collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44878 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2021, 05:28:37 PM »
Please stop the allusions and just say what you want to say.

They teach things like “science.”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2021, 07:00:38 PM »

Don’t worry. If your intelligence is indicated by anything you’ve expressed in this topic, you wouldn’t get in anyway.

I’m definitely too independent thinking for the university now, I obviously wasn’t when I attended though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2021, 07:07:20 PM »
I’m definitely too independent thinking for the university now, I obviously wasn’t when I attended though.

Massive eye roll
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2021, 07:09:58 PM »
independent = I only trust rando facebook freaks

tower912

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
Be specific.  Explain your thought process and cite your sources.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2021, 08:25:16 PM »
It’s doubtful I would apply for today’s version of MU, I hardly recognize it from just 10-15 years ago.

I was there from 13-8years ago. You're either full of BS or lived your whole college career in a thought echo chamber (which actually does describe a lot of the people I knew during our overlapping time)
Maigh Eo for Sam

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2021, 09:13:03 PM »
independent = I only trust rando facebook freaks

Lol I was using that as a joke since it’s mostly liberally educated parents most likely who are happy that their children are so gullible to the COVID talking points.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2021, 09:34:45 PM »
Lol I was using that as a joke since it’s mostly liberally educated parents most likely who are happy that their children are so gullible to the COVID talking points.

Well, at least you're aware that you're gullible to the anti-vax talking points.  It's a starting point!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2021, 10:59:11 PM »
Interestingly enough, was talking with a recent MU grad who said the student body has gotten significantly more conservative recently.
But I guess that 5jey still teach science and factual information isn’t conservative enough for some folks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2021, 11:26:00 PM »
Kids wearing seat belts should be up to the kids and their parents.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2021, 05:58:14 AM »
It’s doubtful I would apply for today’s version of MU, I hardly recognize it from just 10-15 years ago.

Liberty is always looking for 'students'.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2021, 06:28:36 AM »

Please tell me you’re a dentist.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2021, 07:06:03 AM »
Kids wearing seat belts should be up to the kids and their parents.

Do seatbelts give you side effects and have to be replaced every four to six months?  I think not.

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2021, 07:13:37 AM »
Do seatbelts give you side effects and have to be replaced every four to six months?  I think not.

They wrinkle my clothes and I have to put them on every time I drive.

Got my booster yesterday. Other than being a little tired and having a sore arm, I am good.

Small price to pay to keep society safe. Including those who are ignorant.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2021, 08:05:40 AM »
Says the guy that uses Facebook anecdotes as his scientific basis.

I'm convinced a large percentage of the anti-vaxxers have the capacity to understand the science, but have instead chosen to live in their world of alternative facts purely due to political orientation. Th power of propaganda, writ large.

Oh well, if you stupid unnatural carnal knowledges want to be 12 times more likely to die from a COVID infection, no can stop you, can they?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2021, 08:06:40 AM »

The crosses we must bear to <checks notes> mitigate the effects of a pandemic that has claimed the lives of millions of people, leaving shattered families and devastated businesses in its wake. Yeah I guess when you put "gotta go to Walgreens to get a shot every so often and then be a little run down for 24 hours" on the scale against widespread death and disability, you're right. Probably not worth the trouble.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2021, 08:18:38 AM »
COVID in America has killed the equivalent of the populations of either Vermont or Wyoming or Alaska. 

You be you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2021, 08:26:14 AM »
The crosses we must bear to <checks notes> mitigate the effects of a pandemic that has claimed the lives of millions of people, leaving shattered families and devastated businesses in its wake. Yeah I guess when you put "gotta go to Walgreens to get a shot every so often and then be a little run down for 24 hours" on the scale against widespread death and disability, you're right. Probably not worth the trouble.

We do this and there are still loads of breakthrough cases worse than my case being unvaccinated, but the world acts like the vaccinated have free reign and can’t spread.

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2021, 08:35:33 AM »
We do this and there are still loads of breakthrough cases worse than my case being unvaccinated, but the world acts like the vaccinated have free reign and can’t spread.

So since they are not 100% effective, and no one has ever claimed that they were, therefore we shouldn't follow the scientific evidence and get vaccinated as well as boostered?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »

Look, clearly you've made up your mind so obviously nothing we say would ever change your mind. There could be millions of people who've safely received the vaccine (far more than would ever have been part of a non-emergency phase 3 trial), the vaccine could show significant efficacy in preventing serious disease or death, there could be an easy and logical explanation for why breakthrough infections exist (circulating antibodies fade over time leaving the immune response primed via memory T/B cells that require exposure and infection to trigger antibody production--hence the "breakthrough but not as severe" pattern), there could be clear and obvious patterns where hospital burdens are reduced in communities with high-vaccination rates, and none of these things would matter to you.

When decisions are made purely via pathos, no appeal to logos will have any effect.

I just hope that, generally speaking, people who make their decisions based on pathos primarily take the time to step back, detach from the immediacy of what's eliciting the impassioned response, and critically consider the observable outcomes.

It's trite, but the meme of the person online saying something like "look, I've discovered something that all the world's doctors have missed" is telling.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2021, 08:47:19 AM »

Hope you're using essential oils, or maybe smudging with sage. Whatever you scientifically illiterate folks get up to these days.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »

Yup, breakthrough cases, just like predicted when the vaccine came in.  That whole 95% effective thing.    Along with anti-bodies diminishing over time, and pre-existing co-morbidities that make even the vaccinated more susceptible.   

I think the solution for you is to go volunteer maskless at a hospital or nursing home.    I am sure they would appreciate your assistance.   

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »
Yup, breakthrough cases, just like predicted when the vaccine came in.  That whole 95% effective thing.    Along with anti-bodies diminishing over time, and pre-existing co-morbidities that make even the vaccinated more susceptible.   

I think the solution for you is to go volunteer maskless at a hospital or nursing home.    I am sure they would appreciate your assistance.

He’s not volunteering unless something is in it for him
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2021, 09:53:03 AM »

So since they are not 100% effective, and no one has ever claimed that they were, therefore we shouldn't follow the scientific evidence and get vaccinated as well as boostered?

There was a majority compliance with initial vaccination but you’re not you going to find the same consensus with boosters, I know very few in my family who got the initial jab(s) are going to be fine with consistent boosters so they are going to effectively be unvaccinated shortly if not already.  Btw they are far from 100% unless you get boostered every four months.

I think the Pfizer antiviral pill may be more likely to effectively end the pandemic than any vaccine once it becomes readily available because it doesn’t have to be taken preemptively.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:55:57 AM by statnik »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »
My firefighter just texted me.   Great young guy, has been working with me since July of 2020.  Three boys under the age of 8.   He lost his mother to COVID in May of 2020 and has been very conscientious about his masking up and gowning up.   Got both his vaccines last spring.    He is married to an NICU nurse who is anti-vaxx.     

His text to me was:  (my wife) tested positive for the VID.   When is the right time to tell an anti-vaxxer 'I told you so?'

I responded after she had recovered and when he really wants some couch time.       What say you all?