'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by warriorchick
[Today at 07:08:25 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[Today at 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 16680 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2018, 09:35:25 PM »
I don’t care about his scoring as much as his rebounding and defensive abilities as that is 2 things that this year’s team sorely lacked, so what he brings on that end is a huge plus while we have other great scoring options in addition to whatever post offense he brings.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »
Morrow + Theo gonna be scarrrrrry
we gonna be scared or our opponent?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2018, 12:27:20 AM »
Nebraska last year was 12-19 with Morrow.
This year they were 22-11 without him.
Every season is different, but you can certainly argue Nebraska did not miss him.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2018, 02:22:29 AM »
Nebraska last year was 12-19 with Morrow.
This year they were 22-11 without him.
Every season is different, but you can certainly argue Nebraska did not miss him.

Only because Nebraska brought in 3 transfers that were the heart of their team..and the only reason their record was as good as it was. They dont bring them in they would have greatly missed Morrow.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
Gaining Ed and losing Rowsey will have a huge, huge impact on the way we play. I expect better ball movement next year as a result of gaining his presence in the post, and I think he'll be a solid contributor on offense. He's never been a shooter, and that's OK. We don't need to have 5 three point threats on the floor to run a good offense. As long as he's a capable passer, we should be able to get plenty of open looks going inside-out. For that reason, I expect we might be talking as much about his assist numbers as his blocks, maybe more.

Height won't be an issue for us next year, so I don't think he'll be getting 30 minutes a game. Low 20s seems about right. And I would guess his stat line will be similar to what it was at Nebraska, not because he hasn't gotten better, but because it's just a different offense. We'll have a lot of capable scorers next year, and while I expect him to be one of them, I doubt he'll be one of our top scoring threats.
Ball movement stops as soon as the ball gets in Howard's hands.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2018, 01:55:23 PM »
Only because Nebraska brought in 3 transfers that were the heart of their team..and the only reason their record was as good as it was. They dont bring them in they would have greatly missed Morrow.
Maybe Morrow transferred because he was not going to start. Do we know why he transferred?
I actually think Morrow will be our best frontline player. He is strong and may be the best leaper on the team. However, I also thought Froling would be a difference maker. That gives me pause about how high my expectations are for Morrow.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2018, 01:59:45 PM »

Not really.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 02:02:59 PM »
I see Paschall without the 3 pt range.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »
I see Paschall without the 3 pt range.
Sign me up for that
No Finish Line

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Maybe Morrow transferred because he was not going to start. Do we know why he transferred?
I actually think Morrow will be our best frontline player. He is strong and may be the best leaper on the team. However, I also thought Froling would be a difference maker. That gives me pause about how high my expectations are for Morrow.

The difference is that Froling had 10 games of experience while Morrow has 54. Morrow is more proven due to the bigger sample size.

I'm hoping for a better scoring Marcus Jackson (minus the dribbling skills).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »
Take it for what it's worth, but I work with a Nebraska alum/fan who says Marquette fans are going to love Morrow and he believes they'd have been a tourney lock this year had he stayed.
I didn't ask specifically, but nothing he said indicated that Morrow left Nebraska over a lack of playing time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
Yeah. The kid is a high major player no question about it. Never bought it with Harry. But Ed has done it at the high major level and will be a huge piece of the puzzle the next 2 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
Take it for what it's worth, but I work with a Nebraska alum/fan who says Marquette fans are going to love Morrow and he believes they'd have been a tourney lock this year had he stayed.
I didn't ask specifically, but nothing he said indicated that Morrow left Nebraska over a lack of playing time.
. How many times have we been told that the new incomer was gonna be our future salvation.  Like Froling this season for example?  Meh. I’ll wait to be shown.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »
. How many times have we been told that the new incomer was gonna be our future salvation.  Like Froling this season for example?  Meh. I’ll wait to be shown.
Very poor comp
No Finish Line

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »
Future salvation? I think most fans are just reasonably optimistic he'll fill a hole MU has had for the last few seasons.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2018, 04:49:21 PM »

Hmmm .... I never remember any new incomer being described as the "future salvation," especially Harry.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »

It's a limited sample in a glorified scrimmage, I know, but at Madness Howard was sending lobs to Morrow on every other possession.  I can't remember the last time we had a lob-city type of offense, but Madness left me very excited for what Morrow can do next year.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
Hmmm .... I never remember any new incomer being described as the "future salvation," especially Harry.

I remember the most optimistic essentially hoping Froling could do for us, what Morrow did his last year at Nebraska. 

Most others, including me, said even those goals were not particularly realistic. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2018, 12:01:17 AM »
Morrow has proven he can play at a competitive level in the Big Ten. He has been able to take a year off to work out, develop his skills and build chemistry with his teammates, so at a minimum he should be at the level he was at before he transferred, if not better. It is up to the coaches to figure out how to get the most production out of his ability.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2018, 01:08:21 AM »
I'm excited to see a post player that can catch a pass in the lane and finish.

Thank you! I really don't like to criticize players, but if Matt could get the old raiders stickem or something - it's so discouraging whenever our big three dump a pass to him after drawing defenders and it ricochets out of bounds.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Thank you! I really don't like to criticize players, but if Matt could get the old raiders stickem or something - it's so discouraging whenever our big three dump a pass to him after drawing defenders and it ricochets out of bounds.

Could Wojo hire former Bears QB Vince Evans to rocket-fire passes from close range to a hoop-cutting Matt all summer?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
Per original transfer interview, because they wanted him to mainly play the 5 and he wants to play more at the 4
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2018, 01:44:00 PM »
Ed Morrow is really good guys.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
Ed Morrow is really good guys.

You been going to practice?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »
You been going to practice?

No, but I watch a lot of basketball and have seen him play a lot.  He is really good and pretty much exactly what this team has been missing for the last half decade.  A vicious rebounder and who is fearless in the paint on both offense and defense.  The perfect traditional 4.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.