'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdon’t game thread  (Read 20011 times)

jonny09

• Team Captain
Re: Purdon’t game thread
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2019, 09:17:15 PM »
We don't have a coach that can maximize the talent that we have. In other words, I'm not sure Wojo can coach. He came from a system that had tremendous talent.

No need to not be sure.  Wojo can’t coach.  Everything looks the same year in year out. I was hoping I’d be wrong.  God does it suck being in college basketball hell

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2019, 09:17:52 PM »
This is last year’s game against Indiana.  Horrible.  The season isn’t over.  I think we will be better than this but let’s admit it....  this is an okay but only okay team (at best). If we make the tournament that will be really great. If we win one that will be fantastic...

Iu had two pros and it was on the road.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »
We don't have a coach that can maximize the talent that we have. In other words, I'm not sure Wojo can coach. He came from a system that had tremendous talent.

He is who he is at this point. Never exceeds expectations, slightly underperforms them at best. Marquette should’ve realized he was not the guy last year and ended it. Stop wasting years keeping on a coach everyone knows is not “that” coach who will take us where we want to go.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
Kobys better than Chartouny. Much worse than expected
Not sure. Koby looks bad. Why isn’t Symir playing?

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:25 PM »
I feel weirdly ok right now. I can’t imagine us ever shooting worse than that half. 13 points at home is doable.
bump

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »
The fact is that recruiting has been unsuccessful.  These guys aren't very good basketball players. It's a shooters game, and MU ain't got em.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:59 PM »
The sky is falling the sky is falling, my God you guys are a bunch of hairy wet cats

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »
Not sure. Koby looks bad. Why isn’t Symir playing?

I think he looks stronger with the ball than JOSEPH did. Not great but better. Idk about Symir. I'm six rows behind the MU bench and he seems ok.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »
It seems that Wojo gets to excited to talk. He doesn’t communicate well in the huddle and doesn’t coach or teach.

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:01 PM »
Why don't we see how we respond in the 2nd half before we start burning Wojo at the stake

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »
I think purdue has more offensive rebounds than we have total.  Its terrible
I have been in support of wojo thru 5 years but this may be my limit.  We dont have much talent.  Offensive scheme is horrible.  3 guys stand around while we run high ball acreen that is our entire offense.  Pirdue is screening off the ball all over the place and getting people open.  Painter is making Wojo look like hes never coached before. 
Additionally we have numerous guys that are incapable cain, sacar, mcewen, theo, bailey, ed are all basically offensively bankrupt.

Exactly, we are being out coached. Wojo will be hard pressed to get the quality talent here that will overcome his inability to coach.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
The fact is that recruiting has been unsuccessful.  These guys aren't very good basketball players. It's a shooters game, and MU ain't got em.

Actually that’s the one thing that has been going well. Unfortunately, the recruits never really seem to progress that much under Wojo. A better coach would get significantly more out of the accumulated talent on Marquette than Wojo does...every year.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
He is who he is at this point. Never exceeds expectations, slightly underperforms them at best. Marquette should’ve realized he was not the guy last year and ended it. Stop wasting years keeping on a coach everyone knows is not “that” coach who will take us where we want to go.

Not a chance he was going to be gone last year. This was the year he was working toward.

Hausers leaving meant this year wasn’t going to meet expectations and might be viewed as the beginning of the end.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:03 PM »
Why don't we see how we respond in the 2nd half before we start burning Wojo at the stake
Ok, we’ll wait.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
Well, let's all hope for some positives in the 2nd half.  Decent defense, some good shots going in. 

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »

Exactly. Its like Packer fans and Mike McCarthy- we need to be more patient with the guy.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2019, 09:30:12 PM »
Not a chance he was going to be gone last year. This was the year he was working toward.

Hausers leaving meant this year wasn’t going to meet expectations and might be viewed as the beginning of the end.

Never said that. Said they should have. Wasted a year another coach could have had implementing his program.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »
So many f'n turds in this thread.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
Greg needs to work on that pose!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
Oh Greg...Let’s leave the flexing to Theo.

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2019, 09:35:32 PM »
Exactly. Its like Packer fans and Mike McCarthy- we need to be more patient with the guy.

::)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
Stop then bucket let’s go boys

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
McEwen sucks, huh?

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2019, 09:42:33 PM »
Cain is so damn out of control and launching absolute stones tonight.  Cut his minutes asap

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2019, 09:42:54 PM »
Chart didnt have that move last year.