collapse

* Recent Posts

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Wishes to My Scoop Brothers and Sisters  (Read 5213 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Thanksgiving Wishes to My Scoop Brothers and Sisters
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
I sincerely want to take this time to wish each of you a very happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all who must. Personally, I reflect at this time of year and give thanks for all that’s important in my life and my family’s life. It’s both cleansing and rejuvenating to be aware of my own little space and time on this planet, however insignificant it my be.
On another note, I am saddened to discover just how many people here exhibit disrespect, meanfulness, and outright hatred toward not only their fellow man, but also to the common bond of Marquette basketball faithful, all behind the anonymity of the almighty, secretive internet. We are divided on so many fronts that spill over to personal attacks. There is no place for that here. Truly, your lives must be in such disarray, that insults and name calling makes you feel better. It must be awful to feel that way.
I have made many friends over the years on this board. Some, I have met, others not. I honestly love them all. I cherish their friendships. As for the others, your minds will never allow you to change. But, try to find the joy in living. In the end, I give thanks that I am me, and not you.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Thanksgiving Wishes to My Scoop Brothers and Sisters
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »
I sincerely want to take this time to wish each of you a very happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all who must. Personally, I reflect at this time of year and give thanks for all that’s important in my life and my family’s life. It’s both cleansing and rejuvenating to be aware of my own little space and time on this planet, however insignificant it my be.
On another note, I am saddened to discover just how many people here exhibit disrespect, meanfulness, and outright hatred toward not only their fellow man, but also to the common bond of Marquette basketball faithful, all behind the anonymity of the almighty, secretive internet. We are divided on so many fronts that spill over to personal attacks. There is no place for that here. Truly, your lives must be in such disarray, that insults and name calling makes you feel better. It must be awful to feel that way.
I have made many friends over the years on this board. Some, I have met, others not. I honestly love them all. I cherish their friendships. As for the others, your minds will never allow you to change. But, try to find the joy in living. In the end, I give thanks that I am me, and not you.

Nerd.

Just kidding.  Happy Thanksgiving kin, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:30:22 AM »
Very weird post. Using Thansgiving wishes to attack fellow posters for attacking fellow posters.

My Thanksgiving wish for all posters - even those I have on ignore - is "Happy Thanksgiving".

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »
Happy turkey day, scoop!

Thanks for the post, 4ever.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 09:53:17 AM »
Doc

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have to add, thank you for being MU Scoop friend. Over the years I have made friends with a handful of scoopers that I very much appreciate. Since I started posting, I have experienced some of the life's happiest moments and some really bad day, and there have been folks on here that shared those moments with me. Sadly, several who have been the kindest to me are no longer posting on here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Scoopers. While I am probably on ignore on many people's list, I proudly say that I have never put a scooper on ignore. I may not agree with many on here, but I do value and respect their opinion and love of MU.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »
A Stuffwich to you, fine sir. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all.

I'd consider being put on ignore a badge of honor.  Hey Wocky and Popper, what's my count up to?

I too have met and made some new friends via scoop.  Looking forward to meeting TAMU next week and watching the Chicago State in CS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »
We are looking down at the grass and not up at it.    Happy Thanksgiving. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
I am thankful to actually understand every word of the opening post!

I have enjoyed a very good relationship with the vast majority of Scoopers. I do know that I let a few push my buttons - and maybe I've been guilty of pushing a button or two myself. All I can do is resolve to get better. Wait ... it isn't time for resolutions yet!

Anyhoo, a happy turkey day to all of Scoopland.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Scoop brothers and sisters.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »
I am thankful we finally found Sacar this year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
I am thankful we finally found Sacar this year.

I'll be thankful when he dunks the ball on a fast break instead of getting 2 layups blocked!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all you jive turkeys!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »

you...you... chu... you...got a gift chu you!  that's why you are who you are..you..you

happy thanksgiving and big ehyn'er hey!
don't...don't don't don't don't

#TheThing

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »

God Bless you sir and everyone else on this vessel.

We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »
Turkey day, Turkey day.
Outdoor fookin' ends today.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 11:04:24 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving Scoopers!

ND sucks.

So does Bucky.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 12:11:55 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Giving thanks for those who make MUScoop possible!
SS Marquette

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 02:12:28 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
Thanks for the post 4ever, I didn't have to translate from jive, so thanks to all.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
I drove by Lifetime Fitness this morning. Even walked in.

Third helping of stuffing and gravy justified in advance.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »
Things I am thankful for (in no particular order):

1. My kids, who grew up to be amazing human beings despite having me for a mother.
2. #thething
2. My husband, who tells people (true or not) that he married his trophy wife the first time around
3. Spanx
4. Having a degree from a great university
5. Being able to root for an entertaining team produced by a clean program from said university
6. A job I enjoy at an organization that I am proud to be a part of
7. My Scoop friends and sparring partners

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
In the words of Jackie Moon: “ everybody love everybody”
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:35:14 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
What's the beverage of choice tonight boys? 

Me? I decided to do a little side by side taste test.  Big fan of Woodford Reserve and compared it to the Knotter Bourbon from our friends up at Blaum Bros.  The latter is a bourbon they finished aging from another now defunct distillery.  (Get the name? Not Our ....)  Anyways, our little Galena distillery did a fine job.  Not quite as smooth as my Kentucky windage but good nonetheless.  Just so you guys know, Blaum's first bottles of totally self-made whiskey go on sale Saturday.  If you're ever in the NW corner of Illinois, pay 'em a visit.  We particularly like their Hellfyre Vodka.  (No, we don't have any financial interest.) 

https://www.facebook.com/events/158858784717218/ 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »
2% white milk.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »
Whole milk for me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
Banana milk

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 09:30:26 AM »
What's the beverage of choice tonight boys? 

Me? I decided to do a little side by side taste test.  Big fan of Woodford Reserve and compared it to the Knotter Bourbon from our friends up at Blaum Bros.  The latter is a bourbon they finished aging from another now defunct distillery.  (Get the name? Not Our ....)  Anyways, our little Galena distillery did a fine job.  Not quite as smooth as my Kentucky windage but good nonetheless.  Just so you guys know, Blaum's first bottles of totally self-made whiskey go on sale Saturday.  If you're ever in the NW corner of Illinois, pay 'em a visit.  We particularly like their Hellfyre Vodka.  (No, we don't have any financial interest.) 

https://www.facebook.com/events/158858784717218/

We have a place in Galena so we get out there quite often.  Blaum Bros. have become very popular in recent years.  Worth noting that Galena will be having the inaugural Whiskey Tasting Weekend in January.

https://www.galenawhiskeyweekend.com/

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
Doc

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have to add, thank you for being MU Scoop friend. Over the years I have made friends with a handful of scoopers that I very much appreciate. Since I started posting, I have experienced some of the life's happiest moments and some really bad day, and there have been folks on here that shared those moments with me. Sadly, several who have been the kindest to me are no longer posting on here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Scoopers. While I am probably on ignore on many people's list, I proudly say that I have never put a scooper on ignore. I may not agree with many on here, but I do value and respect their opinion and love of MU.

I also have never put a scooper on ignore. By the way I was wondering if Goose was served at the Goose family this year for Thanksgiving instead of Turkey? I understand it is a great tasting bird.

https://qz.com/1136070/getting-ready-to-cook-thanksgiving-turkey-consider-goose-instead/

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
If you're a bourbon drinker, try Wisconsin's own J. Henry & Sons.  They're only a few years old but have won several medals.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
If you're a bourbon drinker, try Wisconsin's own J. Henry & Sons.  They're only a few years old but have won several medals.

Funny how some young distillers sell bourbon that is older than they are. I'm not saying that one is but I recall Great Lakes started out bottling OP's.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »
Funny how some young distillers sell bourbon that is older than they are. I'm not saying that one is but I recall Great Lakes started out bottling OP's.

Bourbon has to age a minimum of five years.  I think J. Henry started selling bourbon in 2015 but they started aging it in 2010.

Most distillers don't want to wait 5 years for a return on investment so they start selling other liquors that don't have to age as long, like vodka, while waiting for their bourbon to age.  J. Henry is interested only in making bourbon so you won't find anything else under their label.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
Bourbon has to age a minimum of five years.  I think J. Henry started selling bourbon in 2015 but they started aging it in 2010.

Most distillers don't want to wait 5 years for a return on investment so they start selling other liquors that don't have to age as long, like vodka, while waiting for their bourbon to age.  J. Henry is interested only in making bourbon so you won't find anything else under their label.

Yep.  That's exactly what Blaum Bros. is doing right now.  They are building a barrel warehouse because they've run out of room.  Some of you guys will know better than me but I believe whiskey ages a shorter period of time than bourbon so many of these distillers have or will soon have that product available.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
I tend not to like my milk aged that long.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
I tend not to like my milk aged that long.

Gives me gas
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback