[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by willie warrior
[Today at 10:40:08 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44867 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
Do seatbelts give you side effects and have to be replaced every four to six months?  I think not.

Seatbelts have been known to cause death and severe burns in some accidents which wouldn't have caused significant injury otherwise.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »
My firefighter just texted me.   Great young guy, has been working with me since July of 2020.  Three boys under the age of 8.   He lost his mother to COVID in May of 2020 and has been very conscientious about his masking up and gowning up.   Got both his vaccines last spring.    He is married to an NICU nurse who is anti-vaxx.     

His text to me was:  (my wife) tested positive for the VID.   When is the right time to tell an anti-vaxxer 'I told you so?'

I responded after she had recovered and when he really wants some couch time.       What say you all?   

How symptomatic, if at all, was she?  If he says ‘I told you so’ after an asymptomatic or mild flu like experience I don’t think he will receive the desired response.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2021, 10:02:40 AM »
There is never a desired response when you yell your wife 'I told you so. ' 

Conversely, if she is the one out of 60 that it kills, he may never get the chance. 

And finally, she was symptomatic enough to feel the need to get tested.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:04:51 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »
There is never a desired response when you yell your wife 'I told you so. ' 

Conversely, if she is the one out of 60 that it kills, he may never get the chance. 

And finally, she was symptomatic enough to feel the need to get tested.

She works in Healthcare, she was probably forced to get tested regularly. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »
There was a majority compliance with initial vaccination but you’re not you going to find the same consensus with boosters, I know very few in my family who got the initial jab(s) are going to be fine with consistent boosters so they are going to effectively be unvaccinated shortly if not already.  Btw they are far from 100% unless you get boostered every four months.

First of all, where do you get four months?  I got the booster yesterday after nearly eight months.  Which is fine.  If an booster every eight months, or even every four is recommended, it's hardly a burden.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
She works in Healthcare, she was probably forced to get tested regularly.

According to her husband, she got a fake vaccine card off the internet.   You aren't winning.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
I get my flu shot every year. I’d probably make it through the flu fine, but would rather have the vaccine. I also do it to help protect my young daughter.

I don’t see how a Covid booster would be any different. I’ll get it as soon as I’m eligible. Seems to be a minor inconvenience for the benefit.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
I have assumed all along that there would be annual boosters similar to the flu shot. Whole lot of 'meh' as far as I am concerned.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2021, 10:37:23 AM »
Last time I got the flu without the shot was right before a golden gloves semi final match in 2013  and I lost about 7lbs and it was horrible as I was already dehydrated. I haven't missed the flu shot since. I've gotten the flu, but haven't really gotten sick. That same mindset is what I have for the Covid vaccine. If I get sick bummer but I'll take my chances with the vaccine helping my defense than not.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2021, 10:39:28 AM »
Yeah, last time I forewent the flu shot was about the same time and it knocked me out for a week.  Such a small thing to do to keep healthy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2021, 10:43:30 AM »

I think the Pfizer antiviral pill may be more likely to effectively end the pandemic than any vaccine once it becomes readily available because it doesn’t have to be taken preemptively.

Define effectively end.

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2021, 10:54:39 AM »
I think the Pfizer antiviral pill may be more likely to effectively end the pandemic than any vaccine once it becomes readily available because it doesn’t have to be taken preemptively.

Why is orally taking a new drug better than getting vaccinated?

The anti-vax position just keeps getting less and less logical.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2021, 10:56:28 AM »
Define effectively end.

Whatever he defines whenever he feels like it without the aid of any actual information.

Needles are scary I guess?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
LOL. As I predicted in the other thread.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »

Not defending all his inanity, but he did say it doesn't have to be preemptive.  So maybe the idea of taking something as needed instead of "in case" is preferable?  I don't know.  I could see the argument, not that its an especially strong one.

Yeah, last time I forewent the flu shot was about the same time and it knocked me out for a week.  Such a small thing to do to keep healthy.

Its funny, I was thinking about the flu vaccine.  I never used to get it.  All through my 20s and early 30s.  I used to get a gnarly cold or two in the winter, but I hadn't gotten the flu for a long time.  But my now wife had been a pretty consistent acquirer of the flu.  So I was cajoled into getting the flu shot for her (not in small part because she's unbearable when she's sick  ;D).  So completely unintentionally, I was sort of partaking and experiencing some of the general sentiment and gist of why everyone should be getting COVID vaccines.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2021, 11:09:11 AM »
Hope you're using essential oils, or maybe smudging with sage. Whatever you scientifically illiterate folks get up to these days.
HCQ, livestock paste, gargling Bactine.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2021, 11:14:39 AM »

Well the new drug costs more and the vaccines are dirt cheap, so maybe's he's just looking out for PFE's earnings reports.

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2021, 11:15:15 AM »
Not defending all his inanity, but he did say it doesn't have to be preemptive.  So maybe the idea of taking something as needed instead of "in case" is preferable?  I don't know.  I could see the argument, not that its an especially strong one.

I guess I think that not catching the disease is better than catching it and taking a preemptive.  Why would someone face with those two choices, choose the latter?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2021, 01:03:51 PM »
Seatbelts have been known to cause death and severe burns in some accidents which wouldn't have caused significant injury otherwise.

Same with airbags.
My dashboard, my choice!

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2021, 10:22:10 PM »

I guess I think that not catching the disease is better than catching it and taking a preemptive.  Why would someone face with those two choices, choose the latter?

Because there’s a chance you wouldn’t need anything foreign in your body.  I’d rather get a mild case (which is what I believe I did a month ago) vs expose my body to the vaccine effects initially (even if mild) and get sick again with the oh so common breakthrough infection.  And if you have such a good immune system you get an asymptomatic case then all the better.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2021, 10:53:50 PM »
How can one be sure it would only be a mild case?
You can’t.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2021, 01:33:57 AM »
How can one be sure it would only be a mild case?
You can’t.

You can’t be sure but based on risk profile and being smart about wearing masks for example in high risk areas it can be pretty close to certain.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2021, 06:05:55 AM »
Based on risk profile one would just take the vaccine.   

But that’s not why you are posting here. 

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2021, 07:06:59 AM »
Because there’s a chance you wouldn’t need anything foreign in your body.  I’d rather get a mild case (which is what I believe I did a month ago) vs expose my body to the vaccine effects initially (even if mild) and get sick again with the oh so common breakthrough infection.  And if you have such a good immune system you get an asymptomatic case then all the better.

A virus is "foreign in your body."  Furthermore, a oral therapeutic, an aspirin, tylenol, etc. are all "foreign in your body."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 07:30:37 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2021, 08:11:46 AM »
oh so common breakthrough infection.

Define and support this statement.

feedback