[Today at 11:22:07 AM]

NIL Future by Pakuni
[Today at 10:19:01 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:41:14 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: One bong hit potentially costs NFL draftee $8M  (Read 3742 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
One bong hit potentially costs NFL draftee $8M
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »
The video discussed below surfaced literally 10 minutes before the draft began via social media.

Tunsil said someone hacked his twitter and Instagram accounts to get it.

Note what is getting lost in this discussion.  On Tunsil Instagram account was a conversation between him and the assistant coaches at Ole Miss saying he needed money.  When asked last night at his post draft presser if the coaches paid him money, he said "I'll have to say yes."

Word is the NCAA is really upset about this and going to punish the UNC women's basketball team another 2 years!

One bong hit potentially costs NFL draftee $8M

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/29/one-bong-hit-costs-nfl-draftee-8m.html?utm_content=buffer488f7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil on Thursday night literally watched as his value fell by millions of dollars after a video surfaced on his Twitter account, allegedly hacked, showing him smoking a bong through a gas mask.

Tunsil, once considered a top draft pick, was widely expected by draft prognosticators to be selected 6th overall by the Baltimore Ravens. Once the video surfaced, teams wanted nothing to do with him. Tunsil fell and fell and then finally the Miami Dolphins selected him as the 13th pick, saying they were aware of the video and that it was shot two years ago.

So, how much did Tunsil lose and what's at stake?

If he had been selected 6th, he would have earned $20.5 million, according to sports salary website Spotrac. Who got that loot? The Ravens instead selected Ronnie Stanley of Notre Dame. In turn, Tunsil's drop to 13th meant his total projected earnings fell to $12,801,661. That means that the bong picture may have cost Tunsil almost $8 million.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:36:24 AM by Heisenberg »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: One bong hit potentially costs NFL draftee $8M
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
$8 million for one hit?  Geez - not even your blue stuff was that expensive. ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
Kids need to quit recording everything.   Because, like their parents and grandparents, they are going to do stupid stuff.   The difference is, we all tried to keep it a secret.    This generation doesn't think like that.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:55 AM »
Kids need to quit recording everything.   Because, like their parents and grandparents, they are going to do stupid stuff.   The difference is, we all tried to keep it a secret.    This generation doesn't think like that.

It's a badge of honor.  It used to be that a job well done (or a prank pulled off) was its own silent reward, but there's no such thing as self-affirmation anymore.  I blame Al Franken.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:00:45 AM »

I had a 23yo direct report recently tell me that he almost overslept for an 8:00 meeting the week prior because he "had gone out and gotten wasted" the night before and "passed out" on the couch.

I obviously had done similar things in my younger days but I would never have said something like that to my boss!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:05:36 AM »
nm

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »
gotta love social media-dumb luck as it was probably his first time-Ein'er
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »

Note what is getting lost in this discussion.  On Tunsil Instagram account was a conversation between him and the assistant coaches at Ole Miss saying he needed money.  When asked last night at his post draft presser if the coaches paid him money, he said "I'll have to say yes."

Word is the NCAA is really upset about this and going to punish the UNC women's basketball team another 2 years!

Wow, Heisy, who knew you could actually be funny?!?!?

Made me chuckle out loud.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
I had a 23yo direct report recently tell me that he almost overslept for an 8:00 meeting the week prior because he "had gone out and gotten wasted" the night before and "passed out" on the couch.

I obviously had done similar things in my younger days but I would never have said something like that to my boss!

i wonder what he was expecting?  a fist bump and you rock dude?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »
It's a badge of honor.  It used to be that a job well done (or a prank pulled off) was its own silent reward, but there's no such thing as self-affirmation anymore.  I blame Al Franken.

I blame Al Gore for inventing the Interwebs

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 12:43:46 PM »
gotta love social media-dumb luck as it was probably his first time-Ein'er

I don't think you do a gas mask bong hit the first time you smoke grass, ai'na?   8-)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »
On the surface, that Ole Miss thing should be huge. It was a direct, public confirmation of receiving benefits directly from the athletic department. It will be impressive on how they sweep it under the rug.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »
On the surface, that Ole Miss thing should be huge. It was a direct, public confirmation of receiving benefits directly from the athletic department. It will be impressive on how they sweep it under the rug.

I don't know, Marty - Ole Miss isn't a blue blood. There may be a real price to pay here.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »

I agree wit Fahrenheit 451. All dat sextin', you know, showin' yo junk, ass, pussay, and tzitzkas is discustin', ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
I hadn't smoked dope in at least 5 years when I went to a friend's house in Jan 1998. He pulled out a pipe and I took a couple hits. Didn't come close to getting high or anything. A few weeks later, I got offered a job I really wanted and accepted.

"Great," my new boss-to-be said, "come on in and fill out the tax forms and other paperwork. And of course we'll need you to get a drug test."

Holy shyte. I didn't know how long pot stayed in the system and I was worried as hell that I was gonna miss out on my dream job because I took 2 or 3 hits off an effen pipe a month earlier. I was more than a little relieved when I passed.

So believe me, I know what it's like to lose millions over something like this.

Wait, did I say millions? I meant billions - in my case, anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:53:42 PM »
I hadn't smoked dope in at least 5 years when I went to a friend's house in Jan 1998. He pulled out a pipe and I took a couple hits. Didn't come close to getting high or anything. A few weeks later, I got offered a job I really wanted and accepted.

"Great," my new boss-to-be said, "come on in and fill out the tax forms and other paperwork. And of course we'll need you to get a drug test."

Holy shyte. I didn't know how long pot stayed in the system and I was worried as hell that I was gonna miss out on my dream job because I took 2 or 3 hits off an effen pipe a month earlier. I was more than a little relieved when I passed.

come on, fess up!  you probably didn't inhale

good thing the dude didn't have the ole gas mask close by

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:40 PM »
It's important to know that there are consequences for recording stupid videos like that. I don't think many people realize that.

However, they shouldn't drug test for jobs in the US unless you show up to work presumably under the influence. Just my opinion...

brandx

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »

Mr Smalley hopes you feel good about yourself today. Self affirmation is always good for the soul.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
It's important to know that there are consequences for recording stupid videos like that. I don't think many people realize that.

However, they shouldn't drug test for jobs in the US unless you show up to work presumably under the influence. Just my opinion...

i respectfully disagree-most jobs drug test for a number of reasons-liability, character, responsibility, etc.  knowing most places do drug test, if one has drugs in his/her system, does this person not have enough self control to hold off until he/she has a job.  many people who take drugs, other than the smell if drug of choice is "odiferous", do not necessarily have to exhibit abnormal behavior.  thus, the drug addict in front of you may appear to be very normal on drugs, but abnormal while drug-free. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »
The video discussed below surfaced literally 10 minutes before the draft began via social media.

Tunsil said someone hacked his twitter and Instagram accounts to get it.

Word is the NCAA is really upset about this and going to punish the UNC women's basketball team another 2 years

F*cking hilarious!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
I don't know, Marty - Ole Miss isn't a blue blood. There may be a real price to pay here.

Nah man, they're SEC. Theyll be alright

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 04:57:33 PM »

Don't lump the entire generation together. Some people are just stupid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »
Don't lump the entire generation together. Some people are just stupid.

I have a 21 year old.   I can differentiate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:36 AM »

That's a shame that your buddy was buying schwag nug and you didn't get high. What a waste
Bring back FFP!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »
We lost our intern candidate a few years ago....bright kid, played ball at UCLA, took the drug test and bam....no more intern.

Oh well....took a gal from Vanderbilt instead.   People are stupid.  This kid, lost $7M.   Would not be surprised to seem him get suspended during his career.   Some just never learn.  Whether you like the law, hate the law, it is the law.

feedback