[Today at 11:41:46 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[Today at 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2014 Old Spice  (Read 20319 times)

CAGASS24

• All American
2014 Old Spice
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »
Wow - hell of a field - interesting as to whether we end up playing Cuonzo and Tennessee.  

KU
MU
Tenn
GT
Rider
Mich St
Rhode Island
Santa Clara

In '09 we beat Xavier and Mich on our way to losing in the Championship by one to FSU.  If you recall, that was the year Solomon Alibi hit a game winner with 11 seconds remaining AND, in a somewhat recurrent theme for Buzz's MU teams, we failed to get a shot off for the win.

Should be exciting!!!

Very nice measuring stick for our new squad -

Milkhouse is a great atmosphere.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:09:31 AM by CAGASS24 »

Nukem2

• All American
Re: 2014 Old Spice
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »
Hopefully we'll have a frontcourt to compete in this tourney as Luke won't be eligible until mid-December.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »
Agree - things could get ugly down there if we're relying solely on Taylor up front - really hope Pierce is still in the fold - gotta think he'd be encouraged about the opportunity here even with Fisher since he'll only have two and a half years in the program

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
Hopefully we'll have a frontcourt to compete in this tourney as Luke won't be eligible until mid-December.

The names in the tournament are decent, but Tenn is graduating 4 seniors, MSU is graduating several seniors, KU - is that kentucky or kansas?  Either team will have huge losses in the off season.  GT, Rider, Rhode I. Santa Clara..... does anyone know anything about these teams?  Otherwise the field turns weak, once you see who's graduating.  

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
The names in the tournament are decent, but Tenn is graduating 4 seniors, MSU is graduating several seniors, KU - is that kentucky or kansas?  Either team will have huge losses in the off season.  GT, Rider, Rhode I. Santa Clara..... does anyone know anything about these teams?  Otherwise the field turns weak, once you see who's graduating.  

Is that a serious question? unnatural carnal knowledge.

Slow down on the 49 posts a day and learn some crap.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »
Either of the KU's will reload with first rate talent and be tough.
Be great for a smaller, quicker and more aggressive team to succeed here. I think Wojo's story and style suggests this approach. Hey wasn't UConn kind of like that?  

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »

I've seen people use KU as Kentucky and Kansas.  Forgive me for asking a question to eliminate doubt.  *learn some crap* --- very articulate.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »

?-(

KU = Kansas
UK = Kentucky

Bonus:  UCLA = UCLA

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
UK is kentucky and KU is Kansas. jsut look at the school logos and it is easy to see.  Especially since the UK logo was on screen for 3 hours last night

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »
Wow - hell of a field - interesting as to whether we end up playing Cuonzo and Tennessee.  

KU
MU
Tenn
GT
Rider
Mich St
Rhode Island
Santa Clara

In '09 we beat Xavier and Mich on our way to losing in the Championship by one to FSU.  If you recall, that was the year Solomon Alibi hit a game winner with 11 seconds remaining AND, in a somewhat recurrent theme for Buzz's MU teams, we failed to get a shot off for the win.

Should be exciting!!!

Was at the Milkhouse for that tournament, was a lot of fun.  the bad part was watching Jimmy go 2-17 from the FT line vs FSU

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
I've seen people use KU as Kentucky and Kansas.  Forgive me for asking a question to eliminate doubt.  *learn some crap* --- very articulate.  

I have never seen KU stand for Kentucky., it has always been UK.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:14 AM »
I think this is a good field for MU given where we are at right now. If we can go 2-1 it would be a positive.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
I have never seen KU stand for Kentucky., it has always been UK.

can't spell sUcK without UK.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 09:30:05 AM »

Chill out, he was just asking a question.

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
?-(

KU = Kansas
UK = Kentucky

Bonus:  UCLA = UCLA

Clearly the coaching search has ended..... ;D

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »
MU vs MSU and new head coach Tom Crean?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »

Its easy to take potshots at Buzz, and many are deserved.

But we did manage to get off buzzer-beaters against St. John's for a share of the Big East title, Davidson to win a first-round NCAA game, UConn when Junior hit the 3, several by Jimmy his senior year, etc.

There are plenty of open scabs to pick when it comes to Buzz. Blanket indictments when unwarranted seem over the top.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to this tournament, too. Hope to make the trip down from Charlotte with the missus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »

KU
MU
Tenn
GT
Rider
Mich St
Rhode Island
Santa Clara

Should be exciting!!!

Is that Georgia Tech or Georgetown... :-\

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »

You're looking at the wrong people. Anyone over 15 who follows basketball knows what "UK" represents and what "KU" represents.

And, my post was articulate. It was uttered clearly in a distinct manner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
Chill out, he was just asking a question.

Fair point, but when you get done with an entire thread stating who the blue blood, elites, etc are and can't discern between what KU stands for....

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
Tell Buzz that we get some games on ESPN at the Old Spice

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
Fair point, but when you get done with an entire thread stating who the blue blood, elites, etc are and can't discern between what KU stands for....

Who said I couldn't discern who was who?  I was looking to verify that the information was correct based on what that person said.  What's interesting, is that you'd rather pay attention to that, than the credence of the statement. 

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »
Xavier pulled out of the field weeks ago and will play in the Old Spice Classic in 2015. URI took their spot.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
Who said I couldn't discern who was who?  I was looking to verify that the information was correct based on what that person said.  What's interesting, is that you'd rather pay attention to that, than the credence of the statement. 
Well, I don't blame the others for jumping on you. That's common knowledge in college basketball. And it's come up more than once on this board.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
http://espnevents.com/old-spice-classic/

Some interesting notes.... they still have Buzz up there if you click on MU, no surprise, but if you click on Tennessee.... spoiler alert!!!!