collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: iPhone movie  (Read 990 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
iPhone movie
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:41:26 PM »
Has anyone ever seen a movie in a theatre shot from an iPhone? I have not and do not think I would pay to see a movie shot that way.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180223-claire-foy-and-matt-damon-in-a-film-shot-on-a-smartphone

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
Re: iPhone movie
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »
I have and it was a good reminder of this: good art doesn't always depend on the format it's delivered. But even if it did, iPhone video quality is so ridiculously good these days it surpasses the quality of many of the 35mm film used back in the day -- and that lower-quality 35mm film was used, mind you, to make some of the greatest movies ever made.

So yea, if Matt Damon makes a good movie, it won't matter that it's shot on an iPhone.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 07:03:06 AM »
I have and it was a good reminder of this: good art doesn't always depend on the format it's delivered. But even if it did, iPhone video quality is so ridiculously good these days it surpasses the quality of many of the 35mm film used back in the day -- and that lower-quality 35mm film was used, mind you, to make some of the greatest movies ever made.

So yea, if Matt Damon makes a good movie, it won't matter that it's shot on an iPhone.

I was with you until you put “Matt Damon” and “good movie” in the same sentence.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
Pretty sure sum on dis board make B rated tapes all da tyme on phones four private viewin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 02:01:06 PM »
I was with you until you put “Matt Damon” and “good movie” in the same sentence.

Ha, I mentioned him only because he's making the iPhone movie. But come on! He's done a lot of garbage, to be sure, but Good Will Hunting can stand up to any film released since.