[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New arena info  (Read 42556 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: New arena info
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »
they are investing $10 billion, creating up to 13,000 jobs at average annual salary of $55k plus bennies.  with those kinds of jobs, they might even buy MU tix, eyn'er?

Hopefully.

Again, it's just an example of how one type of welfare is considered a good investment, but the other is considered an expense.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
Here we go.  I make a simple statement that a new corporate giant is coming to town and might be a great candidate for the naming rights and THAT simply can't be celebrated.

Perhaps the mods should re-establish the politics board so you guys have a place to voice your opinions.  Heck, it's now 'allowed' to permeate a decent percentage of the Superbar threads anyway.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:16 PM »
I took a tour of the arena last week.  It feels much smaller than the BC and that's with just standing on a concrete floor and no seats in place.   The top row of the new arena is 30 feet below the top of the BC.  Every seats feel like it's on top of the action.  Honestly it was better than I expected and the Panorama Club (open to all ticket holders each game) will be very, very cool.

Very cool.  Did you have special connections or something?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
Nah, Lens is actually Fr. Wild, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
Here we go.  I make a simple statement that a new corporate giant is coming to town and might be a great candidate for the naming rights and THAT simply can't be celebrated.

Perhaps the mods should re-establish the politics board so you guys have a place to voice your opinions.  Heck, it's now 'allowed' to permeate a decent percentage of the Superbar threads anyway.

Calm down Cowboy.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »

Hopefully.

Again, it's just an example of how one type of welfare is considered a good investment, but the other is considered an expense.

Hmmm, one kind of welfare creates thousands and thousands of tax-paying jobs and the other traps people in poverty....

Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2017, 09:28:26 PM »
Hmmm, one kind of welfare creates thousands and thousands of tax-paying jobs and the other traps people in poverty....

Or gives people a chance for a better life.  Really not as simple minded as you portray it.

BTW, comforted glow yet?  He seems a little unsettled.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »

Holy $hit do you jump off the cliff quickly. Perhaps you and your friend should spend, say, just one day off Scoop and be a shoulder for each to cry on.

You revived a four month dead thread with intent. Then played the victim. That's immature and pathetic.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »

Or gives people a chance for a better life.  Really not as simple minded as you portray it.

BTW, comforted glow yet?  He seems a little unsettled.

Let's look at both types of welfare recipients ten years from now and see which was a better use of government money.

And no need to worry about glow.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2017, 09:53:54 PM »
Let's look at both types of welfare recipients ten years from now and see which was a better use of government money.

1.  I never said one was better than the other, but...

2.  Define your parameters. How will you determine which one was a better investment?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
Foxconn Center.  Book it baby.

Silk Exotic Entertainment Center or bust. Halftime shows will be...

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »

Anyone remember when Ashley Madison was the leading bid for naming rights for the new Giants stadium?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2017, 10:28:06 PM »
Silk Exotic Entertainment Center or busts. Halftime shows will be...

FIFY

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »

Yeees!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:10 AM »
2.  Define your parameters. How will you determine which one was a better investment?

Easy.  If we're talking just about welfare (i.e. food stamps and the like), number of people employed would be a wonderful metric.

If you're talking about including all social welfare programs (e.g. disability, social security, medicare/medicaid, ACA subsidies, etc.).. apples and giraffes, so good luck with that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
If they do go with the Foxconn Center, there will be some solid potential for nicknames... Foxhole anyone?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
If they do go with the Foxconn Center, there will be some solid potential for nicknames... Foxhole anyone?

Foxconnsin?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
From what I read about Foxxcon,see if it happens first.  If they break ground then you can call it a Done Deal.  Apparently this is not the first time they've announced new plants in the USA or elsewhere.  Pennsylvania is still waiting on the promised plant from 4 years or so ago.  Indonesia is still waiting on any action at all on the promised and announced $1b plant about 2 years ago.   

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
From what I read about Foxxcon,see if it happens first.  If they break ground then you can call it a Done Deal.  Apparently this is not the first time they've announced new plants in the USA or elsewhere.  Pennsylvania is still waiting on the promised plant from 4 years or so ago.  Indonesia is still waiting on any action at all on the promised and announced $1b plant about 2 years ago.

My sense:

Wisconsin thinks the negotiations are over
Foxconn thinks they have yet to begin
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
My sense:

Wisconsin thinks the negotiations are over
Foxconn thinks they have yet to begin

Foxconn’s history of broken promises casts a shadow on Wisconsin news

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/foxconns-history-of-broken-promises-casts-a-shadow-on-wisconsin-news-2017-07-27

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »

Yeah I'm pretty solidly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
  good thing it wasn't announced from the rose garden with bob and jani enn'a enn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »
Another stupid decision made by DePaul in this sh!tstorm of a project.

The best part of this article could be the photo of the student section.  This is better than what I saw at the Marquette game:

At first, I thought this was a typo:
"Following a mid-February win over Providence, members of DePaul’s men’s basketball team stormed the student section at Allstate Arena"

Now that I see what the student section looks like, it makes more sense that the team would storm the student section.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2017, 12:11:02 AM »
At first, I thought this was a typo:
"Following a mid-February win over Providence, members of DePaul’s men’s basketball team stormed the student section at Allstate Arena"

Now that I see what the student section looks like, it makes more sense that the team would storm the student section.

My guess is half those people are DePauw students who misread the schedule.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.