[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ‘I Can’t Breathe’: 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired After Black Man Dies in Custody  (Read 34080 times)

vogue65

• All American
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxyMu5gYO-/?igshid=u0dwryvxdnux

You apparently don't know your history.
Try starting with the Pullman strike, the Irish potato famine, 1937 UAW strike and riot, 1863 draft riots, 1968 Chicago Police Riot, 1891 New Orleans 11 Italians killed by mob.  Riots are not my strong suit, but there have been plenty of white riots, just not recently.

JWags85

• All American
Not so, perhaps my points are too radical, too different, too outside the Scoop box.  I don't care if you understand me, I don't try and win any useless arguments.   I have most of you on ignore anyway. 

I listen to your small minded, argumentative, defensive, blathering.  Mostly baseless talking points, white culture attitudes and just let it go.  No need to argue. 

Keep up with the stale points of view.  Keep living in your echo chamber, argue with your selves, I don't argue, thank you very much.

I have been very fortunate to have worked for 25 years witin an organization which was half black.   I'm retired and I miss my black co-workers and the black culture.  Some blacks don't like white folks, some blacks don't like other blacks, some blacks didn't like me, that's life.   Some blacks were Republicans, some didn't vote,  all had hightened intuition about people. 

Where I look to argue for the sake of arguing is beyond me.  To share ideas, experiences, knowledge, I  get, to argue, I don't  get.  It takes two to argue or a few more to bullie. 

Please, but me on ignore if you think I  want to argue, if my views bother you.  That would end your discomfort.

If you have something new to say, please say it, I'm all ears.

Ahh the classic “you don’t agree with me, so you’re sheltered and closed minded and don’t know AA people like I do. And if you do present legit counter arguments, I’ll ignore them and say I’m not here to argue like I’ve done countless times”

You’re right, you don’t argue. You talk down to everyone in here except those that re-articulate one of your exact points.

“I have most of you on ignore...but I’m here for intelligent and open minded discussion”. You’re a riot, no pun intended. Thank you for blessing us with your wisdom and experience, I’d never be able to have a true AA point of view without you spoon feeding it to me.

In other news, even if you don’t always agree with him politically or ideologically, Killer Mike is the man. Incredible innovative musician, no BS champion for his community and his beliefs, and someone you’d love to have in your corner

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Ahh the classic “you don’t agree with me, so you’re sheltered and closed minded and don’t know AA people like I do. And if you do present legit counter arguments, I’ll ignore them and say I’m not here to argue like I’ve done countless times”

You’re right, you don’t argue. You talk down to everyone in here except those that re-articulate one of your exact points.

Yep. Call it arguing, or call it talking down to people. Either way, it really is sad to see someone so desperately in need of validation.

forgetful

• All American
Here's what people don't want to come out and say.  There is a problem within Black America that has it committing exponentially more violent crime than any other race...which of course leads to more police encounters. There is racism and there is realism. 

Congrats on going to White-Nationalist talking points.

Here is realism and fact for you. If you do a cross-sectional analysis of crime in America. What you find is that the incidence of violent crime is race-blind. What dictates increased rates of violent crime is poverty.

In poor desperate neighborhoods, violent crime rates are high, and it is universal regardless of the color of your skin.

It is true, that due to centuries of systemic racism, that African Americans suffer poverty more often in our nation. That is a sad reality.

vogue65

• All American

Yep. Call it arguing, or call it talking down to people. Either way, it really is sad to see someone so desperately in need of validation.

Talking down to some of you is really easy.
Where does validation come from?
That's a new one on me.
Just because some people have more life experiences, education, body of knowledge or insight does not mean they have to act like a dummy.

The latest, Queens, Flushing is boarding up in anticipation of a night of mob violence.
NYPD will be half its normal size next year because of lack of funds from Covid and tax losses.
The chickens are comming home to roost.

Now, is that talking down?
Is that a cry for validation?
Is that argumentative?

You tell me.

jficke13

• All American
You apparently don't know your history.
Try starting with the Pullman strike, the Irish potato famine, 1937 UAW strike and riot, 1863 draft riots, 1968 Chicago Police Riot, 1891 New Orleans 11 Italians killed by mob.  Riots are not my strong suit, but there have been plenty of white riots, just not recently.

I really don't think as many people here are matching the aggressive rhetoric as you think. The usual suspects are trolling, but everyone else is pretty much on the same side of this one. You're swinging at people you agree with here.

vogue65

• All American

Here is realism and fact for you. If you do a cross-sectional analysis of crime in America. What you find is that the incidence of violent crime is race-blind. What dictates increased rates of violent crime is poverty.

In poor desperate neighborhoods, violent crime rates are high, and it is universal regardless of the color of your skin.

It is true, that due to centuries of systemic racism, that African Americans suffer poverty more often in our nation. That is a sad reality.

Thank you.

vogue65

• All American
I really don't think as many people here are matching the aggressive rhetoric as you think. The usual suspects are trolling, but everyone else is pretty much on the same side of this one. You're swinging at people you agree with here.

If so, sorry.
Yes, I have been swinging very hard.  Not good for my Afib.
There are only a few topics that get me going and this is one.
I'LL have to let some of the high balls go.
Thanks

vogue65

• All American

“I have most of you on ignore...but I’m here for intelligent and open minded discussion”. You’re a riot, no pun intended. Thank you for blessing us with your wisdom and experience, I’d never be able to have a true AA point of view without you spoon feeding it to me.

In other news, even if you don’t always agree with him politically or ideologically, Killer Mike is the man. Incredible innovative musician, no BS champion for his community and his beliefs, and someone you’d love to have in your corner

You got that right.  No argument from me.

Pakuni

• All American
Here's what people don't want to come out and say.  There is a problem within Black America that has it committing exponentially more violent crime than any other race...which of course leads to more police encounters. There is racism and there is realism. 

Hey guys, we've found the white supremacist
Oh, wait ... I mean the "race realist." Isn't that what Richard Spencer preaches also? I bet you're also big on human biodiversity, aren't you?

foregetful already has pointed out most of your stupidity - and make no mistake, your beliefs are stupid. Not just wrong, but lacking in intelligence.

But something forgetful didn't address was your list of countries with more killings by police ... of the 31 above the U.S., every one is a poor, third world country wracked by corruption and poverty. Nations absolutely none of us what ours to be associated with you (well, maybe you?). The nations closest to us on that list ... Swaziland, Rwanda, Mexico, Bangladesh, Pakistan. This is the company we're keeping. And you seem to have no problem with it.
Comparing the U.S. to its peers:
U.S. -  28.4 cop killings per 10 million.
Canada - 9.7
France - 3.8
Australia - 1.7
Germany - 1.3
U.K. - 0.5

And yes, in fact, nearly all of the nations' ahead of the U.S. had had their development - past and in some cases present - stunted by Western influences.
Except South Africa. You were spot on when you said white men had nothing to do with that country's struggles.

jficke13

• All American
If so, sorry.
Yes, I have been swinging very hard.  Not good for my Afib.
There are only a few topics that get me going and this is one.
I'LL have to let some of the high balls go.
Thanks

All good man. I know what it's like to get spun up. It's too easy online without vocal inflection and facial cues to misread tone and intent. Been there before, will be there again.

Of all the things to be pissed about though, this is a pretty good one.

vogue65

• All American
All good man. I know what it's like to get spun up. It's too easy online without vocal inflection and facial cues to misread tone and intent. Been there before, will be there again.

Of all the things to be pissed about though, this is a pretty good one.

I have a friend who says I like to poke the bear, he is probably right.

Doesn't basketball seem a very long time ago? 

jficke13

• All American
I have a friend who says I like to poke the bear, he is probably right.

Doesn't basketball seem a very long time ago?

And a very, very, long way away.

Elonsmusk

• All American

I would purport that poverty is a function of broken households, substance abuse, and lack of education.  We've got affirmative action, special loan and grants programs available to minorities..for the better part of 40 years, yet things have seemingly gotten worse.  What also doesn't get said enough is that there are millions of successful Blacks in America.  It isn't some kind of impossibility.  Yet from your perspective, your beliefs perpetuate this notion of the "system" being stacked against blacks.  Your belief creates the belief among Blacks that if they don't get a job, get fired, etc., it must be because they are Black.  What an awful narrative to perpetuate.

Hey guys, we've found the white supremacist
Oh, wait ... I mean the "race realist." Isn't that what Richard Spencer preaches also? I bet you're also big on human biodiversity, aren't you?

foregetful already has pointed out most of your stupidity - and make no mistake, your beliefs are stupid. Not just wrong, but lacking in intelligence.

But something forgetful didn't address was your list of countries with more killings by police ... of the 31 above the U.S., every one is a poor, third world country wracked by corruption and poverty. Nations absolutely none of us what ours to be associated with you (well, maybe you?). The nations closest to us on that list ... Swaziland, Rwanda, Mexico, Bangladesh, Pakistan. This is the company we're keeping. And you seem to have no problem with it.
Comparing the U.S. to its peers:
U.S. -  28.4 cop killings per 10 million.
Canada - 9.7
France - 3.8
Australia - 1.7
Germany - 1.3
U.K. - 0.5

And yes, in fact, nearly all of the nations' ahead of the U.S. had had their development - past and in some cases present - stunted by Western influences.
Except South Africa. You were spot on when you said white men had nothing to do with that country's struggles.

For real?  At some point, perhaps after 200 years from the time of the development being "stunted by Western influence" a continent should be able to recover.  Or do you just feel the African continent isn't capable?  So this day Anglos are responsible for the corruption and poverty in all of those countries with higher rates of killing by police?

Quite frankly it is people with the point of view of you and forgetful that are the Racists.  You don't believe Blacks can succeed on their own without artificial stimulus.  Yet there are far too many whom have succeeded, which therefore renders your position wrong, ignorant and racist. 

Pakuni

• All American
I would purport that poverty is a function of broken households, substance abuse, and lack of education.  We've got affirmative action, special loan and grants programs available to minorities..for the better part of 40 years, yet things have seemingly gotten worse.  What also doesn't get said enough is that there are millions of successful Blacks in America.  It isn't some kind of impossibility.  Yet from your perspective, your beliefs perpetuate this notion of the "system" being stacked against blacks.  Your belief creates the belief among Blacks that if they don't get a job, get fired, etc., it must be because they are Black.  What an awful narrative to perpetuate.

For real?  At some point, perhaps after 200 years from the time of the development being "stunted by Western influence" a continent should be able to recover.  Or do you just feel the African continent isn't capable?  So this day Anglos are responsible for the corruption and poverty in all of those countries with higher rates of killing by police?

Quite frankly it is people with the point of view of you and forgetful that are the Racists.  You don't believe Blacks can succeed on their own without artificial stimulus.  Yet there are far too many whom have succeeded, which therefore renders your position wrong, ignorant and racist.

Your beliefs remain dumb and dangerous.
White rule in Africa ended 200 years ago? Christ, read a history book.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:22:08 PM by Pakuni »

wadesworld

• All American
https://youtu.be/7im330R4d-Q

Something Ners desperately needs to watch. Not that it’ll change anything.

I honestly can’t believe there are educated people that believe everyone has the same chance at success in life in America.

This guy says it better than I can.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
So apparently White Nationalist groups are going in to Minnesota, destroying and looting businesses, particularly black owned businesses, in an organized manner.

Pretty disgusting.

Apparently this is another conspiracy theory that is wrong.  Similar to the claim it was a St Paul cop smashing windows. 

There will be some WN’s as there always are causing problems.  Probably some Antifa members as well.  Those two love to be together.  The astroturfing going on by both sides which has gone on for years and years continues with the blame game.  If you are suggesting white nationalists are the ones behind the the rioting and looting you may want to go back to YouTube and watch the destruction the first three nights.  Those Rioters are not white nationalists.  There may be WNs and Antifa coming in now, but this sounds like another wild crazy Twitter crazed theory. 

Watch the video of the poor African American firefighter in tears as his sports bar is destroyed that he had setup for retirement.  It is gut wrenching.   

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Elonsmusk

• All American
Your beliefs remain dumb and dangerous.

The feeling is mutual Pak. 

https://youtu.be/7im330R4d-Q

Something Ners desperately needs to watch. Not that it’ll change anything.

I honestly can’t believe there are educated people that believe everyone has the same chance at success in life in America.

This guy says it better than I can.

Have seen it.  I understand it.  But you, me, the government can't fix the problem.  People fix their own problems.  When you are born without a father present, that creates a major challenge.  When a woman has multiple children with multiple men, when the men rarely stick around, that creates a problem.  This is true of any race.  Unfortunately, it happens at a greater rate within Black America.  So those kids start the "race" well behind those who have two parent households.  And, the government can't manufacture a two person household.  Further "family values" and religion have been frequently ridiculed by the liberal left.  Both are anchoring mechanisms.

Empathy is great.  But that doesn't get a person anywhere.   In fact, if people consistently feel sorry (which empathy can closely parallel) for a person, that person will always feel they are a victim/can't succeed. 

wadesworld

• All American
The feeling is mutual Pak. 

Have seen it.  I understand it.  But you, me, the government can't fix the problem.  People fix their own problems.  When you are born without a father present, that creates a major challenge.  When a woman has multiple children with multiple men, when the men rarely stick around, that creates a problem.  This is true of any race.  Unfortunately, it happens at a greater rate within Black America.  So those kids start the "race" well behind those who have two parent households.  And, the government can't manufacture a two person household.  Further "family values" and religion have been frequently ridiculed by the liberal left.  Both are anchoring mechanisms.

Empathy is great.  But that doesn't get a person anywhere.   In fact, if people consistently feel sorry (which empathy can closely parallel) for a person, that person will always feel they are a victim/can't succeed.

Yeah, like I said, “not that it’ll help.”

Watch the video of a black man complying with police officers and being choked to death. Watch an unarmed black young adult being chased down by white men and murdered. They are victims. Pull your head out of the sand. Truly unbelievable.

“We” can’t “fix things” for “them.” The government can’t “fix things” for “them.” You know what “we” can do but don’t? “We” can treat “them” like they’re part of “we.” But “we” don’t. “We” just assume that they’re up to no good because black people don’t live in this neighborhood, so “we” assume they were the thieves and “we” take it upon “ourselves” to get “justice” by murdering them.

“We” don’t need to “fix things” for “them.” “We” need to fix things for the “we” and stop pretending it’s not “we” that is the problem, it’s “them” and the violence that “they” just cannot stop themselves from doing. “They” don’t need “we” to feel sorry for them. “They” need to be treated with the minimal amount of respect any human deserves. That’s all “they” need.

Truly unbelievable. You and the many like you that actually think this way are the issue.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:58:04 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

Spot on. Killer Mike IS the man. Everyone shot listen to what he said yesterday.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Spot on. Killer Mike IS the man. Everyone shot listen to what he said yesterday.

His comments yesterday were amazing to listen to.

warriorchick

• All American

I first heard of him when he was a Bernie Bro in 2016.

Have some patience, FFS.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Apparently this is another conspiracy theory that is wrong.  Similar to the claim it was a St Paul cop smashing windows. 

There will be some WN’s as there always are causing problems.  Probably some Antifa members as well.  Those two love to be together.  The astroturfing going on by both sides which has gone on for years and years continues with the blame game.  If you are suggesting white nationalists are the ones behind the the rioting and looting you may want to go back to YouTube and watch the destruction the first three nights.  Those Rioters are not white nationalists.  There may be WNs and Antifa coming in now, but this sounds like another wild crazy Twitter crazed theory. 

Watch the video of the poor African American firefighter in tears as his sports bar is destroyed that he had setup for retirement.  It is gut wrenching.

Last night in my city it was the local Youth Liberation Front, an anarchist group of white dudes who think Bernie is too moderate. Looting the Apple store, Louis Vuitton, Target, Nordstrom Rack. You know, for George Floyd. Nothing instigated by the police either, just wanton destruction. Went and saw it today, it was bad. Ready for more tonight. On both sides there are extremists using the unrest to carry out senseless violence and destruction. Sickening.

In Atlanta, what does looting the College Football HOF achieve for social justice?  What did setting a Chase branch on fire advance?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 05:16:57 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”