 08:28:05 AM »
I think the writing is on the wall for Tom Crean at Indiana.  His tenure peaked with Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo during their Sweet 16 run a few seasons ago.  The odds of a coach at a blue blood program missing the tournament consecutive seasons AND experiencing off-court issues with players (including drug and DUI problems) are slim to none.

Crean will be coaching a new team in 2015.  Whatever his buyout is, you can guarantee that the IU boosters will not continue to stand pat in year 8 of mediocrity.  They will offer everything to go get Brad Stevens.

You think so? He strikes me as a guy that would go to the studio to let things cool down and wait for another decent job to open up rather than jump at a mid-major or lower tier job.
Bring back FFP!!!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »
You think so? He strikes me as a guy that would go to the studio to let things cool down and wait for another decent job to open up rather than jump at a mid-major or lower tier job.
You are right. The Tanned One will bide his time until El Buzzo gets shipped out of (is it Va. Tech, VCU, VMI? How soon we forget!)
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »

From what I've seen and heard from him at luncheons, in interviews and at press conferences I don't know. Pretty big name, yes, but a walking cliche'.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

You chittin' me? Ain't happenin'. If you got the virus once, lifetime immunity is guaranteed, aina?

unfortunately not always the case but in this case I hope so

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
From what I've seen and heard from him at luncheons, in interviews and at press conferences I don't know. Pretty big name, yes, but a walking cliche'.

He actually has a notebook full of over a thousand pithy comments, but when the lights go on he reverts to the same old clichés.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback