collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tebow  (Read 2463 times)

MU82

• All American
Tebow
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Eagles coach Chip Kelly:

Tim’s really progressed, but we didn’t feel like he was good enough to be the three.

As quarterbacks go, Tebow is a reasonably competent college football announcer.

He now has been told by both Belichick and Kelly that he isn't even good enough to be an NFL third-stringer, and it appears no other team is even willing to look.

It's time to give up the ghost, kiddo. The SEC is darn good ... but it isn't the NFL.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Tebow
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:51:17 PM »
And yet, he still has a better starting record then Bradford or Sanchez. Dude did something right.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:08:24 AM »
And yet, he still has a better starting record then Bradford or Sanchez. Dude did something right.

Yeah.  Got himself on a team with a good defense and minimized his mistakes. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »

He has a playoff passer rating of 90.0.

His regular season passer rating is 75.3....is not good, it would be near the bottom of the NFL. 

He does have more TD's than interceptions, but tough to ever see him regularly other than a backup somewhere.  With the new 2 point rules, however, it might be worth a roster spot somewhere.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
Why is this guy a subject of interest for America? At least he is a clean cut guy and not prone to dressing up as a woman for the sake of reigniting his career

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »
Why is this guy a subject of interest for America? At least he is a clean cut guy and not prone to dressing up as a woman for the sake of reigniting his career

Good guy.

Terrible (relative to NFL) football player.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
After a few weeks, a few teams will have starters on the IR and looking for backups.

Tebow will be employed in the NFL in 10 days to 2 weeks.  Maybe even the eagles should Sam Bradford go down with injury (again!).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »
Tebow will be employed in the NFL in 10 days to 2 weeks. 

I think there is little chance of that.  In fact, I think there is a strong possibility that he never suits up for an NFL team again.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »

I think there is little chance of that.  In fact, I think there is a strong possibility that he never suits up for an NFL team again.

If he does not get picked up after the first wave of QB injuries, I will agree with you.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 05:50:15 PM »

Crazy how a guy like Todd Bouman, an undrafted free agent QB from St. Cloud State puts together a 14 year NFL career, and Tebow, all-world in college struggles mightily to see his third season.

brandx

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »
Crazy how a guy like Todd Bouman, an undrafted free agent QB from St. Cloud State puts together a 14 year NFL career, and Tebow, all-world in college struggles mightily to see his third season.

Tebow was surrounded by top caliber guys in college. And an offense where he never needed to read defenses or set up in the pocket the way you need to in the NFL.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 11:31:10 PM »

Because he comes from the Family Values wing and people love to see that wing fail...that's the reason for many anyway.  Others, are merely fascinated with him due to his college success that hasn't translated to the pro game.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 07:04:40 AM »
Because he comes from the Family Values wing and people love to see that wing fail...that's the reason for many anyway.  Others, are merely fascinated with him due to his college success that hasn't translated to the pro game.

That works both ways ... he is also wildly popular among the Family Values wing too and they buy his jersey and support him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
That works both ways ... he is also wildly popular among the Family Values wing too and they buy his jersey and support him.

Agree completely

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »
He has a playoff passer rating of 90.0.

And a playoff completion percentage of 40%...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
And a playoff completion percentage of 40%...

Yup.  The two good things he does is not turn over the ball much and win.  Usually those are two things coaches like, but he is ugly to watch.  I heard this preseason he was much better, but I didn't see any of their games.

feedback