[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ‘I Can’t Breathe’: 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired After Black Man Dies in Custody  (Read 34082 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
I mean, WTF could this cop be thinking?

@ChrisBishopL1C4: This just happened on live tv. Wow, what a douche bag. https://twitter.com/ChrisBishopL1C4/status/1266546753182056453/video/1

Someone told the cops that the media is the enemy.

vogue65

• All American

Third option. In both Dallas and Los Angeles tonight, lines of police officers got between large groups of people and divided them into smaller groups. It worked quite well actually.

In Minneapolis they have the entire police department plus the National Guard and all they do is run and hide. What was the point of calling out the National Guard if they weren’t going to use them?

That is what NYC does.  It does not work against an organized mob.  They have mobility.  The advantage the police has is leadership, a plan, and communication.  In this case, in 2020, the edge may be lost.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:19:24 PM by vogue65 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
That is what NYC does.  It does not work against an organized mob.  They have mobility.

They have cellphones in LA and Dallas tonight, and the police somehow managed to do it. And I suspect when an angry mob gathers in NYC, they probably have cellphones as well. Are you saying that the people of Minneapolis somehow have a better ability to organize a mob than they do elsewhere?

And again, why would they call out the National Guard if all they were going to do is run and hide?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:20:58 PM by GooooMarquette »

vogue65

• All American

They have cellphones in LA and Dallas tonight, and the police somehow managed to do it. And I suspect when an angry mob gathers in NYC, they probably have cellphones as well. Are you saying that the people of Minneapolis somehow have this great ability to organize a mob on like anywhere else?

And again, why would they call out the National Guard if all they were going to do is run and hide?

NYC uses the streets and cages.  They hurd the mob like cattle. 

The Guard are in reserve, protecting the more valuable assets.  Next move is tanks in the street.???

HutchwasClutch

• All American
That is what NYC does.  It does not work against an organized mob.  They have mobility.  The advantage the police has is leadership, a plan, and communication.  In this case, in 2020, the edge may be lost.

So anarchy will win out in the end.  Anyone who isn’t an anarchist is screwed.  Okey doke.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
NYC uses the streets and cages.  They hurd the mob like cattle. 

The Guard are in reserve, protecting the more valuable assets.  Next move is tanks in the street.???

Tell me why they were able to do it in LA and Dallas tonight. All the protesters have cellphones, and none of the police have street grids like NYC.

As for protecting “valuable assets”...the police building that was torched last night was not a valuable asset? What about the Target store, Cub Foods or AutoZone? What about the Wells Fargo, KMart, Family Dollar and other businesses that are burning tonight?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:36:15 PM by GooooMarquette »

vogue65

• All American
So anarchy will win out in the end.  Anyone who isn’t an anarchist is screwed.  Okey doke.

No, change police culture.  Then there is no need to demonstrate, riot, civil unrest, burn, loot, whatever.
You rember Rummies old tipping point line?   We have reached a tipping point, or next time, or the time after that. 
I remeber Kent State, another tipping point.
The Chicago Dem. Convention, another tipping point.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
No, change police culture.  Then there is no need to demonstrate, riot, civil unrest, burn, loot, whatever.
You rember Rummies old tipping point line?   We have reached a tipping point, or next time, or the time after that. 
I remeber Kent State, another tipping point.
The Chicago Dem. Convention, another tipping point.

Oh, police culture is the genesis of all violent mob behavior.  They own it all. The world was fine until cops came along and effed it all up.

vogue65

• All American
Tell me why they were able to do it in LA and Dallas tonight. All the protesters have cellphones, and none of the police have street grids like NYC.

As for protecting “valuable assets”...the police building that was torched last night was not a valuable asset? What about the Target store, Cub Foods or AutoZone? What about the Wells Fargo bank branch that’s burning tonight?

Chump change, covered by insurance.
Good t.v..
The police station was a dump, but still should have been defended.

The Secret Service uses rings of protection.  Same concept for protection of valuable assets.  A line of police standing shoulder to shoulder is of little use.

I'm Irish, Irish passport.  Remember what they did to the Irish?  Horses.  NYC has dozens of horses.  Now that is intimidating.    I bet Dallas has horses. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Good t.v..

The Secret Service uses rings of protection.  Same concept for protection of valuable assets.  A line of police standing shoulder to shoulder is of little use.

I'm Irish, Irish passport.  Remember what they did to the Irish?  Horses.  NYC has dozens of horses.  Now that is intimidating.    I bet Dallas has horses.

Horses?

Excellent. But yeah - Minneapolis has horses too. Perhaps the officers rode away instead of running.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:46:04 PM by GooooMarquette »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Good t.v..

And you’d say what to the African American firefighter whose life savings started a bar that was burned down in this?  No worries, that’s what insurance is for?

vogue65

• All American
Oh, police culture is the genesis of all violent mob behavior.  They own it all. The world was fine until cops came along and effed it all up.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. 
We are talking about this particular situation.
This police action, the direct cause of the mob behavior.
Mobs form over income inequality, sports, political elections, religion, etc.  Not all about police culture.  However, we are talking about a police action and furthermore,  a pattern of behavior.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
And you’d say what to the African American firefighter whose life savings started a bar that was burned down in this?  No worries, that’s what insurance is for?

I suspect vogue is just messing with us. Every time I respond to one of his claims, he comes up with something else. Street grids, cell phones, now horses.

I’m done with his silly games.

vogue65

• All American

Life is difficult, I hope he has coverage and the policy doesn't have an exemption.   They usually do, that's the insurance industry way. 

vogue65

• All American
I suspect vogue is just messing with us. Every time I respond to one of his claims, he comes up with something else. Street grids, cell phones, now horses.

What do you think the NYC horses are for?  Tourist photography?  No, they are for riot control going back to the Irish riots with the Protestants.   Sad but true, it's history.   Before my time, but they are still around.   Do they have horses in the Milwaukee P.D.?

HutchwasClutch

• All American

Agree.

Lots of good insight on this Goooo.Have a good night

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
You have two choices, retreat or attack.  Take your pick.

The tactics employed by police for crowd control don't work anymore.  That's why the World Economic Forums are held in out of the way places and are planned for a year in advance. 

Read, Among Thugs, good read, funny, it's about the soccer hooligans in the '80's.
It was a game of rioting in Europe.  However, old news.

Unless the police go to violence, live fire, there is really little they can do.   Too many people, too many cell phones, too many streets.  And there are lots of guns in the possession of the rioters.   I saw Molotov cocktails, fireworks, battering rams, some serious offense.   In NYC they use divide and conquer, that does not work here.

Next move may be water cannons, and tanks, but that does not look good on international t.v..

This country is a tinderbox, the solution is to change the criminal justice system, the training of police, and the patrol manuals.

Among the thugs.   Great book.

JWags85

• All American
What do you think the NYC horses are for?  Tourist photography?  No, they are for riot control going back to the Irish riots with the Protestants.   Sad but true, it's history.   Before my time, but they are still around.   Do they have horses in the Milwaukee P.D.?

Horses offer better sight lines for mounted officers and also allow officers to be seen, which is effective in policing. You can also ride a horse through narrow streets or a throng of people.  They are very effective with crowd control, but not explicitly riots as you imply. You can keep a parade hemmed in or on track with mounted police. Drunk people might hop on the hood of a car or otherwise disregard a slow moving cruiser, but a horse that can and will kick you in the face if you get in it’s space is an effective deterrent.

TLDR: mounted police have tons of pragmatic use, not just some riot stomping intimidation tactic

DegenerateDish

• All American
Pentagon has ordered military police to be ready for deployment to Minneapolis.

Saturday could potentially be the most chaotic day this week across America. I have a bad feeling about this.

Warriors4ever

• All American
In a FB group I am in, a woman who works in a dental office in Minneapolis posted that basically the police appear to have gone on ‘strike’. She said that they do not appear to be under the control or command of either the mayor or the chief. She said they are upset that the four officers were immediately fired, and furious at comments by the governor and the mayor, and so they basically have gone on strike. People nowhere near the riot area  are boarding up.

🏀

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Unless we make changes in who is running these major cites.

If you mean getting rid of the rascist cops in these cities and the union that protects them, then yes.  I agree with you.

But I doubt that's what you mean.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
In a FB group I am in, a woman who works in a dental office in Minneapolis posted that basically the police appear to have gone on ‘strike’. She said that they do not appear to be under the control or command of either the mayor or the chief. She said they are upset that the four officers were immediately fired, and furious at comments by the governor and the mayor, and so they basically have gone on strike. People nowhere near the riot area  are boarding up.

i doubt the police are against the firing of chauvin, probably to be followed by the other 3.  they should be greatfull as those 4 have cast all cops in a terrible light.  we have "bad people" involved in all aspects of our lives.  doctors, teachers,  fire, police.  either this "woman" is terribly misguided and has some bad info or the tear gas has gotten to her.  every sane person, regardless of their political persuasion could see the evil in those officers actions and inactions,  this is why it is so important for good cops to band together to weed out the bad ones as we can see what can happen when the bad ones actually do what bad cops do
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
so many of the most destructive people aren't even from the area.  they could give 2 schmits about the destruction.  they just finish up, admire their work and go home and look for the next place they can destroy.  they should be arrested for domestic terrorism.  then some of our famous actors/actreses michael moores of our world bail them out-nice

saw one interview last night with a 16 year old girl who lived right near by-her comment-"this is what needs to be done, yo"   (head slapping forehead)
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
so many of the most destructive people aren't even from the area.  they could give 2 schmits about the destruction.  they just finish up, admire their work and go home and look for the next place they can destroy.  they should be arrested for domestic terrorism.  then some of our famous actors/actreses michael moores of our world bail them out-nice

saw one interview last night with a 16 year old girl who lived right near by-her comment-"this is what needs to be done, yo"   (head slapping forehead)

An idea.  Stop worrying about what some dumba$$ celebrity does or what some 16 year old girl says.  Worry about fixing the problem.

As mentioned earlier, high profile black athletes who were peacefully protesting these issues, were booed, threatened and had their livelihood taken away.  So *that* didn't work.

So when is the problem going to be fixed instead of old, suburban white guys simply quoting MLK out of context and lecturing people on how they should protest?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow