[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Starting Lineup  (Read 13422 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Starting Lineup
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 02:59:24 PM »
See, I made the mistake, simple explanation.

Hards types faster than he thinks.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 03:13:53 PM »
Hards types faster than he thinks.

Just think, I weren't around to hurt your fee fees you'd have nothing to talk about at all!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »
Morsell
Carton
Bates
Baldwin
Garcia
Interesting.  Projecting 3 guys as starters that are not even in the program.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »
I'd go with BLM's lineup.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 06:18:35 AM »
Assuming the roster stays the same, I'd say...

Kolek
Carton
Elliott
Lewis
Garcia

First 3: Ighadaro, Jones, Joplin

But I think there's a very good chance one of the above is gone and replaced with someone not yet here.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 08:00:05 AM »
Assuming the roster stays the same, I'd say...

Kolek
Carton
Elliott
Lewis
Garcia

First 3: Ighadaro, Jones, Joplin

But I think there's a very good chance one of the above is gone and replaced with someone not yet here.

Very interesting post Brew. On the Holyland site, Golden Warriors 11 stated the obvious- that someone has to leave- but added that it would not be Garcia. MU Panther replied that he was hearing vibes on campus that Garcia is leaving but no one else has said anything at all like this. Strange.

If you wanted to say more, you would have but your mysterious comments have me wondering what's behind them. Like many here, I expected the departures likely to be Perez and Akanno. Maybe them plus one more (other than Greg Elliot?). I doubt that Bates is coming for the simple reason he has held off for so long and I do not understand why he would not have made a decision yet if Marquette as his choice.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 08:05:21 AM »
Still believe Garcia stays. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »
Lewis
Garcia
O-Max
Kolek
Carton

Sixth man- Elliott

In the mix- Joplin, Ellis, Oso, Mitchell

Think O-Max playing a full ACC season, skill set, and size gives him a leg up on others. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 08:17:27 AM »
I haven't seen Elliot in any of the recent vids or photos. Maybe my super sleuthing is bad, but that seems like a tell?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 08:32:30 AM »
Garcia is gone
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 08:38:32 AM »
Garcia is gone

I hope he has better info than Vander Blue did.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »
Very interesting post Brew. On the Holyland site, Golden Warriors 11 stated the obvious- that someone has to leave- but added that it would not be Garcia. MU Panther replied that he was hearing vibes on campus that Garcia is leaving but no one else has said anything at all like this. Strange.

If you wanted to say more, you would have but your mysterious comments have me wondering what's behind them. Like many here, I expected the departures likely to be Perez and Akanno. Maybe them plus one more (other than Greg Elliot?). I doubt that Bates is coming for the simple reason he has held off for so long and I do not understand why he would not have made a decision yet if Marquette as his choice.

I could see 0-2 additions and 1-3 departures. The only place I think Garcia goes is the NBA.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »
Garcia is gone

Based on ...

Not doubting you at all, Unk, just wondering what convinced you to say something so definitive.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2021, 09:04:20 AM »
Garcia is not rated in the Top 100 picks of the NBA draft, Mamu is about 60 so he may not be drafted.  Houser about 74 Luke Garcia may or may not be drafted. Garcia may transfer out but he would be smart to go back to college somewhere. Makes total sense to comeback.  Team looks to better next year, that will help.  Lots of excitement with new coach.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
Based on ...

Not doubting you at all, Unk, just wondering what convinced you to say something so definitive.

I have no insider information whatsoever.  Just a gut feeling

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2021, 10:03:39 AM »
Right now, my guess would be

Carton
Mitchell
Ellis
Lewis
Garcia

But as Fluffy said, I think the roster is far from finished
I saw an interview with SS where he said Ellis is young/raw but will be a great player. Based upon that, I would think Jop for Ellis. But who knows....as SS has said we’re not done yet!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »

Well, no shame in not being connected. Fact is no one on Scoop has any actual insight. At least you are honest about it!

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2021, 10:32:10 AM »

Thanks, Unk. I hope your gut is wrong this time! Might be right, though.

As Crash said, nobody on Scoop actually knows nuttin' about what Garcia will or won't do. Soon enough, we'll see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2021, 10:39:08 AM »
Thanks, Unk. I hope your gut is wrong this time! Might be right, though.

As Crash said, nobody on Scoop actually knows nuttin' about what Garcia will or won't do. Soon enough, we'll see.

My gut says he's coming back. Question is to where?

But what the hell do I know?

Death on call

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »
As an underclassman, unless you are guaranteed to go in the top-40, there is so much risk in leaving early (unless you are in poor academic standing and/or have zero interest in going to class).  In the NBA, many 2nd round picks go to foreign projects that have little chance of making the NBA, and teams rather not spend money on guaranteed roster spots.  In addition, if you do leave early, you want as much opportunity to go to an organization that will help you develop (in order to get paid more down the road).  Go to the wrong team as an UDFA, and you have little room to excel beyond that.

The fact Dawson is not even being listed in many mock drafts as even a 2nd Rounder gives little optimism that he'd find a strong opportunity this Summer.  Overseas opportunities have their own issues due to COVID.

The biggest concern regarding Dawson would have been him going into the transfer portal, which he hasn't.  With so many programs quickly filling spots, and Minnesota (with McNeilly) acquiring A&M talent (likely), the odds grow by the day he returns next year (especially with a staff as proven with bigs as Shaka and Co.).

No one has inside knowledge, but it isn't rocket science to figure out what the best pathway forward for him in the NBA would be.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
As an underclassman, unless you are guaranteed to go in the top-40, there is so much risk in leaving early (unless you are in poor academic standing and/or have zero interest in going to class).  In the NBA, many 2nd round picks go to foreign projects that have little chance of making the NBA, and teams rather not spend money on guaranteed roster spots.  In addition, if you do leave early, you want as much opportunity to go to an organization that will help you develop (in order to get paid more down the road).  Go to the wrong team as an UDFA, and you have little room to excel beyond that.

The fact Dawson is not even being listed in many mock drafts as even a 2nd Rounder gives little optimism that he'd find a strong opportunity this Summer.  Overseas opportunities have their own issues due to COVID.

The biggest concern regarding Dawson would have been him going into the transfer portal, which he hasn't.  With so many programs quickly filling spots, and Minnesota (with McNeilly) acquiring A&M talent (likely), the odds grow by the day he returns next year (especially with a staff as proven with bigs as Shaka and Co.).

No one has inside knowledge, but it isn't rocket science to figure out what the best pathway forward for him in the NBA would be.

Logical, rational posts like this take all the fun out of a thread. Anybody who can come up with a wild, unsubstantiated rumor to make this subject more interesting?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
Logical, rational posts like this take all the fun out of a thread. Anybody who can come up with a wild, unsubstantiated rumor to make this subject more interesting?

Garcia to Texas.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »

It’s a changing world.  What we think is the best path for Dawson Garcia may not actually be the best path.  I’m not wholly convinced these kids coming back to college is the best path.