[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo is a heck of coach......  (Read 16091 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Wojo is a heck of coach......
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
I like Fischer guarding a guard on the last play.

I like how players don't improve.

I like how our teams are softer than Charmin in spite of having size down low.

I like the Wisconsin pipeline of average/slow players that play below average. And if one of the players isn't very good then offer their brother too. 

I like the mormon recruits who will never step foot on campus. 

I like that we'll have a one and done with no replacement and we'll be worse yet next year...thank God as the last three years weren't fun enough.   

I like the lack of accountability from our spend thrift President with multi-million dollar job extensions given in month 18 of a 60 month contract in spite of short track record of underperformance.  But let's also build a multi-million dollar sports facility that will be used to study endurance and lose millions annually.  No worries as we'll just hit up our alumni to subsidize the losses.  After all the alumni rather pay MU to teach more philosophy classes that no employer values and/or fund scholarships for kids that aren't their own as that is more important to them than funding their own retirement. 

Go Marquette!  Keep making me proud!  Keep asking me for more money so the teachers can make more than me while enjoying French benefits and a French work week.   :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:30:45 PM by duanewade »

warriorfan 14

• Starter
Re: Wojo is a heck of coach......
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »
with how henry has looked in the big east.....i would not want to be the GM who picks him in the lottery. not athletic enough for the nba, can't play d, can't shot from distance

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:23 PM »
He'll be buried on a bench only playing in a blow out,but he'll be a millionaire

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »

I like the Wisconsin pipeline of average/slow players that play below average. And if one of the players isn't very good then offer their brother too. 

I like that we'll have a one and done with no replacement and we'll be worse yet next year...thank God as the last three years weren't fun enough.   

I like the lack of accountability from our spend thrift President with multi-million dollar job extensions given in month 18 of a 60 month contract in spite of short track record of underperformance.  But let's also build a multi-million dollar sports facility that will be used to study endurance and lose millions annually.  No worries as we'll just hit up our alumni to subsidize the losses.  After all the alumni rather pay MU to teach more philosophy classes that no employer values and/or fund scholarships for kids that aren't their own as that is more important to them than funding their own retirement. 

Go Marquette!  Keep making me proud!  Keep asking me for more money so the teachers can make more than me while enjoying French benefits and a French working week.   :D
Step away from the ledge...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:31:34 PM »

Go Marquette!  Keep making me proud!  Keep asking me for more money so the teachers can make more than me while enjoying French benefits and a French working week.   :D

I shouldn't, but I will...

1. Standard pick and roll defense. Haanif was guarding him and the D switched on the pick.

2. JJJ has improved. As has Sandy. Even if only a little.

3. So, because Bailey is going on a mission, he'll never be on the team?

4. Wut?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:32:12 PM »
Duanewade only comes out from under his rock when he has a negative diatribe to spew.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »
wojo deserves the bashing after this one. the fans are getting restless with being a whipping boy in the big east 3 years in a row.

doc K

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
Those teachers you criticized would probably be happy to give you a free grammar lesson on the proper use of I and me

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
wojo deserves the bashing after this one. the fans are getting restless with being a whipping boy in the big east 3 years in a row.
hear, hear. This sh!t is getting old.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 09:42:53 PM »
with how henry has looked in the big east.....i would not want to be the GM who picks him in the lottery. not athletic enough for the nba, can't play d, can't shot from distance

There is no one in the country under 70 years of age who could not beat Henry with a move to the basket. He will get one NBA contract, then spend his years in places like Bakersfield.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
Wojo clearly deserves criticism. Those who come here only after losses to throw rocks shouldn't be taken very seriously however.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:34 PM »
so are we still worried about wojo taking over for coach k???????

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »
Wojo clearly deserves criticism. Those who come here only after losses to throw rocks shouldn't be taken very seriously however.

Lots of "loser" posters here tonight.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
Warrior fan14-You hit the nail on head. If Henry is a lottery pick, GM ought to be fired. I expected
more from him as season progressed. I hope I'm wrong, but this team is regressing as it is
the same ole. Yes, they are freshmen, but as talented as this team was written up to be before
the season---SHOW ME!

Class71

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00:58 PM »
Those teachers you criticized would probably be happy to give you a free grammar lesson on the proper use of I and me

How is the pay for English majors these days?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
Don't exert yourself by typing on a message board!

Get something published!  Teach three one hour classes a week.  Take the summer off!  Then get tenure so you can take a sabbatical.  Finally vote Democrat so more student loan debt gets guaranteed so you can get raises teaching "gems" like Violence in Shakespeare and Faith History and Revelation. 

Not all of us get to live in the hot tub that is the world of academia.  Of course the end is coming soon as there is a crazy large bubble brewing for the cost of a college education in comparison to what you get for it. 

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »
We suck. 
Period.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »

Wojo and the rest of the staff deserve a lot of criticism. The defensive lapses, the stagnant offense, letting Ellenson and Carter continue to chuck 3's, Fischer's constant foul trouble. The list goes on and on and I think everyone is struggling to see signs of improvement.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »
Wojo and the rest of the staff deserve a lot of criticism.

I think a key point a lot of people here don't talk about is the effectiveness of the rest of the staff. They are doing terribly at offering any kind insights to Wojo. There have been more than a few times the assistant coaches should be in Wojos ear to take advantage of certain things (most memorably not playing Fischer when Ochefu was out).

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 11:16:04 PM »
Outside of recruiting, Wojo hasn't showed me that he can be a head coach at this level. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
I think a key point a lot of people here don't talk about is the effectiveness of the rest of the staff. They are doing terribly at offering any kind insights to Wojo. There have been more than a few times the assistant coaches should be in Wojos ear to take advantage of certain things (most memorably not playing Fischer when Ochefu was out).

Good point. Our staff is too young. Great for those lunchtime scrimmages but not so good for actual coaching.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »
Outside of recruiting, Wojo hasn't showed me that he can be a head coach at this level.

6-19 in Big East for those counting at home.

Need Markus Howard pretty badly + a grad transfer

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:45 PM »
6-19 in Big East for those counting at home.

Win Every Day, ai'na?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 11:59:39 PM »
Not all of us get to live in the hot tub that is the world of academia.  Of course the end is coming soon as there is a crazy large bubble brewing for the cost of a college education in comparison to what you get for it.

Huh, I actually agree with duanewade on something...I have the sudden urge to shower.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.