[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A Light at the End of the Tunnel  (Read 16010 times)

brandx

Re: A Light at the End of the Tunnel
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »

I will say my only concern about Henry is the "Rice Lake Factor." He's playing a lot of ball against kids that don't hold a candle to his talent. That's where bad habits begin. In my high school, decades ago, we had two of the best players in the state who ultimately were incredible flops in the Southeastern Conference. The reason was they came up against very few opponents who had the height and skill to challenge them. I know today, with AAU ball, traveling clubs etc., is very different, but this is the one issue that scares me.

Bernard Toone may have had some of the same problem. He was so good that few of his opponents challenged him -- until he arrived at Marquette.

I, too, had to laugh watching the video of Henry dominating little white guys. If we were in a league with North Dakota St. - look out. I'm just kidding of course because Henry has proved himself against the best players in the country the last two summers.

As for "Loony" Toone - the only ability lacking was the one where he is the hardest working guy on the floor.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
Meme watch list
Concern is letting the tournament get too Ners heavy.....could be renamed the Ners tournament....AND nobody wants that.

Well...one person does.

brandx

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
Meme watch list

Concern is letting the tournament get too Ners heavy.....could be renamed the Ners tournament....AND nobody wants that.

If so, it will be ignore the Meme Tournament this time around.

It really isn't annoying enough that he destroys threads here that you have to purposely destroy one on your own?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
I'll admit my projection is on the low end. I am always hesitant to expect too much from a freshman. I let my hopes get up for Jajuan (projected 10 ppg) and was disappointed. I expect him to start and put up solid numbers. I hope for him to be a stud from day 1.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
I'll admit my projection is on the low end. I am always hesitant to expect too much from a freshman. I let my hopes get up for Jajuan (projected 10 ppg) and was disappointed. I expect him to start and put up solid numbers. I hope for him to be a stud from day 1.

Honestly if Henry is just a 6'10" spot up 3 point shooter his entire freshman year we're way better off than we are this year.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
I think Henry will be very good next year.  However, I don't see us going out and dominating the Big East just because of him.  Without a legit 3 point threat I think we will still struggle.