[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MUTVSports] Buzz Williams to Appear on “Jim Rome Is Burning” Tomorrow  (Read 9618 times)

Brad Galli

• Scholarship Player
  • BradGalli.com
    • BradGalli.com
Just watched Rome finish his tv show, and he said tomorrow, Marquette Coach Buzz Williams will be on to break down the Final Four.

I can dig that.
Would be nowhere without the support of the Marquette community. Can't beat the MU family.

Rooting for Lazar, Jimmy, Steve, Wes and Dwyane always. Go Buzz.

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: [MUTV] Buzz Williams to Appear on “Jim Rome Is Burning” Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:10:09 PM »
Good for Buzz keeping his name and Marquette's name out there.  I was worried when Crean left that he would not keep the program in as high of profile.  Between things like being on Jim Rome's show, and the appearance the CBS pre-game tournament show with Matthews, I like it.  Have to keep relevant otherwise recruits forget about you.

Pakuni

• All American
Phenomenal.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Rack him.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Phenomenal.

I hate Jim Rome but I agree it's a good get for Buzz to be on any national show.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

reinko

• All American
EPIC!

Moonboots

• Starter
War Indiana, Indiana.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
Rome is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. He's annoying, but funny at the same time, and I can't seem to get enough of him.

MUshrooms

• Starter

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
Whoa....this is Jim Rome's finest moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Kick some ass Buzz!!

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
I wonder if Buzz is going to call Jim Rome one of his favorite people of all time!

New Era Warriors

• Starter
What time is it on??

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
The General has taken on a new command.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain

3:30-4:00 on ESPN

SonofPianoMan

• Starter
any minute now I think.  2:30 cst

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Whoa....this is Jim Rome's finest moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Kick some ass Buzz!!

I played golf with Jim Everett about 6 years ago in Hawaii.  It was part of the NFL QB Challenge and he was one of the "legends" participating.  He was in my 5-some  (yes Hayward, scream all you want....not meant to be name dropping it's just a reality that I had the opportunity to play with him).

Jim Kelly was in the group ahead of us and we got to a slow part of the course where multiple groups were waiting to tee off on a par 3.  Kelly was giving him so much crap for the Jim Rome incident.  It was classic. Of course Kelly was absolutely smashed at this point on the course and was not having any trouble hurling the insults out in a playful manner.

Jim (Everett) took it well.  Nice guy, for a Purdue grad.....and a scratch golfer to boot.   We rode him to the championship.

I've hated Jim Rome all these years because Everett was such a cool guy to us.  He didn't deserve that crap.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:59:33 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

SERocks

• Team Captain
Any idea if there is an internet link to his live show?  I have tried to find one, but am not having any luck.

SonofPianoMan

• Starter
correction, 3:30 cst

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
I played golf with Jim Everett about 6 years ago in Hawaii.  It was part of the NFL QB Challenge and we was one of the "legends" participating.  He was in my 5-some  (yes Hayward, scream all you want....not meant to be name dropping it's just a reality that I had the opportunity to play with him).

Jim Kelly was in the group ahead of us and we got to a slow part of the course where multiple groups were waiting to tee off on a par 3.  Kelly was giving him so much crap for the Jim Rome incident.  It was classic. Of course Kelly was absolutely smashed at this point on the course and was not having any trouble hurling the insults out in a playful manner.

Jim (Everett) took it well.  Nice guy, for a Purdue grad.....and a scratch golfer to boot.   We rode him to the championship.

I've hated Jim Rome all these years because Everett was such a cool guy to us.  He didn't deserve that crap.

Everett -- who's a monster, by the way --should have pummelled him. Jim Rome is a complete clown. I can't even believe people think it's thread-worthy that our coach is going to be on his show.

SoCalstu09

• Starter
Jim Everett, who now lives in Southern California, sends his kids to the grade school I went to. He's the flag football coach out there...great guy. Dude can still throw a helluva a football.

And to show you the scope of the internet...even 6-8th graders give the guy a tough time for that incident. I don't think most of them were even born at the time.
"I think the world is run by C students."- Al McGuire

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Everett -- who's a monster, by the way --should have pummelled him. Jim Rome is a complete clown. I can't even believe people think it's thread-worthy that our coach is going to be on his show.

Agree 100%.

This is just another example of MU's media-hungry, self-promoting coach trying to be on television. We should really be discussing the coaching carousel.

The names and haircut may have changed, but Buzz is just like his predecessor.

::)

MUfan12

• All American
Buzz did a nice job with Rome. Didn't say anything groundbreaking but it's always good to have MU get some national pub.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain

Long time no see, PRN! 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

He is definitely a big guy and can really smack whitey around the links.  I was struggling mightily that day and when he learned I went to IU he was hammering me as a PU guy.  All fun in the end.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
that clip is the biggest staged deal i have ever seen...great acting...Evereet is smiling when he is telling Rome to stop almost laughing and then so is Rome laughing back at him.. Wow then Everett flips over the table no punches thrown...completely staged and completely funny that someone can watch that and see them both smiling and half laughing and not be able to figure out that it was completely staged.   :o

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
Rome is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. He's annoying, but funny at the same time, and I can't seem to get enough of him.

I don't know if we can be friends anymore.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Tugg Speedman

• All American
anyone have a clip of Buzz's interview?

JTBMU7

• All American
I thought Coach did well on the program. And of course he talked about "the value  of each possesion" and "paint touches"....

MR.HAYWARD

• All American

Dienerfor3

• Starter
Anybody else notice that he mixed up two of the names, saying one of Villanova's players was Corey Anderson.  There is a Corey Stokes and Fisher, and a Dewayne Anderson, nevertheless, he handled the interview well, I thought.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
hey thanks alot i really appreciate it