[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Menzies admits to drinking...  (Read 759 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Menzies admits to drinking...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »
Hey, 10 weeks of rehab?   But no biggy-heyna?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13904213/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-pulled-arguing-girlfriend-admitted-drinking
"Rehab". PR rehab is what I'd call it. No way this kid actually wanted to be there or was committed to changing.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »
"Rehab". PR rehab is what I'd call it. No way this kid actually wanted to be there or was committed to changing.

Thats a bit presumptive.  This headline and story is all very clickbait-y. The whole rehab situation was vague, it wasn't a Sarkesian situation that would clearly necessitate a "dry" recovery. I agree that the rehab was for PR but reports out of Cleveland were that he cleaned it up. Moved out of downtown, was showing a renewed commitment and work ethic to learning the playbook and improving.  This was a quarrel between a couple, there was no domestic abuse, no drunk driving, noise about nothing.  If it wasn't someone who wasn't an ESPN buzz name, its a no issue.  If this was Jimmy Clausen or Matt Flynn, we probably don't hear about it.  And it was during the day, so its not exactly a "he shouldn't be putting himself in those situations" sort of deal.  Its all ESPN gossip crap.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 06:53:51 AM »
Thats a bit presumptive.  This headline and story is all very clickbait-y. The whole rehab situation was vague, it wasn't a Sarkesian situation that would clearly necessitate a "dry" recovery. I agree that the rehab was for PR but reports out of Cleveland were that he cleaned it up. Moved out of downtown, was showing a renewed commitment and work ethic to learning the playbook and improving.  This was a quarrel between a couple, there was no domestic abuse, no drunk driving, noise about nothing.  If it wasn't someone who wasn't an ESPN buzz name, its a no issue.  If this was Jimmy Clausen or Matt Flynn, we probably don't hear about it.  And it was during the day, so its not exactly a "he shouldn't be putting himself in those situations" sort of deal.  Its all ESPN gossip crap.

You could be quite right. ESPN does go for the sensational and as a sometimes tabloid-ish news organization, they can act to be trying to out-scoop the others.  However, it also could be a red flag.  Once you've got that "rehab" thing on your record, especially a multi $$$ QB  with a history such as his, drinking is usually a no-no. 

When a guy commits to rehab for excesses, it not usually to "temper" such excesses.  This is the classic road back to from where you came.  See, I can drink responsibly.....then whammo!  Suddenly he's Johnny nightclub again. I will bet Cleveland is very very concerned
don't...don't don't don't don't