[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ‘I Can’t Breathe’: 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired After Black Man Dies in Custody  (Read 34026 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
I first heard of him when he was a Bernie Bro in 2016.

To be fair, i would call him a Bernie Unit.  Dude is huge.

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
I would purport that poverty is a function of broken households, substance abuse, and lack of education.  We've got affirmative action, special loan and grants programs available to minorities..for the better part of 40 years, yet things have seemingly gotten worse.  What also doesn't get said enough is that there are millions of successful Blacks in America.  It isn't some kind of impossibility.  Yet from your perspective, your beliefs perpetuate this notion of the "system" being stacked against blacks.  Your belief creates the belief among Blacks that if they don't get a job, get fired, etc., it must be because they are Black.  What an awful narrative to perpetuate.

For real?  At some point, perhaps after 200 years from the time of the development being "stunted by Western influence" a continent should be able to recover.  Or do you just feel the African continent isn't capable?  So this day Anglos are responsible for the corruption and poverty in all of those countries with higher rates of killing by police?

Quite frankly it is people with the point of view of you and forgetful that are the Racists.  You don't believe Blacks can succeed on their own without artificial stimulus.  Yet there are far too many whom have succeeded, which therefore renders your position wrong, ignorant and racist.

My first post and I may get banned.

I don’t know if Elon has literally ever spent any time in a predominantly low-income black neighborhood. I suspect not, but people can put all sorts of blinders on, so who knows. The point is this:

There is a reason why the term, “made it out” is frequently used when referring to successful African Americans from these neighborhoods. They are set up for failure. Bad schools, terrible job opportunities, lack of generational family structure, etc.  I don’t give two rats asses about loan and grant programs, which sound great on face but without true reform will provide minimal lasting socio-economic improvements in this setting. Great sound bites and failsafe argument bait, but like throwing cups of water at a house fire.

Lack of education..yes. A lack of education would be associated with violent crimes. Why is there a lack of education? Is it centuries of institutional racism that have lead to underfunding of urban public school systems? 100%. Do I feel that in Barrington Illinois, where I am happy to have my property taxes hiked so that my kids can have better facilities, teachers, and experiences? No. Is that realistic in Chicago? Are the elites  in lakeview happy to have their taxes raised so that the CPL can make improvements? No, bc the vast majority of those families are sending their kids to private schools.

No one has to convince the black community that they have an excuse, or perpetuate a narrative as you say. There is truth and there is spin. If black folks can’t get a job, it could very well be because they haven’t had the education, the mentorship, the privilege of many of us. It could also be straight up racism. But in reality, it’s not either or, it’s all of the above. No one making excuses, just examining the situation.

Also, your an pretty boy.

Ban me now

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Ahh the classic “you don’t agree with me, so you’re sheltered and closed minded and don’t know AA people like I do. And if you do present legit counter arguments, I’ll ignore them and say I’m not here to argue like I’ve done countless times”

You’re right, you don’t argue. You talk down to everyone in here except those that re-articulate one of your exact points.

“I have most of you on ignore...but I’m here for intelligent and open minded discussion”. You’re a riot, no pun intended. Thank you for blessing us with your wisdom and experience, I’d never be able to have a true AA point of view without you spoon feeding it to me.

In other news, even if you don’t always agree with him politically or ideologically, Killer Mike is the man. Incredible innovative musician, no BS champion for his community and his beliefs, and someone you’d love to have in your corner

This is pretty spot on. I have had privilege to work on a few projects with Killer Mike over the past 7 years that afforded me the opportunity to share a few beers, smoke a few joints and talk about all sorts of things. He's an extremely proud, pragmatic, driven, and gracious man who thinks of the greater good and his lasting impact in almost everything he does. I don't agree with everything he does but I will always listen - just as he always listens too when people have thoughtful, even if differing, opinions.
But I like to throw handfuls...

D'Lo Brown

• All American
To be fair, i would call him a Bernie Unit.  Dude is huge.

Luckily Bernie is mostly bones & not much meat.

reinko

• All American

I don’t know if Elon has literally ever spent any time in a predominantly low-income black neighborhood. I suspect not, but people can put all sorts of blinders on, so who knows. The point is this:

There is a reason why the term, “made it out” is frequently used when referring to successful African Americans from these neighborhoods. They are set up for failure. Bad schools, terrible job opportunities, lack of generational family structure, etc.  I don’t give two rats asses about loan and grant programs, which sound great on face but without true reform will provide minimal lasting socio-economic improvements in this setting. Great sound bites and failsafe argument bait, but like throwing cups of water at a house fire.

Lack of education..yes. A lack of education would be associated with violent crimes. Why is there a lack of education? Is it centuries of institutional racism that have lead to underfunding of urban public school systems? 100%. Do I feel that in Barrington Illinois, where I am happy to have my property taxes hiked so that my kids can have better facilities, teachers, and experiences? No. Is that realistic in Chicago? Are the elites  in lakeview happy to have their taxes raised so that the CPL can make improvements? No, bc the vast majority of those families are sending their kids to private schools.

No one has to convince the black community that they have an excuse, or perpetuate a narrative as you say. There is truth and there is spin. If black folks can’t get a job, it could very well be because they haven’t had the education, the mentorship, the privilege of many of us. It could also be straight up racism. But in reality, it’s not either or, it’s all of the above. No one making excuses, just examining the situation.

Ban me now

F a ban.  Make this guy a mod

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
So we have Ners our here parroting white  supremacist talking points. 2020 had been weird.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American

Ban me now

Let’s hear your solution then. Solve the problem.

P.S. I live in a building that is over 60% black and am exposed daily and see the disregard many have for public property/common areas, including in my building. Defacing. Littering. Smoking. Piss in elevators. Music at obnoxious levels. It’s really pleasant bro.

Why do I live here?  Lost my ass on a business I started 8 years ago..so choose to live cheap AF to make up what I lost.

I suspect your pretty boy Barrington views would change if you actually did live it on the daily.

Calling others racist is such a f’in cop out and the most lazy intellectual and overplayed talking point of the liberal left.

So yea. I get wanting to “make it out.”  But when I do, thankfully I don’t have to get called a sell out or Uncle Tom or not being hood enough, Black enough, for striving and working my ass off for better. Name one other culture that glorifies the aforementioned?

Sad the hood element of Black community glorifies gangster life, speaking poorly, not getting an education.   The true victims in all of this are those Blacks who did make it out through their hard work and discipline.

Trust me, they want nothing to do with the hood and sure AF don’t live there, nor want to. And they also know that success in America is possible  Yet I can agree that it is more difficult due to what I referenced above.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83

P.S. I live in a building that is over 60% black and am exposed daily and see the disregard many have for public property/common areas, including in my building. Defacing. Littering. Smoking. Piss in elevators. Music at obnoxious levels. It’s really pleasant bro.

Why do I live here?  Lost my ass on a business I started 8 years ago..so choose to live cheap AF to make up what I lost.

I suspect your pretty boy Barrington views would change if you actually did live it on the daily.

Calling others racist is such a f’in cop out and the most lazy intellectual and overplayed talking point of the liberal left.

So yea. I get wanting to “make it out.”  But when I do, thankfully I don’t have to get called a sell out or Uncle Tom or not being hood enough, Black enough, for striving and working my ass off for better. Name one other culture that glorifies the aforementioned?

Sad the hood element of Black community glorifies gangster life, speaking poorly, not getting an education.   The true victims in all of this are those Blacks who did make it out through their hard work and discipline.

Trust me, they want nothing to do with the hood and sure AF don’t live there, nor want to. And they also know that success in America is possible  Yet I can agree that it is more difficult due to what I referenced above.

Seriously Ners you really need to stop this. You are making yourself look like a complete crackpot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

reinko

• All American

Go off king

Elonsmusk

• All American
Seriously Ners you really need to stop this. You are making yourself look like a complete crackpot.

Lol. Just speaking the truth Sultan. Really wish what I just posted wasn’t my truth...or true. But, it is. Perhaps living as I do for the past 3 years has made me a crackpot. I know it definitely has colored my views. No pun intended.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
St. Paul mayor said all of those arrested last night were from out of state.

Numerous reports of white supremicists looking to start a race war.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
I first heard of him when he was a Bernie Bro in 2016.

One of the few things I disagree with Killer on.

Elonsmusk

• All American

That’s odd. Just the opposite reported on local news in Minneapolis/St Paul. See attached.

Wonder if those reports you heard were rumors?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

You really think that the 6 inch mafia, the dudes with the wooden guns, and all of the other jokes made open the reopen protesters are smart enough to coordinate a race war? 

Antifa, yes.
The stars and bars brigade, not so much.

Mucubfan

• Walk-On

You douchy douche bag...i can't argue with your "so prove to me you have a solution...." b.s.

No one person has a solution and you (if you went to MU), should be smart enough to understand that. But, in order to play along, here is my stab.

1.Speak out strongly against people like you who seem to believe that a person's actions are purely a result of their skin color. Teach people context, cultural history, understanding, empathy, and instill in others a willingness to be an active part of the solution.
2. Stop cutting educational funding. Invest into the future, especially in historically disadvantaged neighborhoods and school districts..
3. What others (who know much more than i do) have said about police recruiting, training, and expectations re: being regarded as an ally of the neighborhood rather than a force of the law. I don't have the time or energy to say it as succinctly as others have earlier in this thread, but we need to empower all of the good to root out all of the bad. Rather, the police, like out armed services, have allowed a culture to thrive  in which where rank is more important than character, and the law is above the person. Its wrong, and its deeply rooted but addressable.
4. Provide health care as a right rather than a privilege. So much poverty and hardship is a result of the overwhelming weight of healthcare debt. Do not tie healthcare coverage to employment. If anything, today's times show the need to separate these two things. We need to allow people to responsibly manage their health regardless of their employment status.

PPS. I spent the first 6 years of my post-MU life working at a hospital in Lawndale, one of the worst neighborhoods in the country. Let me tell you that the people I met there are some of the most genuine, caring, family oriented people i have ever met. Some of them are/were drug dealers, gang members, etc.. I worked on a trauma unit with mostly gun shot and other violent crimes (read: graphic) victims. The respect and admiration shown towards me by these vulnerable persons strikes a jarring contrast to whatever nonsense you are voicing. These are people who are doing what they understand is necessary to survive. Nothing less. I can tell you that these folks don't "glorify" gangster life, these are kids who don't understand life choices until its too late and the system, and people such as yourself, have given up on them. Many of those given a second chance are able to turn things around. In fact, the majority of our spinal cord injury support team was comprised of former gang members dedicated to helping their community find solutions and to being a voice for change.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Ban me now

Epic first post. And spot on.

4everwarriors

• All American

Ban ewe? C'mon man yur preachin' ta da choir heer, hey?

Ban me now

Ban ewe? C'mon man yur preachin' ta da choir heer, hey?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:13:19 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American

Ban me now

Out-effing-standing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
Here's what people don't want to come out and say.  There is a problem within Black America that has it committing exponentially more violent crime than any other race...which of course leads to more police encounters. There is racism and there is realism. 

Violent crime = Murder, Rape, Robbery, Aggravated Assault.  The numbers:

Percentage of U.S population = Black:  13.4% in 2019
Percentage of total violent crimes in US committed by Blacks?  37.5%

You commit the worst crimes, you end up in jail.  This isn't "unfair policing" or incarceration.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

The U.S has the 33rd highest rate of killing by police per 10 million persons.  The countries that comprise 1-32..virtually all are in South America/Africa.  Is the evil white man to blame there too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Of course the above facts never get reported on the news as in some twisted way that would be considered "racist." 

Last thought, if white people are so evil and the devil, why is that immigration into Anglo societies exponentially exceeds that into countries of other races?  Does saying this make me a "racist white supremacist?"  Or again, is it simply realism?

I didn't read the rest of the thread after this total garbage show. 

I am going to assume you have been dunked on so much since this post.

You're a tone deaf racist white dude who doesn't know it, or openly accepts it.

I wish nothing but the worst for you, and I mean that with every fiber of my being.

wadesworld

• All American

Good God.

Please go watch 13th on Netflix.  You need some perspective.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
You douchy douche bag...i can't argue with your "so prove to me you have a solution...." b.s.

No one person has a solution and you (if you went to MU), should be smart enough to understand that. But, in order to play along, here is my stab.

1.Speak out strongly against people like you who seem to believe that a person's actions are purely a result of their skin color. Teach people context, cultural history, understanding, empathy, and instill in others a willingness to be an active part of the solution.
2. Stop cutting educational funding. Invest into the future, especially in historically disadvantaged neighborhoods and school districts..
3. What others (who know much more than i do) have said about police recruiting, training, and expectations re: being regarded as an ally of the neighborhood rather than a force of the law. I don't have the time or energy to say it as succinctly as others have earlier in this thread, but we need to empower all of the good to root out all of the bad. Rather, the police, like out armed services, have allowed a culture to thrive  in which where rank is more important than character, and the law is above the person. Its wrong, and its deeply rooted but addressable.
4. Provide health care as a right rather than a privilege. So much poverty and hardship is a result of the overwhelming weight of healthcare debt. Do not tie healthcare coverage to employment. If anything, today's times show the need to separate these two things. We need to allow people to responsibly manage their health regardless of their employment status.

PPS. I spent the first 6 years of my post-MU life working at a hospital in Lawndale, one of the worst neighborhoods in the country. Let me tell you that the people I met there are some of the most genuine, caring, family oriented people i have ever met. Some of them are/were drug dealers, gang members, etc.. I worked on a trauma unit with mostly gun shot and other violent crimes (read: graphic) victims. The respect and admiration shown towards me by these vulnerable persons strikes a jarring contrast to whatever nonsense you are voicing. These are people who are doing what they understand is necessary to survive. Nothing less. I can tell you that these folks don't "glorify" gangster life, these are kids who don't understand life choices until its too late and the system, and people such as yourself, have given up on them. Many of those given a second chance are able to turn things around. In fact, the majority of our spinal cord injury support team was comprised of former gang members dedicated to helping their community find solutions and to being a voice for change.

The best poster on Scoop.

We have had very similar interactions and relationships with people from inner cities.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

MU82

• All American
So here we always thought that Ners was just an annoying Derrick Wilson hater who thought the fact he could dunk in high school (allegedly) made him smarter about basketball even than most D1 basketball coaches.

Turns out his racial views lie somewhere between those of Al Campanis and Jason Kessler.

Keep posting, Ners ... at least until you get your next lifetime ban. It's good for the rest of us to be reminded often what kind of person you are.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson