[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oversigning of players  (Read 11158 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Oversigning of players
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
I would liken it to a wife leaving a guy for another man. I really only care if it were to be my wife.

I know a guy whose wife left him for another woman (next door neighbor). Talk about a cold shot. Hates her more than 4ever hates TC and he'll probably never pass his anger management class.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
I would liken it to a wife leaving a guy for another man. I really only care if it were to be my wife.

So, then, as a MU fan you've taken it the rear from TC, RM, KO just in the last 2 decades.  That's got to hurt.  Me, I take it as part of the business of college athletics that almost all coaches leave to another school.  Of course, it all comes down to how one leaves and certainly MU has had several examples of how NOT to do it. 

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
So, then, as a MU fan you've taken it the rear from TC, RM, KO just in the last 2 decades.  That's got to hurt.  Me, I take it as part of the business of college athletics that almost all coaches leave to another school.  Of course, it all comes down to how one leaves and certainly MU has had several examples of how NOT to do it. 

Like Lenny says, TC is the wife who left us for another woman. The savagery of that betrayal is like no other.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 09:34:16 AM »
Like Lenny says, TC is the wife who left us for another woman. The savagery of that betrayal is like no other.

So you must really hate KO, who did the double....let MU and left his wife.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
So you must really hate KO, who did the double....let MU and left his wife.

KO was/is crass, vulgar and boorish but his departure was much less of a betrayal than that of Tom Crean. No. As for KO leaving his wife, I think it was the other way around as his wife grew tired and ashamed of his habitual "prowling." KO's ultimate sin, in my book, was the day he pranced around the MU campus decked out in his putrid Rocky Top orange sweats, his ample fat bulges on proud display. While vulgar it in no way compares with Tom Crean's It's Indiana presser or the shameful way his men had to hear about his betrayal from ESPN. Tom Crean compounded the arrogance by dispatching his henchmen Seltzer and Buckley to Alabama to sway NW from his commitment to MU. Eyewitness accounts noted on this very board that those two Crean accomplices were seen at Mitchell Field sporting IU polos lounging like lizards waiting for a flight to Huntsville. (Later that summer Seltzer and Crean were spotted in gyms across America wearing those clownish IU warm up pants. Now that is ridiculous.)

Besides, KO isn't all bad as he has Canadian roots, eh? He is a proud alum of McGill.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »
KO was/is crass, vulgar and boorish but his departure was much less of a betrayal than that of Tom Crean. No. As for KO leaving his wife, I think it was the other way around as his wife grew tired and ashamed of his habitual "prowling." KO's ultimate sin, in my book, was the day he pranced around the MU campus decked out in his putrid Rocky Top orange sweats, his ample fat bulges on proud display. While vulgar it in no way compares with Tom Crean's It's Indiana presser or the shameful way his men had to hear about his betrayal from ESPN. Tom Crean compounded the arrogance by dispatching his henchmen Seltzer and Buckley to Alabama to sway NW from his commitment to MU. Eyewitness accounts noted on this very board that those two Crean accomplices were seen at Mitchell Field sporting IU polos lounging like lizards waiting for a flight to Huntsville. (Later that summer Seltzer and Crean were spotted in gyms across America wearing those clownish IU warm up pants. Now that is ridiculous.)

Besides, KO isn't all bad as he has Canadian roots, eh? He is a proud alum of McGill.

So here's the post referenced above:
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=8665.0

Of course, if you actually read it, a few facts spoil the rant:

It was O'hare, not Mitchell Field. And the date of the report was 4/13--nearly two weeks after they joined IU. And this was only after Williams was granted a release by MU--thus there was no longer a possibility that they were on the trip to sway Williams away from MU.  And the report made no mention of "IU Polos" or "lounging like lizards". And the flight was reportedly going to Hunstsville, not Mobile.

Of course the report did go on top say that Bennie was a "gracious guy" and thought "we'd do well with Buzz."  But those comments don't fit with the storyline of a "betrayal", eh?

Compare that to O'Neill--who chose to flaunt his new team in front of his old players--before any official announcement had been made--and while they were at the NCAA tournament. At least Crean didn't INTEND for his players to learn from ESPN. He never rubbed it in their faces the way O'Neill did with his players or the MU fans. Nor did Crean ever take a shot at MU or its fans after he left the way O'Neill did.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:23:46 PM by Marquette84 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

You really should go back in history then since you obviously don't know the entire story.

Eh!

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »
So here's the post referenced above:
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=8665.0

Thanks for the update, Joanie. Perhaps you should remnoive those rose coloured glasses? I see NYWarriors reaction as quoted, "how is that for a kick in the 'nads.......I am here in ORD this morning and look over to see Seltzer and Buckley awaiting an outbound American Eagle flight to Mobile

Lovely"

My sentiments, exactly. Crean's Henchmen on the prowl.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 07:22:45 AM »
Duke currently has four commitments for three scholarships.

It's like an airline overbooking flights, you just have to hope one of them doesn't show up.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »
You really should go back in history then since you obviously don't know the entire story.

You're slapping me on details there mate. Point is, Tom Crean betrayed our tribe and then dispatched his henchmen to pick scrap from the carcass. It's really about the man's general demeanour and behaviour. The man cashed MU's pay cheque while recruiting Nick Williams. I guess you either have charcater, values or integrity or not, eh?