[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ‘I Can’t Breathe’: 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired After Black Man Dies in Custody  (Read 34050 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
https://twitter.com/midmichigannow/status/1266907736735956996?s=21 Glimmer of Hope.

Leaders lead.  That's the thing.  Formal press conferences feel stuffy and fake because they are. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Elonsmusk

• All American
You douchy douche bag...i can't argue with your "so prove to me you have a solution...." b.s.

No one person has a solution and you (if you went to MU), should be smart enough to understand that. But, in order to play along, here is my stab.

1.Speak out strongly against people like you who seem to believe that a person's actions are purely a result of their skin color. Teach people context, cultural history, understanding, empathy, and instill in others a willingness to be an active part of the solution.
2. Stop cutting educational funding. Invest into the future, especially in historically disadvantaged neighborhoods and school districts..
3. What others (who know much more than i do) have said about police recruiting, training, and expectations re: being regarded as an ally of the neighborhood rather than a force of the law. I don't have the time or energy to say it as succinctly as others have earlier in this thread, but we need to empower all of the good to root out all of the bad. Rather, the police, like out armed services, have allowed a culture to thrive  in which where rank is more important than character, and the law is above the person. Its wrong, and its deeply rooted but addressable.
4. Provide health care as a right rather than a privilege. So much poverty and hardship is a result of the overwhelming weight of healthcare debt. Do not tie healthcare coverage to employment. If anything, today's times show the need to separate these two things. We need to allow people to responsibly manage their health regardless of their employment status.

PPS. I spent the first 6 years of my post-MU life working at a hospital in Lawndale, one of the worst neighborhoods in the country. Let me tell you that the people I met there are some of the most genuine, caring, family oriented people i have ever met. Some of them are/were drug dealers, gang members, etc.. I worked on a trauma unit with mostly gun shot and other violent crimes (read: graphic) victims. The respect and admiration shown towards me by these vulnerable persons strikes a jarring contrast to whatever nonsense you are voicing. These are people who are doing what they understand is necessary to survive. Nothing less. I can tell you that these folks don't "glorify" gangster life, these are kids who don't understand life choices until its too late and the system, and people such as yourself, have given up on them. Many of those given a second chance are able to turn things around. In fact, the majority of our spinal cord injury support team was comprised of former gang members dedicated to helping their community find solutions and to being a voice for change.
Hey tough guy! Awesome post.
As for your “solutions,”:

1) We’ve done this for years.
2) US spends 5th most on education spend per child of any country and is 8-20 times the size of those ahead and behind.
3) This also has been taking place for years.
4) No person in this country is turned away for healthcare. There is Medicaid and if not insured people aren’t turned away.

Yet nothing ever gets better. And things are only getting worse.

As for the rest of your post - Glad to hear people were appreciative of the care you rendered in their time of need. Seems to me most people are grateful to those trying to save someone’s life..not sure that’s noteworthy?

And let’s be clear - I don’t think a person’s skin color makes them bad. I’m saying that there are consequences to decision-making and behavior. 

For example, if you don’t have an education, have limited earning potential, perhaps you should consider birth control/not have a kid, much less lots of kids?  This is where the problem begins. It is simply irresponsible. And it is a major problem in our inner cities/black community. But wait, to say something like that is racist, right? 

If poverty is the root of all evil, and hence the catalyst for committing violent crimes - then why in the F are people with the least education and least means having the most kids? 

I truly feel sad as I see young Moms pushing their baby strollers down the sidewalk with often 2-4 other young kids surrounding her and no Dad in sight. It’s like you know the odds for those kids to make it are stacked so far against them to start - through no fault of their own, but instead the reckless decision of their creators.

Of course this happens in other ethnicities as well, but it happens at an exponentially higher rate in the Black community. Perhaps it is cultural as the African proverb goes:  It takes a village to raise a child?  That would apply if you have too many to care for on your own - not enough time and not enough money.

So, you believe it is incumbent on everyone else to fix the problems that ail Black America, whereas I feel it is incumbent upon Black America to fix their own problems. Clearly the intervention and efforts of the past aren’t working. 

wadesworld

• All American

2) US spends 5th most on education spend per child of any country and is 8-20 times the size of those ahead and behind.
4) No person in this country is turned away for healthcare. There is Medicaid and if not insured people aren’t turned away.

As for the rest of your post - Glad to hear people were appreciative of the care you rendered in their time of need. Seems to me most people are grateful to those trying to save someone’s life..not sure that’s noteworthy?

And let’s be clear - I don’t think a person’s skin color makes them bad. I’m saying that there are consequences to decision-making and behavior. 

For example, if you don’t have an education, have limited earning potential, perhaps you should consider birth control/not have a kid, much less lots of kids?  This is where the problem begins. It is simply irresponsible. And it is a major problem in our inner cities/black community. But wait, to say something like that is racist, right? 

If poverty is the root of all evil, and hence the catalyst for committing violent crimes - then why in the F are people with the least education and least means having the most kids? 

I truly feel sad as I see young Moms pushing their baby strollers down the sidewalk with often 2-4 other young kids surrounding her and no Dad in sight. It’s like you know the odds for those kids to make it are stacked so far against them to start - through no fault of their own, but instead the reckless decision of their creators.

Of course this happens in other ethnicities as well, but it happens at an exponentially higher rate in the Black community. Perhaps it is cultural as the African proverb goes:  It takes a village to raise a child?  That would apply if you have too many to care for on your own - not enough time and not enough money.

So, you believe it is incumbent on everyone else to fix the problems that ail Black America, whereas I feel it is incumbent upon Black America to fix their own problems. Clearly the intervention and efforts of the past aren’t working.

So you believe black people are poor so they shouldn’t have kids?

Holy sh!t.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
Let's check in on Bob Kroll, President of Minneapolis Police Union (There are a lot of Bob Kroll's in other cities too)

https://m.startribune.com/amid-attention-and-controversy-minneapolis-police-union-head-has-no-regrets/564290012/

Elonsmusk

• All American
I didn't read the rest of the thread after this total garbage show. 

I am going to assume you have been dunked on so much since this post.

You're a tone deaf racist white dude who doesn't know it, or openly accepts it.

I wish nothing but the worst for you, and I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Guess this is what happens when the facts aren’t your friend. I wish you all the best Hards. Same with MU82. Same with Wadesworld. Sorry that some real talk and debate has you guys:

#triggered

wadesworld

• All American
Guess this is what happens when the facts aren’t your friend. I wish you all the best Hards. Same with MU82. Same with Wadesworld. Sorry that some real talk and debate has you guys:

#triggered

Yes, dumbass racism triggers me. Why we see what we’re seeing in this country is because of attitudes like yours.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
So you believe black people are poor so they shouldn’t have kids?

Holy sh!t.

No. I believe poor people shouldn’t have kids.

It’s already been established poverty is the catalyst for violent crime. If you want violent crime to end and systemic racism to end - poverty needs to end.

MU82

• All American

#triggered

You're not worth it.

Your emperor is lucky to have you as an easily conned, fellow racist sycophant.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
Perhaps it's time to stop arguing with the guy who either is a white supremacist or just likes aping their talking points.

WarriorDad

• All American
Last night in my city it was the local Youth Liberation Front, an anarchist group of white dudes who think Bernie is too moderate. Looting the Apple store, Louis Vuitton, Target, Nordstrom Rack. You know, for George Floyd. Nothing instigated by the police either, just wanton destruction. Went and saw it today, it was bad. Ready for more tonight. On both sides there are extremists using the unrest to carry out senseless violence and destruction. Sickening.

In Atlanta, what does looting the College Football HOF achieve for social justice?  What did setting a Chase branch on fire advance?

As I said, there will be far left and far right that do this.  The group you are describing is far left.  Let me guess, you live in Seattle?  They are big in the Northwest. 

What FORGETFUL said was White Nationalists were doing this.  38 of the 45 arrested May 29th and early May 30th in Minneapolis were from Minnesota and most were not white.   The mayor is now saying no one arrested was from Minnesota?  You can go directly to the Sheriff's website to see who was booked, what race, gender, age of the arrested.  FORGETFUL seems to be ignoring that both sides are doing this, the far right and the far left.  Been going on for years. 

Here is the database to search who has been arrested.  https://jailroster.hennepin.us/JailRosterOnline/jail-roster

This just came out of Dallas - these people hurt / killed this man for defending his shop.  All in the name of George.  It doesn't look like this shop owner is breathing either and I can imagine him saying I can't breathe.  These people doing the beating up I don't think are white nationalists as a hunch.  What a tragedy and more of that to come.  The authorities cannot allow this to continue.  Reminding me of 1968 all over again.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1266929563046576128?s=20

Edited:  Include searchable database of those arrested and a correction
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:41:45 PM by WarriorDad »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Elonsmusk

• All American
Yes, dumbass racism triggers me. Why we see what we’re seeing in this country is because of attitudes like yours.

Except I’m not racist. I’m a realist. I understand there are racists in this world - racists exists in all racial groups.

If I were a “racist” I wouldn’t have hired nearly as many minorities into my former business. Would not have been a Big Brother for 7 years in Big Brother program. Nor in my former business, would I have donated generously to numerous charities dedicated to raising money for minority causes.

And for what it’s worth, EVERY time I pass a “bum” on the streets asking for money, I give them some - even though I have little.

I’m 100% comfortable with how I’ve treated POC in my life and I’ve had some of these same discussions with them. Sometimes the discussions got heated, but they were real.

Mucubfan

• Walk-On

1. No we have not. If we had done so, and done so well, I would not be having this argument. The 60 years since supposed real change on racial equality pales in comparison to the damage done in the 100+ years prior and the b.s. policies that, again, provide fancy talking points(ie separate but"equal") but do nothing to change the deep rooted racism that remains pervasive.
2. Educational spending does not equal investment into impoverished communities. How much of the spending in on private education? For every dollar spent on education for a white child from 5-22, how much is spent on an african american? Without looking, i can tell you without a doubt that it is not close. LEARN HOW ECONOMICS WORK.
3. Weird- black people keep getting murdered by police officers... I guess we should just keep doing what we are doing since we have been doing it the right way "for years"
4. OMFG- proving emergent care in the E.R. is NOT THE SAME as providing health care as a right. People on Medicaid are required to be poor! So your message is, go ahead and be poor and you can be on medicaid and then covered. Don't try to move up, because if you have health care costs, we will just knock you back down to the ranks of the poor, then we will cover your costs.

Decision making and poor behavior is not instinctive. It is the result of your upbringing. That is the result of your caregivers upbringing. And their upbringing the result of their caregivers...

All of us non-millionaires should decide to become millionaires. Take control of middle class america and decide to become the 0.1%. It is apparently up to us.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:44:16 PM by Mucubfan »

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Let’s hear your solution then. Solve the problem.

P.S. I live in a building that is over 60% black and am exposed daily and see the disregard many have for public property/common areas, including in my building. Defacing. Littering. Smoking. Piss in elevators. Music at obnoxious levels. It’s really pleasant bro.

Why do I live here?  Lost my ass on a business I started 8 years ago..so choose to live cheap AF to make up what I lost.

I suspect your pretty boy Barrington views would change if you actually did live it on the daily.

Calling others racist is such a f’in cop out and the most lazy intellectual and overplayed talking point of the liberal left.

So yea. I get wanting to “make it out.”  But when I do, thankfully I don’t have to get called a sell out or Uncle Tom or not being hood enough, Black enough, for striving and working my ass off for better. Name one other culture that glorifies the aforementioned?

Sad the hood element of Black community glorifies gangster life, speaking poorly, not getting an education.   The true victims in all of this are those Blacks who did make it out through their hard work and discipline.

Trust me, they want nothing to do with the hood and sure AF don’t live there, nor want to. And they also know that success in America is possible  Yet I can agree that it is more difficult due to what I referenced above.
You also played high school basketball too. So there’s that...

withoutbias

• All American
So I guess Ners exposed himself, and boy is it ugly.

🏀

• All American
No. I believe poor people shouldn’t have kids.

It’s already been established poverty is the catalyst for violent crime. If you want violent crime to end and systemic racism to end - poverty needs to end.

Holy unnatural carnal knowledge dude, you serious right now?

Please ban this guy

Jables1604

• Team Captain
ners, didn’t you hear? MAGA loves “the blacks.”

MU82

• All American
"I would love to be a well-educated black."

-- Donald F. Trump Ners
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Saw this live. This is what it’s all about and unnatural carnal knowledge those trying to hijack for their own purposes:  https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1266922958888464384
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

WarriorDad

• All American
"I would love to be a well-educated black."

-- Donald F. Trump Ners

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

-- Joe Biden

This is where you and I differ.  I don't think you are capable of seeing it when our side does it, but we do it too, but often in different ways.  Or we get a pass when we do it.

Malcom X was right when he said the white liberal is perhaps the worst thing to happen to African Americans.  "The white Liberal differs from the white Conservative only in one way; the Liberal is more deceitful, more hypocritical, than the Conservative. Both want power, but the White Liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as our friend and benefactor and by winning the friendship and support of us, the White Liberal is able to use us as a pawn or a weapon in this political football game, that is constantly raging, between the White Liberals and the White Conservatives. We are nothing, but a political football."

-- Malcom X 1963.   What a brilliant man. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:19:09 PM by WarriorDad »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

-- Joe Biden

This is where you and I differ.  I don't think you are capable of seeing it when our side does it, but we do it too, but often in different ways.  Or we get a pass when we do it.

Malcom X was right when he said the white liberal is perhaps the worst thing to happen to African Americans.  "The white Liberal differs from the white Conservative only in one way; the Liberal is more deceitful, more hypocritical, than the Conservative. Both want power, but the White Liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as our friend and benefactor and by winning the friendship and support of us, the White Liberal is able to use us as a pawn or a weapon in this political football game, that is constantly raging, between the White Liberals and the White Conservatives. We are nothing, but a political football."

The white liberal in 1963 is a white conservative today.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
This.

vogue65

• All American

I disagree with you and Warriordad.

A liberal is a liberal, there are no black liberals or white liberals.
A conservative is a conservative, same, same.

wadesworld

• All American

-- Joe Biden

Aren’t you a white liberal?

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
I disagree with you and Warriordad.

A liberal is a liberal, there are no black liberals or white liberals.
A conservative is a conservative, same, same.
You would be correct if liberal/democrat and conservative/republican were not being used interchangeably for decades.

feedback