collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ‘I Can’t Breathe’: 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired After Black Man Dies in Custody  (Read 34089 times)

MU82

• All American
come on mikey, enough of your hate toward potus.  we know you aren't a fan but quit trolling those who may believe differently.  if potus were to walk out in the rose garden and say stop the stupidity and violence and it were heeded, you guys would still find the hate.  regardless of how hard you push your hate, you aren't going to change many(if any minds) especially during this.  all you guys did was move from criticizing his leadership on covid to now this...go to a meeting or something

Did you watch the video?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
come on mikey, enough of your hate toward potus.  we know you aren't a fan but quit trolling those who may believe differently.  if potus were to walk out in the rose garden and say stop the stupidity and violence and it were heeded, you guys would still find the hate.  regardless of how hard you push your hate, you aren't going to change many(if any minds) especially during this.  all you guys did was move from criticizing his leadership on covid to now this...go to a meeting or something

This coming from someone who still brings up the former POTUS and calls him by Hussein instead of Barack to make a connection to a horrible dictator. Come on rocket you of all people telling someone to lay off the hate of the POTUS is hypocritical.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
This coming from someone who still brings up the former POTUS and calls him by Hussein instead of Barack to make a connection to a horrible dictator. Come on rocket you of all people telling someone to lay off the hate of the POTUS is hypocritical.
Small correction. He calls Obama “Hussein” as a way to continue the myth that he he is Muslim, not because of Iraq’s former leader. Otherwise yes, he is an absolute hypocrite.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
vouge65 .. you are way off base.  No one is saying there aren't victims, no one is saying people don't have the right to protest, no one is saying you can't protest in another city.

Many are there to protest, strengthen, and demand improvements to our society going forward.

It's also clear there are others whose motivation is simply chaos, aimed at destruction and the weakening all of us.

forgetful

• All American
So apparently White Nationalist groups are going in to Minnesota, destroying and looting businesses, particularly black owned businesses, in an organized manner.

Pretty disgusting.

Elonsmusk

• All American

If you mean getting rid of the rascist cops in these cities and the union that protects them, then yes.  I agree with you.

But I doubt that's what you mean.

Lots of corruption in the unions/organized labor. Unions should ultimately be done away with. Collusion isn’t allowed on business side of things. Why should at Will employees have the ability to collude against their employer?

Further, all private sector businesses ultimately are competing for the best talent. Businesses that win and sustain are those who attract and retain the best talent. That doesn’t happen if you exploit and treat your employees poorly.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
At least you are honest about you uncaring attitude. I guess it’s better than feigning interest.

can you read?  not a word about"uncaring"  said i wasn't "invested"  gotta let go and trust those in power to get this thing under control.  in other words, it's out of my hands.  don't try to label me as someone i'm not
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course

yes, i have but not day after day after...and on and on and...even though we got rid of politics section, these covid threads have given many free shots at potus when there is much blame to go around

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Small correction. He calls Obama “Hussein” as a way to continue the myth that he he is Muslim, not because of Iraq’s former leader. Otherwise yes, he is an absolute hypocrite.

another swing and a miss...it's his middle name.  how the hell do you know what's in my head?  is your name "warrior" because you disrespect native americans?  move along, nothing to see here

Elonsmusk

• All American
So apparently White Nationalist groups are going in to Minnesota, destroying and looting businesses, particularly black owned businesses, in an organized manner.

Pretty disgusting.

Agree. Just as disgusting as the “protesters” looting random business with no regard whatsoever for the ownership.

Sadly this was the rare officer involved killing where there was unanimous disgust. Now with what’s happened these rioters/looters only serve to perpetuate the worst of stereotypes (held by some) of Blacks in America. 

MU82

• All American
another swing and a miss...it's his middle name.

ah ... that explains why you always call the current president "john," as you believe that using the middle name is a way to show respect to our chief executive. fair enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

vogue65

• All American
vouge65 .. you are way off base.  No one is saying there aren't victims, no one is saying people don't have the right to protest, no one is saying you can't protest in another city.

Many are there to protest, strengthen, and demand improvements to our society going forward.

It's also clear there are others whose motivation is simply chaos, aimed at destruction and the weakening all of us.

Yes they are.  Not in so many words, but they are.  As I  said, what difference does it make where the demonstrators come from.  You sir are way off base.

My contention is that the "chaos" is a good thing.  If the end, reform, is achieved.  The end justifies the means. 
They/we have tried the Mr. Nice guy approach, it has not worked.  Why not burn some crap buildings? 
Cant hurt, might help.

This is not about Minneapolis or this event it is about the patern of behavior of the police toward black folks, nationally.

It is about the criminal justice system, black incarceration, black unemployment, black health care, black housing, Flint, Ferguson, Atlanta, right to carry, vigilantism,  and police brutality.  It is about a lot more than Minneapolis.

You want me to kiss ass and say it is all about lawless looting.  Well I don't think like a self-righteous,  privileged white dude from suburbia. 

Put another way, I don't live in fear of black people. 

vogue65

• All American

Pretty disgusting.

If true I am very surprised.
My experience with these dress up bikers is that they are cowards and probably scared to death of cops and blacks.
American flag dew rags, black boots, and tattooed they are nothing but all time losers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Yep. Vogue is basically here to argue for the sake of arguing.

reinko

• All American
ah ... that explains why you always call the current president "john," as you believe that using the middle name is a way to show respect to our chief executive. fair enough.

Mt. Rushmore of 2020 posts

reinko

• All American
If true I am very surprised.
My experience with these dress up bikers is that they are cowards and probably scared to death of cops and blacks.
American flag dew rags, black boots, and tattooed they are nothing but all time losers.

You can find many more clips like this:

https://twitter.com/angelanissel/status/1266739446558257152?s=21

This is the darkest timeline

Elonsmusk

• All American
Yes they are.  Not in so many words, but they are.  As I  said, what difference does it make where the demonstrators come from.  You sir are way off base.

My contention is that the "chaos" is a good thing.  If the end, reform, is achieved.  The end justifies the means. 
They/we have tried the Mr. Nice guy approach, it has not worked.  Why not burn some crap buildings? 
Cant hurt, might help.

This is not about Minneapolis or this event it is about the patern of behavior of the police toward black folks, nationally.

It is about the criminal justice system, black incarceration, black unemployment, black health care, black housing, Flint, Ferguson, Atlanta, right to carry, vigilantism,  and police brutality.  It is about a lot more than Minneapolis.

You want me to kiss ass and say it is all about lawless looting.  Well I don't think like a self-righteous,  privileged white dude from suburbia. 

Put another way, I don't live in fear of black people.

Here's what people don't want to come out and say.  There is a problem within Black America that has it committing exponentially more violent crime than any other race...which of course leads to more police encounters. There is racism and there is realism. 

Violent crime = Murder, Rape, Robbery, Aggravated Assault.  The numbers:

Percentage of U.S population = Black:  13.4% in 2019
Percentage of total violent crimes in US committed by Blacks?  37.5%

You commit the worst crimes, you end up in jail.  This isn't "unfair policing" or incarceration.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

The U.S has the 33rd highest rate of killing by police per 10 million persons.  The countries that comprise 1-32..virtually all are in South America/Africa.  Is the evil white man to blame there too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Of course the above facts never get reported on the news as in some twisted way that would be considered "racist." 

Last thought, if white people are so evil and the devil, why is that immigration into Anglo societies exponentially exceeds that into countries of other races?  Does saying this make me a "racist white supremacist?"  Or again, is it simply realism?

reinko

• All American
Here's what people don't want to come out and say.  There is a problem within Black America that has it committing exponentially more violent crime than any other race...which of course leads to more police encounters. There is racism and there is realism. 

You commit the worst crimes, you end up in jail.  This isn't "unfair policing" or incarceration.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

The U.S has the 33rd highest rate of killing by police per 10 million persons.  The countries that comprise 1-32..virtually all are in South America/Africa.  Is the evil white man to blame there too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Of course the above facts never get reported on the news as in some twisted way that would be considered "racist." 

Last thought, if white people are so evil and the devil, why is that immigration into Anglo societies exponentially exceeds that into countries of other races?  Does saying this make me a "racist white supremacist?"  Or again, is it simply realism?

Way to Brita this topic...good christ (I’ve been on a Community binge)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Way to Brita this topic...good christ (I’ve been on a Community binge)

No idea what your point is, but certainly would welcome your criticism/correction of the factual post made above. Please. Go ahead.

wadesworld

• All American
can you read?  not a word about"uncaring"  said i wasn't "invested"  gotta let go and trust those in power to get this thing under control.  in other words, it's out of my hands.  don't try to label me as someone i'm not

The exact attitude of why white males don’t have to worry about being murdered by police while black males do. “I can’t do anything so not my problem!”

It’s everyone’s problem.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
Agree. Just as disgusting as the “protesters” looting random business with no regard whatsoever for the ownership.

Sadly this was the rare officer involved killing where there was unanimous disgust. Now with what’s happened these rioters/looters only serve to perpetuate the worst of stereotypes (held by some) of Blacks in America.

I guess you didn't understand that apparently the "protesters looting" are outside influences affiliated with white nationalists gross. Apparently for the purpose of perpetuating the stereotype you assign to the "protesters". I guess their plan worked for you.

wadesworld

• All American

Yes. It’s all the black people’s fault. If they just comply then bad things don’t happen.

Oh wait...

I honestly shouldn’t be surprised that this is the attitude a huge number of people take given what’s continuing to go on in the country. But it still shocks me. Truly in unbearable. Pull your head out of the sand and open your freaking eyes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

vogue65

• All American

Yep. Vogue is basically here to argue for the sake of arguing.

Not so, perhaps my points are too radical, too different, too outside the Scoop box.  I don't care if you understand me, I don't try and win any useless arguments.   I have most of you on ignore anyway. 

I listen to your small minded, argumentative, defensive, blathering.  Mostly baseless talking points, white culture attitudes and just let it go.  No need to argue. 

Keep up with the stale points of view.  Keep living in your echo chamber, argue with your selves, I don't argue, thank you very much.

I have been very fortunate to have worked for 25 years witin an organization which was half black.   I'm retired and I miss my black co-workers and the black culture.  Some blacks don't like white folks, some blacks don't like other blacks, some blacks didn't like me, that's life.   Some blacks were Republicans, some didn't vote,  all had hightened intuition about people. 

Where I look to argue for the sake of arguing is beyond me.  To share ideas, experiences, knowledge, I  get, to argue, I don't  get.  It takes two to argue or a few more to bullie. 

Please, put me on ignore if you think I  want to argue, if my views bother you.  That would end your discomfort.

If you have something new to say, please say it, I'm all ears.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:28:39 PM by vogue65 »

wadesworld

• All American

vogue65

• All American

What does that have to do with police brutality?

feedback