[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Missing Tyler Herro  (Read 10978 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Re: Missing Tyler Herro
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 10:01:23 PM »
If that's the case, why isn't Kentucky better?  If he is the missing piece for our 3 and 4 star talent, why isn't he taking them to the promised land with all of their 5 star talent?

Exactly my thought
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »
He is a nice player, would have helped MU or Wisky, but he is not a game changer.  There are not many of them except a few kids at Duke, right now he is a little ahead of Quentin Grimes, who might have been a tad overrated.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 06:25:59 AM »
Imagine not being satisfied with the amount of attention your family member is getting at Kentucky (of all places), such that you have to go to a board for a nonrival school to start posts about him a year after his recruitment ended? This after all of your prior trolling efforts failed as well. Bizarre.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
Wait until the NBA draft and they have to post on all the teams that passed on him or didn’t trade up. Even if he doesn’t declare.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:28 AM »
Herro's father Chris appears to run the show (case in point:  https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article219505905.html).  I think that may be a big reason Wojo stayed away, or may explain the stories we hear about the Hausers.  Having "handlers" doesn't seem like the MU way these days, while Kentucky probably has staff dedicated to handling handlers.  Also, CCAP is your friend.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »
Herro's father Chris appears to run the show (case in point:  https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article219505905.html).  I think that may be a big reason Wojo stayed away, or may explain the stories we hear about the Hausers.  Having "handlers" doesn't seem like the MU way these days, while Kentucky probably has staff dedicated to handling handlers.  Also, CCAP is your friend.
Any parent who can recall the winning % of their college kid’s 3rd grade team, should set off wackadoo warning bells to whomever hears it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:11 AM »
Any parent who can recall the winning % of their college kid’s 3rd grade team, should set off wackadoo warning bells to whomever hears it.

After the Ellensons, I can see why the staff didn't want to deal with it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:44 AM »

Yep.

Paging Tim Maymon...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »

Fits the profile, his son is his last chance at anything really.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Can you miss something you never had?    Oh, wait, didn't we already do this argument?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:25 AM »
Can you miss something you never had?    Oh, wait, didn't we already do this argument?

We would have missed out on Chris Herro's rap sheet if Cheesy Tommy hadn't reconstituted this conversation.  So there's that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
I don't think Herro/Joey were an either/or deal like some have suggested. I think Herro was interested in playing for a blue blood and got his wish.

However, just in case it was an either/or, I think we may have gotten the better end of the deal.

Joey: 27.9 mpg, 10.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.1 bpg, 2.0 tpg, 60.5 eFG%
Herro: 28.8 mpg, 13.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 apg 1.3 spg, 0.5 bpg, 1.5 tpg, 52.8 eFG%

I think both are great players with good chances of playing in the Association. I would love to have both on this team. If we could only have one, I think I'd rather have Joey.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 11:14:38 AM »
Joey: 27.9 mpg, 10.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.1 bpg, 2.0 tpg, 60.5 eFG%
Herro: 28.8 mpg, 13.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 apg 1.3 spg, 0.5 bpg, 1.5 tpg, 52.8 eFG%

Tyrese Haliburton and his 144.2 ORtg thinks those numbers are cute.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 11:19:12 AM »
Tyrese Haliburton and his 144.2 ORtg thinks those numbers are cute.

I'm sure he'd be an asset to any program, but his offensive rating is a lot like Matt Heldt's last year. Impressive, but with a virtually non-existent usage rate.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »
I'm sure he'd be an asset to any program, but his offensive rating is a lot like Matt Heldt's last year. Impressive, but with a virtually non-existent usage rate.

Is striving to match/exceed Heldt's run during his glory years a bad thing? :) Haliburton is averaging 9/4/4 on the traditional stat line w a ridiculous eFG%.  Back-to-back double-digit efforts to kickoff conference play seem to indicate he's not hit a freshman wall just yet. Seems like a steal for the Cyclones TBH

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
Is striving to match/exceed Heldt's run during his glory years a bad thing? :) Haliburton is averaging 9/4/4 on the traditional stat line w a ridiculous eFG%.  Back-to-back double-digit efforts to kickoff conference play seem to indicate he's not hit a freshman wall just yet. Seems like a steal for the Cyclones TBH

Definitely a steal for the Cyclones. Playing way better than his #173 composite ranking would have suggested.

The player that we really missed out in that group is Marial Shayok. He was great at Virginia and is now a dude at Iowa State. He was the Buzz recruit that I hoped Wojo could retain more than any of the others.
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
Definitely a steal for the Cyclones. Playing way better than his #173 composite ranking would have suggested.

The player that we really missed out in that group is Marial Shayok. He was great at Virginia and is now a dude at Iowa State. He was the Buzz recruit that I hoped Wojo could retain more than any of the others.

Was it him or Hill that didn't even give us the time of day when Buzz left?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »

CCAP is your friend.

Obviously KY pays more than WI was offering

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 11:48:32 AM »
Was it him or Hill that didn't even give us the time of day when Buzz left?

Honestly both. Hill immediately followed Buzz. Shayok took Wojos calls but decided he was heading elsewhere pretty quickly.
TAMU

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 12:22:12 PM »

To be fair, mr herro only has 1 criminal conviction.   Dude just doesnt want to pay his bill...to anyone.

KY money has already been brandished, most likely.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »
Nah. If Herro were all that, KY Would be #1 right now. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 02:02:21 PM »
To be fair, mr herro only has 1 criminal conviction.   Dude just doesnt want to pay his bill...to anyone.

KY money has already been brandished, most likely.

I definitely don't want to insinuate that UK did anything wrong in the recruitment, or that anyone gave or has agreed to give $, because I really have no idea.  However, I do think that most schools would look at such significant financial issues and be more than a little worried, especially given the fact that we've very recently seen players' parents brokering side deals that put both the player and the program in jeopardy.  Especially with a player of Herro's caliber, where there are likely to be some less-than-wholesome business folk lining up to "help" him.  If nothing else, it might push him to enter the draft this year, which is probably not in his best interests.