'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky  (Read 16038 times)

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
Re: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
Wait until they get to Elite Eight with this less than stellar team, then it will get really bad here. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Wait until they get to Elite Eight with this less than stellar team, then it will get really bad here.

Wait until they win it all

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
I don't see that happening but they could get by Notre Dame. 

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
And who did we lose the last few years siting home while Bucky was having tourney success?

HE, Hauser, Luke?  How about Diamond Stone?  How did all Bucky success work in recruiting him?

Under Buzz we recruited a different type of player than Bucky, little overlap.  Under Wojo we are going after a player more similar but head-to-head Wojo looks like he had more success than Bucky to date.

This narrative is a little over used. In year one, UW had one opening and landed the big ten freshman of the year. In year two, the only athlete that MU/UW competed for was Henry. Without offering his brother, maybe he goes elsewhere.

Herro and Joey Hauser on the other hand.. That will be a big recruiting battle for both schools. Wisconsin is in good shape with Herro, and hopefully Joey. Hard to turn down the opportunity to play with your brother, so maybe an MU lean.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
Took to page 4 and this thread has descended into obsessing over Bucky.  Amazing how worked up everyone gets about this, and how every one this board that does not live in WI thinks you're a bunch of fools.

Is it a requirement to live in WI without a UW degree to assume a position of inferiority or does it just come naturally?

You bear a striking resemblance to Sam Dekker.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »
This narrative is a little over used. In year one, UW had one opening and landed the big ten freshman of the year. In year two, the only athlete that MU/UW competed for was Henry. Without offering his brother, maybe he goes elsewhere.

Herro and Joey Hauser on the other hand.. That will be a big recruiting battle for both schools. Wisconsin is in good shape with Herro, and hopefully Joey. Hard to turn down the opportunity to play with your brother, so maybe an MU lean.

How would this differ if UW was bubble team/NIT  level the last few years?

The assumption in this thread if UW success in the last few years has made it more difficult to recruit against them.  How much does recent success give one school versus the other in recruiting against each other?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »

WRT to Herro and Hauser, I think it might be the opposite.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
It's simple for me. 

I want to throw up whenever I think of the douche nozzles on Badger Nation enjoying a NC.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

From what I've heard, both are an MU lean. But there's a long way to go.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.