Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New arena info  (Read 42568 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: New arena info
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »
Nah, Lens is actually Fr. Wild, hey?

Wild, please!  I'm Chicos.  Who else could get such access?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
Foxconn’s history of broken promises casts a shadow on Wisconsin news

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/foxconns-history-of-broken-promises-casts-a-shadow-on-wisconsin-news-2017-07-27
Yep these companies are doing that all over you can include my hometown we've been waiting for over 5 yrs. A good friend of mine, a lawyer, sold him 2 of his buildings for offices that they occupy right now. They offered to contract him as their lawyer, but he said he declined because he saw certain things that lead him to suspect they are laundering money.
Goal is National Championship

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/2017/07/28/foxconn-chairman-terry-gou-explains-10-billion-plan-wisconsin/518765001/

Shouldn't Foxconn have to have their own PR Dept.?

Obviously, we'd all like to have them locate here - I live in Racine county. But, lets see what the giveaway amounts to before we go all gung-ho.

Also, since they want to give the Orange creep credit here as well, why isn't the Federal gov't providing some of this corporate welfare? Why should it fall all on the state and county? And how much burden will there be locally? We haven't seen any numbers yet other than generalities.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
  "And how much burden will there be locally? "

well, as i said earlier-upwards of 13,000 jobs created averaging $55k per year plus benefits.  then you've got all the constructions jobs building the "campus".  all of the companies that will provide the materials for all of this plus foxconn's day-day operations.  more than likely, many of these people either will move to the area-renting, buying, paying property taxes...all of the area businesses providing to these new people-food, gas, toilet paper, etc etc

yeah, that's quite the burden
don't...don't don't don't don't

🏀

• All American
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2017, 01:54:38 PM »
Walker better stop purposely delaying the N-S Cooridor a'ina?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
Walker better stop purposely delaying the N-S Cooridor a'ina?

he needs to fire his dept. of transportation who never hold the contractors for these road projects to their contracts.  they are constantly over budget, by... A LOT and nothing is ever done nor said.  then, when the department is out of money, meaning, IN-THE-HOLE, they squeal like babys

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »
Wisconsin needs to bring back the inflation adjusted gas tax that it dropped during the Doyle admin.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:34 PM »
he needs to fire his dept. of transportation who never hold the contractors for these road projects to their contracts.  they are constantly over budget, by... A LOT and nothing is ever done nor said.  then, when the department is out of money, meaning, IN-THE-HOLE, they squeal like babys

You have no idea what you are talking about, sit this one out champ.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:51 PM »
Wisconsin needs to bring back the inflation adjusted gas tax that it dropped during the Doyle admin.
With the onset of Tessa's and other electric veichles, that is short sighted.  Or not.   ;)

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2017, 08:33:22 PM »
With the onset of Tesla's and other electric veichles, that is short sighted.  Or not.   ;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »

This would be a start, but like the rest of the nation, not a solution.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »
With the onset of Tessa's and other electric veichles, that is short sighted.  Or not.   ;)

Good point. Gas tax may not be the best option long term. But it was dropped short term for political reasons.  The lack of revenue resulting has been a problem.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2017, 08:37:44 PM »

It's hardly short sighted, the MFT fund has not inflated with construction prices as it should. Every year the state does less with the same stagnant pool of funding.

It needs to happen now while Wisconsin and every other state figure out the funding for the next century.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
You have no idea what you are talking about, sit this one out champ.

listen sparky, i'm a pro walker guy, but he needs to reign in the transportation dept.  i can understand costs going up with inflation, but if i'm paying the bill, i'd like to know when something goes up a couple hundred percent from the time i agreed to the deal to the time of delivering the goods.  i may have to change my mind on the purchase, hold them to their original contract or get new bids.   
  i'm a PRO-transportation guy, but NOT with a blank checkbook.  good infrastructure leads to getting big business like the foxconn's and the amazons and the u-lines, et. al., but

http://fox6now.com/2017/01/26/republican-state-senator-calls-latest-dot-audit-devastating/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
listen sparky, i'm a pro walker guy, but he needs to reign in the transportation dept.  i can understand costs going up with inflation, but if i'm paying the bill, i'd like to know when something goes up a couple hundred percent from the time i agreed to the deal to the time of delivering the goods.  i may have to change my mind on the purchase, hold them to their original contract or get new bids.   
  i'm a PRO-transportation guy, but NOT with a blank checkbook.  good infrastructure leads to getting big business like the foxconn's and the amazons and the u-lines, et. al., but

http://fox6now.com/2017/01/26/republican-state-senator-calls-latest-dot-audit-devastating/

rocket, the roads in Wisconsin are awful.  Even the Republican legislature knows it.  Raise the gas tax a few pennies and tie it to inflation and it would be good enough.  But Walker can't do that because he's too interested in his future.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
I'm kinda hoping it's the "Rickey's on State Arena."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »

Walker turned his back on transportation long ago, there is no such thing as pro-Walker and pro-transportation.

In regards to overages, DOT estimates for projects are at an all-time high, but contractor's bids are at an all time low. These are mutual.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
Alright folks.  Lets keep this to the arena before I have to move it to the superbar and lock it as a political thread.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
Alright folks.  Lets keep this to the arena before I have to move it to the superbar and lock it as a political thread.

Thank you!  The offseason is too long...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
Good point. Gas tax may not be the best option long term. But it was dropped short term for political reasons.  The lack of revenue resulting has been a problem.

California is considering a vehicle use tax. They recognize the increasing numbers of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles on the roads and the gas tax is not keeping up with budget needs. Electrics avoid the tax completely and have a free ride so to speak while everyone else pays the tax.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
California is considering a vehicle use tax. They recognize the increasing numbers of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles on the roads and the gas tax is not keeping up with budget needs. Electrics avoid the tax completely and have a free ride so to speak while everyone else pays the tax.

Ahem.  79...that has nothing to do with the new arena!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »
Ahem.  79...that has nothing to do with the new arena!

I was responding to sultan's gas tax comment. Sorry if it confused you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
So what do people think of the "Ricky's on State Arena" idea?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
So what do people think of the "Ricky's on State Arena" idea?

If Ricky had that kind of cash, he'd hire better-looking strippers.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback